Code of Conduct

Default Sexy & Seductive Scents?

hii guys,

i'm looking to add a warm, sensual and seductive scent to my wardrobe and was looking for suggestions.

i'm 19 years old.

thanks in advance!

Default Re: Sexy & Seductive Scents?

warm? sexy? seductive? your looking for Givenchy Pi.

Generally, especially at your age, seductive equals gourmands. Though of course it depends on the person, some fragrances will sort of click for certain ladies. My uncle for examples always wears women fragrances, and he looks really manly (a fireman/fisherman type of guy), and I guess his looks help him pull that off.

Anyway, I'd suggest two categories for you to start:

Gourmands:
    Le Male: Cinnamon Candle with little vanilla
    Angel Pure Malt: Nutmeg + booze (regular angel is better but not everyone likes it)
    Body Kouros: Almost same as Le Male but manlier, deeper and less common. Also warm.
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille: Aromatic pipe tobacco, expensive outside of the UK, such a chick magnet though. Also warm.
    Black XS/CK Euphoria Intense: Both have a strawberry vibe to them and are very attractive to the ladie
    Givenchy Pi: nothing special, just a good sweet fragrance.

Aouds - generally expensive outside of the middle east, but unlike gourmands, they're not common and are also sexy and definitely warm and relaxing(I spray some before going to bed):
    M7: Affordable, not very Aoud-y but it's still there, sweet and somewhat spicy, my current signature fragrance.
    Montale Black Aoud: Aoud and Roses, lasts all day, you can get it at a good price here and there.
    Aoud Cuir d'Arabie: Basically Black Aoud light

Most other Aouds are probably a little too expensive for someone your age. Good luck though, if you'd like more recommendations or guidelines just let me know. I'm also about your age by the way, and I suppose I know what girls like, though if you have a girlfriend try to find her specific taste, mine just like all girls likes Gourmands, but also Ambers, And despite not liking how Aoud smells on paper she compliments me all day when I put an Aoud fragrance on.

depends on price, if you want something reasonable go for body kouros, angel men, pure malt if you can get it if you want something more expensive go for tobacco vanille.

What will come out as seductive will depend om Your relation, wouldn't it? As a citation: "Some Like It Hot" - which implies: not all! Others might be attracted by cool?

Longing for warmth and sensuality will by any means discard "gourmand" scents.

Sexy and seductive would for sure be any scent that You yourself like in the first place. Something You are willling to identify with and foremost enjoy! Something worn to seduce or to cover Your lacking self concept will make You smell like a pimp.

Scents I wear in a calm, sensible mood would be Etat Libre D'Orange NOMBRILE IMMENSE or Caron THIRD MAN (3em Homme). Both fragrances radiate confidence and beauty. Not at least because both in parts resemble warm and dry skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    Generally, especially at your age, seductive equals gourmands. Though of course it depends on the person, some fragrances will sort of click for certain ladies. My uncle for examples always wears women fragrances, and he looks really manly (a fireman/fisherman type of guy), and I guess his looks help him pull that off.

Anyway, I'd suggest two categories for you to start:

Gourmands:
    Le Male: Cinnamon Candle with little vanilla
    Angel Pure Malt: Nutmeg + booze (regular angel is better but not everyone likes it)
    Body Kouros: Almost same as Le Male but manlier, deeper and less common. Also warm.
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille: Aromatic pipe tobacco, expensive outside of the UK, such a chick magnet though. Also warm.
    Black XS/CK Euphoria Intense: Both have a strawberry vibe to them and are very attractive to the ladie
    Givenchy Pi: nothing special, just a good sweet fragrance.

