Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Re: Newbie needs help finding a skin scent

unless you want to use some crazy chemicals (laundry soap), just wait...it happens.

Le Labo Ambrette 9 might be worth a try.

It has faded into almost non existence, but it now smells nice. Yippy I dont feel like I have to throw up anymore. Im also regaining my since of smell back. For a while, it seemed as though that was all I could smell and everything else had no scent.

ChickenFreak I was totally going to buy it two years ago (not just sample), until I saw reviews. I first saw it in a magazine article while waiting at the dentist. Maybe, I shouldnt totally rely on reviews. Those who have reviewed it complained that it barely had a scent. I didnt think my nose would pick up on those faint notes and it would have been a waste.

Sometimes I just wish there was an easier way to have access to these fragrances besides waiting for them to come in the mail. Like in the past I wanted to try all those baby colognes from l'occtane, jacadi, kaloo and baby lotion from noodle and boo. Either they dont have many reviews or people say they smell good with out explaining why. For example, Kiss my face deodorant has a scent in patchouli. Everyone says it smells great, but dont say why or what it smells like. I was going to order it until I sampled patchouli the other day. Im glad Im not wearing that in my pits.

I just need to get use to sampling stuff. Im starting all over ( not that I really ever made any progress in the past). I keep finding that Im more sensitive to stuff now days.I will mention that about 4 years ago (highschool), I really couldnt smell anything. Up until the last 2 years have i gained any sense of smell. Its a whole new world. I find that I dont like a lot of stuff. I dont even really know what that stuff is though. Besides coconut which Im not sure about anymore and fruity escada summer editions, I have no clue what I like either.

Well, keep bringing on the suggestions. I want to try all my options.

Hi, Dany06!

Lots of good suggestions made here, but may I suggest you also post this topic in the Female Fragrance Discussion forum? I think you'll get some fresh ideas from the sweet-smellin' ladies who read and post there. :-)