Code of Conduct

Default How many sprays is over doing it when wearing Bvlgari Black?? when is enough enough?

When I spray BB on me.. from the first spray to the 6th spray, it smells the exact same to me on my nose since I'm wearing it and I guess my nose gets used to it so quick. But I wonder, what would it smell like to someone else beside me after the dry down?

And yes I have sprayed it from 5 to 8 times on me back when I used to go out to a bar, club, tittie bar! Ladies LOVE this stuff!! I promise you! Cowgirls, strippers, preppy chicks, they all could not get enough of my neck!! I swear every chick that was into me and wanted to get closer to me always complimented my scent! They always wanted to know the name of what I was wearing but I never told them lol they would beg me and wellllll thats another story.. but anyways i always put a lot on when I was in a big crowd and got lots of attention BUT only when they wanted to hug me, sit on my lap etc etc.. NEVER just walking by or walking up to me. They had to be a few inches from my neck before they ever noticed it.. my question is.. will it be like that in an office setting also with 6-8 sprays? Projection wise that is! lol

Default Re: How many sprays is over doing it when wearing Bvlgari Black?? when is enough enough?

I get the same results from Bvlgari Black. It's long lasting but stays very close to the skin. As for the so called rubber smell, I get a more leather feel to it. In the drydown vanilla and leather combine to make one unique scent. I too have been complimented several times on BB.

Default Re: How many sprays is over doing it when wearing Bvlgari Black?? when is enough enough?

Wore this one yesterday as my SOTD and don't think there's too much difference between 1 to 6 sprays. Lovely scent.

I think it would be hard to put on too much of this!

I tend to spray about 3 times as I notice it stays very close to my skin as well and hope to get a little bit of projection off it by spraying more.. Although more dose not seem to help to much honestly with projection and just makes it more intense.

I agree that sillage is weak. In the case of Bulgari Black, I believe this to be a good thing. For me, 2 or 3 sprays is adequate if well placed.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

BINGO

Please be careful with this fragrance. I'll be honest and say I can't stand it. To add reasoning, I took a summer school course last summer that was placed mid-day and it was very hot outside (Arizona) and for the class lecture their was a guy who always wore this fragrance and everybody in the room hated it. Some people were getting so sick they stopped coming to class. For this reason, I would say it's probably a better idea to keep this out of a public setting. I was very surprised how much people disliked it. I would actually wait in the hallway to see where he'd sit and then I'd sit on the other side of the room. I could STILL smell it.

Quote Originally Posted by BINGO View Post
    Please be careful with this fragrance. I'll be honest and say I can't stand it. To add reasoning, I took a summer school course last summer that was placed mid-day and it was very hot outside (Arizona) and for the class lecture their was a guy who always wore this fragrance and everybody in the room hated it. Some people were getting so sick they stopped coming to class. For this reason, I would say it's probably a better idea to keep this out of a public setting. I was very surprised how much people disliked it. I would actually wait in the hallway to see where he'd sit and then I'd sit on the other side of the room. I could STILL smell it.
    Its not really meant for very hot weather IMO.
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

Quote Originally Posted by Merbert View Post
    I agree that sillage is weak. In the case of Bulgari Black, I believe this to be a good thing. For me, 2 or 3 sprays is adequate if well placed.
    For this reason, I would say it's probably a better idea to keep this out of a public setting
    To the OP, there's your answer. ^

This is a beautiful scent when you experience it intermittently on your partner's neck in an intimate situation.
    You do NOT want it to have a sillage.

4 sprays for me is perfect.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by BINGO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Celsius32 View Post

This is a beautiful scent when you experience it intermittently on your partner's neck in an intimate situation.
    Wear it wherever/whenever you want to.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

You should keep a parakeet around like the miners use to....as soon as the bird keels over, you've put on too much.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius32 View Post

Ah yes. That is how this should be worn. Just my two pennyworth, but please bear in mind I'm a woman!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

I'm with the not too much crowd. Too much and it becomes a cloying vanilla bomb on me. The leather the rubber peek out more with a lighter (3 spray) application.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Lighter is better - 2 big sprays or 3 little spritzes - more than this is too much and changes the fragrances all important "silent velvet hammer" effect of the softness of the scent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    You should keep a parakeet around like the miners use to....as soon as the bird keels over, you've put on too much.
    ...or even a parrot...

AAAWK! WHATCHA WEARIN' BIG BOY. AAAAWK!