Aouds - generally expensive outside of the middle east, but unlike gourmands, they're not common and are also sexy and definitely warm and relaxing(I spray some before going to bed):
    M7: Affordable, not very Aoud-y but it's still there, sweet and somewhat spicy, my current signature fragrance.
    Montale Black Aoud: Aoud and Roses, lasts all day, you can get it at a good price here and there.
    Aoud Cuir d'Arabie: Basically Black Aoud light

Most other Aouds are probably a little too expensive for someone your age. Good luck though, if you'd like more recommendations or guidelines just let me know. I'm also about your age by the way, and I suppose I know what girls like, though if you have a girlfriend try to find her specific taste, mine just like all girls likes Gourmands, but also Ambers, And despite not liking how Aoud smells on paper she compliments me all day when I put an Aoud fragrance on.
    thanks!

i've also been looking at creed, silver mountain water & serge lutens, douce amere. wondering if you had any opinions of those?

Guerlain Homme Intense

silver mountain water is not sexy, it is a very fresh and clean scent, as if you had your clothes washed and dried fresh, for me it is hard to find an occasion to wear it.

I will have to give a recommendation for Musc Ravenger on this one.

Givenchy Pi is a very good starting point.

Blog Entries

^ WildThingy makes a couple of good points. First, I'm wondering what you normally wear, and what you are like in sexy and seductive mode. Are you James Bond cool or Latin lover hot? Do you normally wear classic frags or modern, sporty frags? I can imagine some excellent frags for you, and some have been mentioned, but some of my sexy scents could make the wrong person come off totally wrong (including like a pimp! )

Third Man is a great, smoky, mature fragrance, but you would need to love it and be confident in it. My son (18) would NOT touch it - his style is totally wrong for that. He likes mainstream aquatics and light Bond no.9 for going out. But for the right young guy, Third Man is classic retro cool because it's timelessly good and not common. It's also priced nicely.

One modern (and, unfortunately, moderately expensive) fragrance that my wife really likes (for me, that = sexy and seductive) is Tom Ford Noir de Noir. A little fancy and girly, a little strong and manly, very dark and modern, and gourmand to boot. If I had to keep one sexy scent, that would probably be it.

Try L'Occitane's Eaux des Baux. This is a warm vanilla/incense with cypress. It is only about $46 or so USD and you can buy it online. It is not common for young men (at least in the U.S.) to wear something like this as they usu. opt for those common, insipid aquatics they sell everywhere.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Try L'Occitane's Eaux des Baux. This is a warm vanilla/incense with cypress. It is only about $46 or so USD and you can buy it online. It is not common for young men (at least in the U.S.) to wear something like this as they usu. opt for those common, insipid aquatics they sell everywhere.
    Good call, Primrose. You almost can't go wrong with that one. I may introduce my son to that one - maybe the aftershave if they have it. I was a coin-flip away from buying that myself.

Gucci Por Homme 2
    Hermessence Ambre Narguille (kinda pricey though)

Hmm.. Can`t think of enything better than,

1. Hermes Bel Ami
    2. Michael for Men
    3. Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    ^ WildThingy makes a couple of good points. First, I'm wondering what you normally wear, and what you are like in sexy and seductive mode. Are you James Bond cool or Latin lover hot? Do you normally wear classic frags or modern, sporty frags? I can imagine some excellent frags for you, and some have been mentioned, but some of my sexy scents could make the wrong person come off totally wrong (including like a pimp! )

Third Man is a great, smoky, mature fragrance, but you would need to love it and be confident in it. My son (18) would NOT touch it - his style is totally wrong for that. He likes mainstream aquatics and light Bond no.9 for going out. But for the right young guy, Third Man is classic retro cool because it's timelessly good and not common. It's also priced nicely.

One modern (and, unfortunately, moderately expensive) fragrance that my wife really likes (for me, that = sexy and seductive) is Tom Ford Noir de Noir. A little fancy and girly, a little strong and manly, very dark and modern, and gourmand to boot. If I had to keep one sexy scent, that would probably be it.
    i'd say i'm pretty in between the james bond cool and latin hot lover. I normally wear fragrances such as le nuit de l'homme, joop, polo black.

i'm going sampling 2moro, so suggestions are more than welcome

thankyou!

