Code of Conduct

Default Tobacco Vanille as an work/office scent?

I got my sample today and really like it, especially the tobacco note. I'm considering wearing it to work tomorrow, but I feel it might be a bit heavy for office use - it's quite heavy/sweet, at least in the beginning. What's your experience? Maybe it's more of an evening scent?

Default Re: Tobacco Vanille as an work/office scent?

No. Categorically not an office scent or to be worn on a plane. On my skin it is way too heavy for confined spaces (along with By Kilian's B2B)

That said it is an amazing (evening) scent. Amazing scent period.

I do not think this would be suitable for work as you may find yourself the centre of attention with people making comments as it is quite potent. And when it gets hot or if the heating is on full blast at your workplace you will be giving off a lot of sillage. For evening though this would be perfect.

Hahaha....NO, Absolutely no.

On of my favorite fragrances, I don't find it to be offensive at all, and I'm a person whose skin makes A*Men seem like a sissy. Yet Tobacco Vanilla is the only fragrance in my wardrobe that anything over 1 or 2 sprays is too much. Now even for a lovely scent, which is also not offensive in my opinion, it's way too strong for daily office use. Surely not daily use...but every now and then.

It depends on the office.
    It's not offensive, vanilla is the most liked and least hated note in studies. All the women in the office will like it alot. Literally no woman has not liked this on me. It's just very heavy. So 1-2 sprays for the office, no more.
    It's not like we're talking about Quorum of Kouros here...it's nilla wafers and clove.

Ok, thanks for the input. You probably saved me from a bad day at work, trying to scrub it off (happend before with a few different fragrances) - I'm just so eager to try it out...

Like Dullah said, depends on the office. I'd wear it- but very, very lightly. BUT, I work in very casual Southern California where anything goes.

The Tom Ford scents are very potent. I wore Tuscan Leather to work and came close to having to scrub it. They project A LOT. Not that people wouldn't like it, but it would make you more a center of attention than you might want.

Get to know it a little out of office first so you can gauge how it wears on you. It's not necessarily an evening scent, but it could get too overpowering in an office or school environment.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 6th September 2010 at 09:28 PM.

If you work either here or here, it’s ok.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    No. Categorically not an office scent or to be worn on a plane. On my skin it is way too heavy for confined spaces (along with By Kilian's B2B)

That said it is an amazing (evening) scent. Amazing scent period.
    it is too mysterious and suggestive for day, it is a great sexy night scent.

I wear it to work on occasion. One shot to the chest before I get dressed. I've never gotten any strange looks or comments. I wouldn't wear it on exposed skin though, since it would be pretty strong.

Quote Originally Posted by lorag View Post
    if you work either here or here, it’s ok.
    lol

Default Tobacco Vanille as an work/office scent?

Its not for the office IMO. I see it more suitable for any activity on a nice cold evening.

I love TV, but would only wear it to work if I was an eccentric rock star...

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    I love TV, but would only wear it to work if I was an eccentric rock star...
    Well, I'm kind of eccentric, but no rock star...

Sur la Plage

Yes. It can be worn in the office, on a plane, or wherever you damn where want to wear it. Just wear it in moderation.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I've tried this twice now, and where I work this won't be acceptable. My female visitor last night loved it though

Where's a good place to buy this online for a lot less, David Jones is the only one that has it and the price tag is somewhat mind bloggling.

The projection and longevity is similar to A*Men though it's even stronger than A*Men, which I've grown to love as well.

Just go easy on the trigger and try it.

I wear all my favorite fragrances to the office, including Amber Absolute, Avignon, Muscs Koublai Khan, Musc Ravageur, A La Nuit, and Carnal Flower.

However, if I have concerns about the power/projection/sillage of a particular fragrance and I only have a spray, I will spray the fragrance on a cotton ball and dab it on my skin. That helps a LOT and still enables me to wear whatever I feel like wearing.

A fragrance with heavy amounts of any base note (e.g. vanilla, amber, musk) is usually not considered good for office wear (who knows who makes these stupid rules). But I say if you can control the projection to about 3 inches, that should keep things tamed down to a worst-case-scenario of mysterious, untraceable, sillage trails as you walk by and perhaps a 6 inch projection if you overheat -- still within the American "personal space" zone...then go for it.

As long as you go easy with it, fine.

I wear it in the office and get no complaints. Mind you, I am the boss.....
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

Not for the office, just do what I do and wear a little on the back of your hand for yourself to enjoy.

I would say no....while i do like it, I don't see Tobacco being a good "work" note. Also (and this may be just personal preference) and that cost, it would not be something I would wear so frequently - more for special occassions, nights out, etc. To me, a work scent should be more solid/industrious, yet not spectacular. Agains, person preference.

I've worn it to work a few times. No one has seemed to notice it or say anything...positive or negative.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio