Code of Conduct

Smile Help choosing a fragrance for University in the winter

Hi

I'm heading off to University in a few weeks in a pretty cold place, and I need a new frag for the autumn/winter. I have a couple of decent ones such as Dior Homme (which I really like, but wore while I was ill so now associate with being sick).

I've tried most designer fragrances out there and I haven't really found anything apart from M7 and Le Male (which is too common for me) which I've loved. I'm not a fan of the Mugler or Chanel ones to be honest. Prada ones are nice, so are Dipthyque.

Anyway, I'm planning to go to a niche shop in London which sells lines like Amouage, Creed, Andy Tauer, LesNez, Etat Libre d'Orange, Caron etc.

Things I'm interested in trying: Passage d'Enfer, Let me play the Lion, Reflection, Lyric, Epic, some Creeds.

I like incense and woods quite a lot, so I'm also quite interested in CdG (I've tried most of them).

So could anyone make any suggestions? My current collection isn't huge (you can check out my wardrobe) so I'm willing to spend quite a lot of money.

Thanks

Default Re: Help choosing a fragrance for University in the winter

ahh i'm having the same problem! i've just come back from sampling.

try possible ysl l'homme, lacoste pour homme, armani code, d&g the one.

is the shop you're going to in london 'les senteurs' by any chance?

Yes it is!

i was planning on going there as well! when are you going?

Some time this week, maybe even tomorrow

Body Kouros
    Jubilation XXV
    Musc Ravageur

Profumum Olibanum
    Frapin Passion Boisee
    Creed Himalaya
    Hermes Equipage

-I find most of the scents from Amouage to bee to rich, heavy, loud, and luxurious for university use. Maby Reflection will fit, but If you`r looking for a fragrance that can make you sick and give you a terrible headache, I think Reflection is the one for you!

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Body Kouros
    Jubilation XXV
    Musc Ravageur
    Thanks. I'll give BK another go, can't really remember it. I've been wanting to try Musc Ravageur for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Profumum Olibanum
    Frapin Passion Boisee
    Creed Himalaya
    Hermes Equipage

-I find most of the scents from Amouage to bee to rich, heavy, loud, and luxurious for university use. Maby Reflection will fit, but If you`r looking for a fragrance that can make you sick and give you a terrible headache, I think Reflection is the one for you!
    Thanks for the advice. You're right Amouage probably ain't right, I might just get some samples as I've been meaning to test them for ages. Creed Himalaya sounds good though, thanks!

Musc Ravageur would keep you interested if you happen to sit in a boring 2 hour lecture!

Quote Originally Posted by jlouismi View Post
    Musc Ravageur would keep you interested if you happen to sit in a boring 2 hour lecture!
    It's likely

Diptyque Eau Lente may be worth a try - not mentioned very often but quite unique and adaptable.

Creed GIT or Original Vetiver (my son is at university and sometimes borrows these).

If les Senteurs have the new Amouage Memoir Man it may be worth a shot - frankincense, woods in there somewhere. Failing that at least try Epic / Lyric / Silver. If they have a sample bottle (unlikely) ask if you can sniff the Amouage Santal Attar - this may be the closest you ever come to real Mysore Sandalwood . . .

Reflection is also a nice one - not everybody gets headaches from it

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Diptyque Eau Lente may be worth a try - not mentioned very often but quite unique and adaptable.

Creed GIT or Original Vetiver (my son is at university and sometimes borrows these).

If les Senteurs have the new Amouage Memoir Man it may be worth a shot - frankincense, woods in there somewhere. Failing that at least try Epic / Lyric / Silver. If they have a sample bottle (unlikely) ask if you can sniff the Amouage Santal Attar - this may be the closest you ever come to real Mysore Sandalwood . . .

Reflection is also a nice one - not everybody gets headaches from it
    Thanks for the tip