Quote Originally Posted by jpr1991 View Post
    thanks!

i've also been looking at creed, silver mountain water & serge lutens, douce amere. wondering if you had any opinions of those?
    Creed Silver Mountain Water: Unlike the three brands I always recommend (Amouage, Montale, Tom Ford), Creed is the opposite of them for me. I never felt any of their fragrance are unique or of high quality enough for the price, except Bois de Portugal. Silver Mountain Water is just another of their many Fresh/Aquatics, nothing impressive. I can Not tell how much you like it, maybe it's your thing, but I can definitely, as with most Aquatics, it is not going to be a sexy addition to your Wardrobe.

Serge Lutens Douce Amere: Not my favorite Serge Lutens, I think Five O'Clock is a better sweet somewhat gourmand fragrance by them. Douce Amere is a gourmand with a middle eastern vibe. Smells like Baklava or something I forgot the name of, in addition to a syrpy/dried fruit note. It's very nice, as with most Serge Lutens, very unique as well. But despite being a Gourmand, I fail to view this one as sexy, it's just not something most people would enjoy. And it beats Silver Mountain Water in the sexy department by a milestone. Actually to think about it, it is somewhat yummy, but as I said, Serge Lutens is not an easy house to wear something from, if you find it sexy, that's good enough though.

I forgot to mention Musc Ravageur, a really expensive one (for such average quality. you could get an Amouage for that much money, and they're miles apart in quality). But it's sexy nevertheless since it's a really nice clean very creamy gourmand. It is the best in the department of a simple creamy, musky, ambery, vanilla, and I emphasize on simple. There are many gourmands dominated by those three notes (Musk, Vanilla, Amber), and they're so simple to begin with, this one is just too simple. But people swear by it, it's a good place to start if not for the price. I actually got it today as a gift from my girlfriend, and she doesn't usually buy me expensive things that often, if that tells you anything. I'll summarize this quick review by simply saying, Musc Ravageur, not complex, not of that high quality. But the job it attempts to accomplish, and accomplishes it better than any other fragrance, does not require complexity or quality, does that make it worth the price? Countless reviewers as of late consider Musc Ravageur to be the sexiest and best gourmand. At least try it, I warn you as with most Frederic Malle Fragrances they have a "Rusty" top note, they're all about the dry down.

By the way, I completely agree with WildThingy, and you need to keep in mind that what people perceive as warm, seductive or sexy varies. I am just giving you guidelines to what is generally perceived as sexy, seductive and also warm.

Blog Entries

i'd say i'm pretty in between the james bond cool and latin hot lover. I normally wear fragrances such as le nuit de l'homme, joop, polo black.

i'm going sampling 2moro, so suggestions are more than welcome

thankyou!
    Good - I'm a big fan of La Nuit de L'Homme, and have frags similar to your others, so I know where you're going, as well as lots of other posters here like you. You'll have NO problems. In fact, I don't see any scents people have listed above that wouldn't work for you. Just be careful not to over apply - some of these are going to tend up toward Joop in strength.

Also be careful about the difference between a sexy scent as in going out to the clubs, and a sexy scent for a specific person. Based on what you're saying, you want warm, but you don't want loud. Take A*Men Pure Malt. Worn lightly, it's ultra-warm and sexy. Worn strongly, it's like a walking distillery+Starbucks+chocolate shop. Easy in the trigger with some of these babies!

One last suggestion - Hanae Mori HM. It's an interesting gourmand. OK, a couple more. Rochas Man and Bond no.9 New Haarlem. They're both coffee gourmands, with interesting differences, particularly the price of the Rochas! I see that one recommended frequently as a cuddle scent.

dior homme intense
    Acqua di Gi is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

thankyou for the suggestions! will defo be trying them on 2moro and will let you know what i think

any thoughts on ck euphoria & any gucci fragrances?

