Code of Conduct

Default Can/Should men in uniform (Police) wear cologne?? Your honest opinion..

Hi everyone, I'm new here.. and I did search this to try and find some info before starting this thread.

I'm 28 and I am a College campus security officer. I've been doing this for a month now and well, there are a lot of attractive women here all ages 18+

I do catch a lot of ladies here checking me out but maybe because I'm not your tipical security officer I'm guessing. I'm 6' tall and I am a gym rat with tattoos, I have always been told i have the badboy look and have been compared to Vin Diesel a lot back when I used to have my head shaved.

ANYWAYS, my question to you is.. SHOULD/CAN I wear cologne while on duty? Yes, I'm trying to attract, make em think WOW, maybe catch their attention before they take a look at me as they walk by me. Students, Teachers, parents LOL I do work in an office but I also walk around the campus a lot... and drive a golf cart around. I do need to mention to ya'll that I look the same everyday but not your typical police uniform. tactical pants and polo shirt but pretty much always the same colors.

I love bvlgari black have been wearing it for 3 years (signiture scent) LOTS AND LOTS of compliments.. I've had women trying to steal my bottle before! Projection sucks on it though and before that I wore Bora Bora by liz claiborne and honestly, I had the same result as BB with the ladies! Except it used to fade aways within a couple of hours BUT got compliments ALL the time, malls, hospitals, you name it! OH and one more thing, I DO NOT LIKE SMELLING LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! Especially since i do work around like a 1,000 guys lol. I like to stand out.

any suggestions? thoughts? Damn I wrote a lot! bored here at work its a holiday!!!

Default Re: Can/Should men in uniform (Police) wear cologne?? Your honest opinion..

wow maybe I wrote too much and nobody wants to read? LOL, maybe the wrong section??? help!

maYBE WRONG QUESTION? let me change it then... If i wore cologne while wearing a cop uniform, what would you think?? trying too hard?

Default Re: Can/Should men in uniform (Police) wear cologne?? Your honest opinion..

I think fragrance on a police officer is just fine...as long as it isn't applied too heavily and it doesn't interfere with your responsibilities - and I don't see why it should. Unless you are admiring yourself so much in charming the ladies that you miss seeing something you should (just teasing you a little). I think Bulgari Black smells terrific, and I can definitely see that on a police officer, now that you mention it.

editing to add: Musing...The policemen in Rome have uniforms designed by Armani. I wonder if they wear Armani fragrance as well?

Yeah I love it, But since I'm outside a lot I want more projection. I also want to change it up here and there.. keep them guessing

Basenotes Plus

I work at a job which includes counseling people on finding and keeping employment, so I am going to give you a serious answer. If you employer's personnel policy allows it, why not? In moderation.
    I think you have to ask yourself if you doing this job as something to earn a paycheck, or do you want develop a career ? If the former, then it doesn't matter if you want folks to think "there's goes the hot and sweet smellin bad boy" as you ride by on your golf cart, sillage wafting before and aft. If you want to build a career, you need to dispel an image that you will pull out your fume spray and refresh before your walkie-talkie when you encounter an emergency.

Personally, I'm not attracted to people who I can smell before I get close enough to see the whites of their eyes.

Sorry if this seems overly harsh- I really do wish you well.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Not harsh at all, thanks for the info and I totally agree with you. But no this is not a career plus I'm only here part time, just doing it for the extra cash

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by popo940 View Post
    Not harsh at all, thanks for the info and I totally agree with you. But no this is not a career plus I'm only here part time, just doing it for the extra cash
    Forgot to say- WELCOME to Basenotes popo940!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Thank you!

So I'm guessing no Le male lol I just got Pure Malt in a couple days ago but it gets too hot here in Texas so i guess i'll only spray like 4 times? lol

I have like 4ml of bigarade concetree but all I get out of it is some kinda grapefruit peel.. is that even attractive?

Blog Entries

popo940; Welcome to Basenotes and I think, in moderation, scent would be OK for a policeperson.

I'd love to smell something nice on a handsome man in uniform.

I say wear cologne if You want.....In moderation of course!
    Welcome to Basenotes Popo940!!!
    Gary

I think it's fine to wear fragrance to work, just check your employee handbook/policies to make sure it's not excluded in there. And as people have said before, wear it in moderation - any guy wearing too much fragrance is a turn off because it seems like he is just trying too hard. You may also want to check your employee handbook to make sure there isn't anything against fraternizing with the students. Wear whatever you feel confident in - there are tons to chose from. If you want something different, just steer clear of Acqua di Gio, Curve and those other fragrances that young guys seem to be wearing all the time. The men's board may well have tons of suggestions. Rochas homme and Lolita Lempicka Masculin are softer fragrances that would be work appropriate.