Code of Conduct

Default Which is your favourite Coty perfume?

A 0.5 oz bottle of Imprevu is due to arrive, and I'm wondering whether this house produces nice fragrances.

Please share!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which is your favourite Coty perfume?

Well, I love Muguet des Bois, but it has been reformulated-- as well as many other oldies. Is your bottle of Imprevu vintage, or current?

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Well, I love Muguet des Bois, but it has been reformulated-- as well as many other oldies. Is your bottle of Imprevu vintage, or current?
    I can't tell...can you help me out?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260656751493

Blog Entries

Well it says vintage right on the auction-- congrats! Do tell us what it's like when you get it!

I have a few 1970s bottles of Emeraude, L'Aimant and L'Origan colognes but I do not care to wear them. I was just curious about them and they were at the local Goodwill store, so for $4.99 I figured I couldn't go too wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Well it says vintage right on the auction-- congrats! Do tell us what it's like when you get it!

I have a few 1970s bottles of Emeraude, L'Aimant and L'Origan colognes but I do not care to wear them. I was just curious about them and they were at the local Goodwill store, so for $4.99 I figured I couldn't go too wrong.
    Well, the bottle looks a bit too 80s to me...(it's at times like this that I wished I have a perfume reference book)

Why don't you wear them? Or you prefer smelling them from the bottle?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domperrier View Post
    Why don't you wear them? Or you prefer smelling them from the bottle?

I think they're just not "me." I bought them from curiosity. I may try wearing them, or may pass them along....

I wore as a teenager and still do Coty Wild Musk, but it has to be the oil version.
    DONNA

I have a vintage bottle of L'Aimant that I wear quite a bit - soft, smooth and powdery aldehydic floral, along the same lines as N5, but warmer, rounder and friendlier. Very curious about vintage Emeraude and L'Origan, too.

N5 IS rather distant & aloof, isn't it?

Sparkly, but detached nonetheless...

domperrier, yes, I definitely find it so! I think it unbends in very cold, snowy weather, though, and becomes almost cuddly - still cold to the touch, but soft and sort of warming.

A contemporary Coty that is a fun everyday scent is Stetson.

Basenotes Plus

My favorite would have to be Emeraude, because my mom used to wear it and it smelled wonderful on her. I've tried it and it's just not the same on me. The only Coty in my wardrobe at the moment is Vanilla Fields, which is nice if you don't over spray. I do remember liking Truly Lace, but never owned a bottle.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

I second the Emeraude, I think I read that it is one of the precursors to Shalimar. Wild musk is good too and the vintage Miguet.

L'origin pure perume.

Another voice for Emeraude,Wild Musk and Vanilla Fields.I wore these relentlessly as a teenager!

I have Coty Wild Musk oil, too, but I rarely wear it. It's more of a nostalgia item for me. Somebody sent me some vintage L'Origan to try years ago, but I coudn't appreciate it. Later, when I smelled Mitsouko, I saw a similarity between them, but L'Origan just seemed strange and medicinal to me. I find Emeraude in its current form unwearable, but I remember liking it a zillion years ago. I've never tried L'Aimant, and I probably will at some point out of curiosity. I went through a phase with Vanilla Fields one summer. I really enjoyed that one. I go through phases of enjoying drugstore cheapies, which is where most Cotys are relegated to today, sadly. The classic Coty scents (that I've tried) seem shamefully degraded. I wonder if they could ever bring Emeraude back to beauty again. I suppose Coty's celebuscents are its bread and butter these days. We all must change or die.

I am quite a fan of Chypre and only have a little left of a very old and well-preserved bottle to ration. It is deep, dark, primordial, with a lovely bitter edge that stays close to the skin. The sillage is as complex, but sweeter. In addition, I have a case of the original Chypre hair tonic which is quite lovely. Running a close second is my 1940s-era L'Origan. I love the way that it unfolds over a very long time, with beautiful transitions from one phase to another.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

Banned

L'Origan and Vanilla Fields.

Wild Musk and "Sand &Samples" Coty 's Dark Vanilla is very nice ,too!

ps
    I 'd like to try Chypre by Coty so much ..but i couldn't found anywhere !!
    Last edited by sophi; 8th September 2010 at 07:20 AM.
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

sophi, so would I. That seems to be one of those roads that only lead to heartbreak, though...

Oh yes, Sand & Sable (I forgot)! That one is pretty. I'd like to get a sniff of Chypre someday, too, Sophi. But it's so built up in my mind by now that I'd probably be disappointed if I did. Maybe some fragrances are better left as fantasies, or potentialities (?).

Oh,I forgot Sand and Sable!I went through several bottles of it back in the day!I haven't sniffed it recently,but it used to smell so much more expensive than it was.

Blog Entries

I agree that Sand & Sable is worth trying! I picked up a little bottle of this after Christmas at WalMart for $3. Can't argue with that.

While cleaning out my late mothers basement (finally) I stumbled across 4 roll on fragrances; emeraude, nuance,wild musk and l'aimant funny I remember these from the very early eighties on her dresser then they disappeared. They still smell good after all these years in the dark basement. My favorite for a long time was april fields.
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Wild Musk Oil. Definitely. I like to wear it in the evening, when I switch out of work clothes into something cosy.

Coty chypre is very lovely but I suppose it depends on what you are expecting. It is an old fashioned, soft, gentle, green sort of smell, nothing blasting or ravingly obvious. I sent my fave Emeraude as one of the pass the parcel game perfumes and the next person found that one disappointing, but I love it to bits... It depends what they do on each persons skin I suppose.