CK Euphoria has the same vibe as Black XS. Strawberry/Fruity with some spices, I like it more but it's very weak compared to Black XS.

I agree with Hanae Mori (HM), its fairly easy to find and reasonably priced. If you feel like something a little different try Blue Sugar by Aqualina. Women might want to come up and lick your neck so be careful(LOL). It reminds me of walking into a small bakery in Paris in the late fall on a brisk sunny day. Oh the HM has a slight note of licorice, again be careful.

M7, Body Kouros, Animale Animale,

usually gourmands that have strong elements such as wood , tobacco , pepper, leather,etc can be considered sexy.

are hanae mori and blue sugar easily avaiable in london?

Dependent

I recommend Muscs Koublai Khan and L'Ombre Fauve. I know I may sound like I'm fooling you with MKK. When I first smelled it, it stank. But I noticed it is scents like these that get me very curious and coming back for more. Don't we all secretly love certain stinky smells? MKK is my idea of sexy and seductive. L'Ombre Fauve is also another that keeps my nose coming back for more. It is warm and sensual, and I really think it is good for intimacy. Warm gourmandish and/or desserty scents are great too, but they're more playful than sensual or seductive, IMO. Anyway, this is just my opinion, and hopefully whoever is my partner can appreciate these on me!

+1 Rose 31

Basically for me, bodily/animalic smells are great for intimacy, if that is what you are seeking!

All the best and happy sampling.

Body Kouros, Pi, Opium, M7, Obsession for men, Zino, Le Male, Gucci Envy for men and many more

Talking Re: Sexy & Seductive Scents?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    usually gourmands that have strong elements such as wood , tobacco , pepper, leather,etc can be considered sexy.
    From my humble personal experience the sex appeal of odor depends on certain aromas that let each conclude about the immunic systems of the other. This framework is scientifically proven so far. I know women (I'm straight by the way) I like but which do not smell sexy to me. Other are hmmm ... know what.

If "gourmands" are considered sexy what about - a good diner instead? An invitation would exemplify the meaning well, good manners and it is by far more controllable than a fragrance, different settings available from a happy fast food before/after a walk in the zoo (cute/poor animals, show some empathy!) to an earnest gourMET experience.

Whatever, a fragrance won't do it alone. It may signal "I want You", but such is better said in three honest words ... repeatedly: wear what You like IF You like fragrance. Only Your very own likeing of it will give You confidence, an assured voice to say things that she will remember her whole life long, since that is what she wants - granted.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    I recommend Muscs Koublai Khan and L'Ombre Fauve. I know I may sound like I'm fooling you with MKK. When I first smelled it, it stank. But I noticed it is scents like these that get me very curious and coming back for more. Don't we all secretly love certain stinky smells? MKK is my idea of sexy and seductive. L'Ombre Fauve is also another that keeps my nose coming back for more. It is warm and sensual, and I really think it is good for intimacy. Warm gourmandish and/or desserty scents are great too, but they're more playful than sensual or seductive, IMO. Anyway, this is just my opinion, and hopefully whoever is my partner can appreciate these on me!

+1 Rose 31

Basically for me, bodily/animalic smells are great for intimacy, if that is what you are seeking!

Great suggestion... But our friend is 19 y.o. and I reckon he might take it easy. Pi Givenchy is probably more appropriate, more fun and quite sexy on a young man. A*Men will do, as well as Joop! I guess. More mature scents will just smell like he's trying bit too hard

Scents that are currently in my wardrobe and fall in the category described: Body Kouros, BLV Notte, By Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Creed Royal Delight.

