Code of Conduct

Default Combining bvlgari black and la male.. perfect combo!

[B]LE MALE THAT IS... Ok so everyone here knows that BB has really weak projection but smells awesome up close. SO, I was thinking.. what if I was to spray the BB on each side of my neck, more torwards the front, then one spray on upper chest and one more spray for the wrists. THEN, apply ONE spray of le male somewhere in between the shoulder blades or a little higher but low enough for the shirt to cover it. SO I'm thinking maybe the le male will sneak out here and there and catch some attention and when approached the bvlgari will take over!? Or do you think it'll just be one big mess with le male overpowering BB up close also? I chose le male but maybe even that new de la fleur that smells like baby powder would work?

Or is this a dumb idea? Lol

Default Re: Combining bvlgari black and la male.. perfect combo!

I have both of these, so I'll see how this experiment goes.

Hmm ... sounds like the kind of thing that might (might!) work in theory, but could be disastrous in real life. It's difficult if not impossible to predict how fragrances will "behave". We're talking perfume here, not puppies.

I like Black and Le Male, but I'm not sure what they would smell like mixed together. I also like both scotch and tequila, but I don't want to think about what a cocktail full of both might taste like either.

Maybe experiment at home with a trusted friend or two to give you honest feedback before you try this at work?

My guess is that you will only smell Le male.

Sur la Plage

It seems like a shame to ruin Bulgari Black like that.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    It seems like a shame to ruin Bulgari Black like that.
    I think a better experiment would be to sell your Le Male for whatever you can get for it and buy another bottle of Bulgari Black.

I love bvlgari black. But I never get any compliments unless they are two inches away from my neck. Which I've had a lot of an hour or so after meeting someone when I go out.. but I just wish it could project some!

Quote Originally Posted by calero View Post
    I have both of these, so I'll see how this experiment goes.
    Can't wait to hear your thoughts after the experiment! I would try it but i don't own le male, but there's 5ml on the way!

I usually avoid any sort of layering but I actually quite like this one. I might give it a shot.

I was thinking about something like Tea for Two and Bvlgari Black for the shared smokey tea notes...
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    I usually avoid any sort of layering but I actually quite like this one. I might give it a shot.

I was thinking about something like Tea for Two and Bvlgari Black for the shared smokey tea notes...
    Tea for Two is also close to the skin though which is disappointing.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM