Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a summer evening scent (preferably niche)

Heading to the West Indies for 2 months soon, and i never thought about a scent for those warm evenings, does anyone have any suggestions? i have Geranium Pour Monsieur and Rose 31 for the day, but at night.....

Default Re: Looking for a summer evening scent (preferably niche)

Jubilation XXV
    Black Aoud
    Timbuktu
    Sycomore

Amouage ~ Reflection
    MPG ~ Eau des Iles
    Idole de Lubin
    by Kilian ~ Straight to Heaven
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

You can't go wrong with a Montale Aoud, such as black aoud. However when you say warm do you mean hot? Some people think Aoud is too much for hot weather.

Another good and somewhat affordable one is Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens. Anything by Amouage if you're willing to spend the money as well, very classy, deep, complex, superior Quality and strong. I hate to always recommend those 3 houses, but ultimately if you're looking for anything than a hot summer days fragrance, Look no further than Amouage, Montale and Tom Ford. I'm not sure about your specific taste, so check out all of their best sellers, some of my favorites listed accordingly:

Amouage: Dia, Epic, Reflection, Jubilation XXV or Lyric woman, basically a stronger version of the Mens but you already got a good rose fragrance.

Montale: Black Aoud, Patchouli Leaves, Red Aoud, Aoud Cuir d'Arabie among many others.

Tom Ford: Amber Absolute, Tobacco Vanille, Black Orchid EdP, Noir de Noir, Tom Ford Extreme, Oud Wood

Good luck!
    -Ekove

Noir De Reminiscence

Profvmvm Roma Olibanum
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    Creed Erolfa
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur

Sur la Plage

Carnal Flower
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Rose 31
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

Gendarme

you know what pisses me off..that noone has mentioned L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent. I know this is basenotes andwe all have an appreciation for the complexity of fragrance and the art of niche, but lets get real for a second. L'Homme smells absolutely phenominal.every nonbasenoter in the real world will without a doubt love it. i couldnt think of a better time to wear L'Homme then those warm summer nights.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    you know what pisses me off..that noone has mentioned L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent. I know this is basenotes andwe all have an appreciation for the complexity of fragrance and the art of niche, but lets get real for a second. L'Homme smells absolutely phenominal.every nonbasenoter in the real world will without a doubt love it. i couldnt think of a better time to wear L'Homme then those warm summer nights.
    i dont like L'Homme.

Seconding Amouage Reflection. It's classy and sexy and sweet but fares well in the heat.

Also consider Lyric Man by Amouage. Idole de Lubin is a good suggestion, and I'd also add Aziyade by Parfum's D'Empire - a very fruity and alcoholic amber.

Another one that fares extremely well in the heat and is understated but quite sexy is L'Artisan's Al Oudh. I love this stuff!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post

Another one that fares extremely well in the heat and is understated but quite sexy is L'Artisan's Al Oudh. I love this stuff!
    Someone else mentioned to me how much they liked Al Oudh, whats it like it your opinion?

Reflection... I respect all you folks, but I really can`t understand how some people can manage to wear this stuff without beeing sick! I`ve tried it several times, but each time it gave me a baaad headache and almost make me sick. Like a hangover! Most of the scents from Amouage are first-class/high quality stuff, but Reflection? No no... IMO, It`s a disaster!

Dependent

L'Air Du Desert Marocain can work perfectly on a warm evening, I've used it many times. Iris Silver Mist is another one that works wonderfully in the warmest evenings. One of my favorites is the ever popular Chergui - when I can't decide on what to wear, I just fall back on it. If applied appropriately, I think most scents can work well in warm weather, in fact I've noticed they bloom (some explode, so you got to be careful!) in warmer settings.
    Last edited by MFJ; 7th September 2010 at 02:13 PM.

Point Blank

Encre Noire.