I have also sampled several times: Costume National - 21, Parfum D'Empire - Ambre Russe, Bois 1920 - Sushi Imperiale, Robert Piguet - Visa, and seem pretty seductive and warm and most important: very pleasant.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by lupo View Post
    Great suggestion... But our friend is 19 y.o. and I reckon he might take it easy. Pi Givenchy is probably more appropriate, more fun and quite sexy on a young man. A*Men will do, as well as Joop! I guess. More mature scents will just smell like he's trying bit too hard
    Haha! Yeah I had considered his age, and wanted to say that at 19 he'll probably have more raw energy than he would actually need any contributing factors to aid him in seduction. You're probably right, he might prefer to smell playful, instead of smelling like he needed seduction assistance. I keep forgetting that I'm not 19 anymore. Good call.

Yes absolutely, Harrods always has the Hanae Mori. The Blue Sugar is trickier but you may find it "dedicated" stores. Those dealing only with scents. If you cant find let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by trex57 View Post
    Yes absolutely, Harrods always has the Hanae Mori. The Blue Sugar is trickier but you may find it "dedicated" stores. Those dealing only with scents. If you cant find let me know.
    is it worth me making a trip to harrods for it? what kind of fragrance is it like?

Costume National 21 or Scent Intense, and then Les Imperedies Imperial Oppoponax. A bit too sweet for me, since I dont like vanilla, but the ladies tend to like it.

I recommend Muscs Koublai Khan and L'Ombre Fauve. I know I may sound like I'm fooling you with MKK. When I first smelled it, it stank. But I noticed it is scents like these that get me very curious and coming back for more. Don't we all secretly love certain stinky smells?

He's fooling you.

Unfortunately, much to my surprise Harrods isnt carrying Hanae Mori. BUT, if you are okay with ordering online use Fragrancex. Its a company Ive used and the prices are very good. The frags are originals. No knockoff garbage. The fragrance is a very sexy subtle new "gourmand Oriental". There are apparently over 50 essences used but the prime are Jasmin, Lavender, lemon,chocolate and vanilla. Blue Sugar is also available at really low price, a smokin gourmand scent. Basicallycaramel, anise licorice with some chocolate I think. Go for it. I think the website has free shipping. IMO a good site. Let me know via PM. I do not work for them

silver mountain water is not sexy, it is a very fresh and clean scent, as if you had your clothes washed and dried fresh, for me it is hard to find an occasion to wear it.
    I actually have to adamantly disagree here. The amount of compliments I've gotten with this, and the enthusiasm of them lead me to believe that it is a very sexy summertime/spring scent...It's uniqueness and musky dry down give it depth. This and Millesime Imperial are well documented to have gotten some of the most compliments from women.

Other than that, try out Eau de Baux, Pure Malt, Tobacco Vanille.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    I actually have to adamantly disagree here. The amount of compliments I've gotten with this, and the enthusiasm of them lead me to believe that it is a very sexy summertime/spring scent...It's uniqueness and musky dry down give it depth. This and Millesime Imperial are well documented to have gotten some of the most compliments from women.

Other than that, try out Eau de Baux, Pure Malt, Tobacco Vanille.
    love pure malt and tobacco vanille both are sexy. silver mountain is clean and fresh but to me it is not sexy, but my personal opinion. take it for what it is worth lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    From my humble personal experience the sex appeal of odor depends on certain aromas that let each conclude about the immunic systems of the other. This framework is scientifically proven so far. I know women (I'm straight by the way) I like but which do not smell sexy to me. Other are hmmm ... know what.

If "gourmands" are considered sexy what about - a good diner instead? An invitation would exemplify the meaning well, good manners and it is by far more controllable than a fragrance, different settings available from a happy fast food before/after a walk in the zoo (cute/poor animals, show some empathy!) to an earnest gourMET experience.

Whatever, a fragrance won't do it alone. It may signal "I want You", but such is better said in three honest words ... repeatedly: wear what You like IF You like fragrance. Only Your very own likeing of it will give You confidence, an assured voice to say things that she will remember her whole life long, since that is what she wants - granted.
    fragrance is more personal and intimate in a way since it is on your skin and you only let certain people near you to smell it. I will leave it at that lol.

Talking Re: Sexy & Seductive Scents?

fragrance is more personal and intimate in a way since it is on your skin and you only let certain people near you to smell it. I will leave it at that lol.
    So, leave it at that. With one strike my whole argumentation is doomed to nothing. Let's have a look on that strike: fragrance is intimate, hence only few people are able to smell the message, to be precise -certain- people. That said regarding the trial to seduce a woman/girl.

On the other hand many basenoters, especially CREED addictives rave about compliments they receive while wearing their costly signature scents around in public. How can that be if You Bond0007 are right? More so as CREED is considered "niche" which will by any means complicate things regarding the contents of the fragrances olfactory message. How could people "read" what the scent should say if they are just naive uneducated smellers? May I remember You of the conflicting statements about - a rather silly name, sorry - CREEDs "Silver Mountain Water"? One says "fresh" the other "sexy".

A third hand needed: Do You really think a diner tete a tete is NOT an intimate setting irregardless comprising fast food in the zoo (showing empathy with cute/poor animals) or a gourMET adventure (showing more mental wealth than 10 CREED bottles alltogether) ?

Forth hand: Do You really discard spoken words (for instance "I love You"), using an assured voice coming from pleasure with a used to and pleasing scent in favour of a (CREED) fragrance that should say something on its own?

The girl/woman in target should if the seduction is considered worth it have more brains than an olfactory center. I'm pretty sure the OP isn't just fishing for compliments as an old boot would do.

Considering age appropriateness, and I'm assuming a budget (lower=better), I'm going to recomend/+1 to (YSL) Body Kouros, and add Lolita Au Lempicka (homme). Something like (Thierry Mugler) Angel for Men might also work.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Gucci Envy
    Body Kouros
    Givenchy Pi
    M7 If you Like oudh or Agarwood

Bvlgari Soir
    Dior Homme Intense
    La Nuit (YSL)
    Rochas Man
    Geir
    Gucci Envy
    Bvlgari Black
    Perry Ellis 360
    Gucci 2
    Swiss Army
    Creed Aventus
    Jaipur EDP
    Armani Code

I have been getting ton of compliments on Bvlgari Soir as of late. Women say it smells amazing....

+1 Rose 31

L'Ombre Fauve is red hot sensual for sure.

Rose 31 and MKK nice too, but not as sensual as L'Ombre Fauve. That one is near dangerous. Potent juice too.

There are scents that get attention and are not hyped at all on this site: Cerruti Pour Homme and Azzaro Silver Black/Onyx

Guys, I think the guy is not asking for something that get compliments from the ladies or ones that they enjoy. But rather ones they find sexy and seductive....I honestly doubt all those freshs and aquatics being listed can be interrupted as sexy...

To me most seductive fragrance that I put on when I am on "prowl" is easily Body Kouros. 2nd one would be Le Male and 3rd probably Pure Malt.

I don't consider Pi to be sexy. Its nice sweet fragrance, but sweet in very simple and almost feminine way.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Yes mate. Not at Harrods in fact, go to Liberty, they are available there.

I would recommend Lolita lempicka au masculine and Givenchy Xeryus Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    There are scents that get attention and are not hyped at all on this site: Cerruti Pour Homme and Azzaro Silver Black/Onyx
    Try also Azzaro pour Homme Elixir (2009) !
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    L'Ombre Fauve is red hot sensual for sure.

That one is near dangerous. Potent juice too.
    Completely agree LA + after giving it a full wear, I'm thinking Midnight in Paris may end up in this category as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sanatik View Post
    Try also Azzaro pour Homme Elixir (2009) !
    If it was to be found in our perfumeries, gladly. But alas noone imports it here

I say Rochas Man is great for someone under 20. Also, the new Joop! Thrill is really nice too!

Zirh Corduroy

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26124511.html
    Attached Images Attached Images