Code of Conduct

Default Local stores in Australia for GIT?

Hi I've been reading a lot of posts about GIT by Creed and can't wait to sample it. The problem is I can't seem to find somewhere local I can smell this! Anyone know where I can get a hold of GIT in Aust? Also, Tom Ford too (but I think I'm just dreaming this one considering the price tag )

Default Re: Local stores in Australia for GIT?

Sniffa: Elizabeth K in Double Bay, if you're in the Sydney area. I bought my first Creed there (GIT).

http://www.creedperfume.com.au/

But, she's expensive: you'll be paying full retail. I use FragranceX.com because they're the cheapest online and they have free shipping. I've used them many times, including several Creeds. I'm waiting on a order for Orange Spice and Acier Aluminium and according to the tracking (yes, you even get tracking for the free postage!) it's just cleared customs in Sydney and might arrive today!

Thanks! Actually its Brisbane.

Tom Ford is in several of the bigger David Jones stores in Melbourne - doesn't the main Brisbane store have it?

Oddly enough, some years back I bought three 125ml bottles of GIT from a Queensland internet store's closing down sale. Cost was A$83 per bottle. Not as cheap as some of my later niche purchases at a Melbourne store's closing down sale, but pretty good all the same.
    Renato

I bought about 6 or 7 sample vials for ~ $20 AUD on ebay 4 or 5 months ago from US seller 'allshewants.' So thats another option if you want to sample properly...
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Harrolds at Martin Place sells Creed.

Full retail price as well and you have to ask the SA to spray for you on paper i.e. you can't hold the bottle and spray whatever the hell you want.

Found it! Found it! Libertine has them, but the price.. omg $240 for 75ml. I'm tempted to just get one, but $158 all up from FragranceNet shipped to Australia.

What do you reckon? It's $82 savings if I buy online!

Is there a chance I will get a 'spoiled' one from FragranceNet (ie. old, fake, etc)?

It's A$168 plus postage from Strawberrynet this month.

I once placed an order with Fragrancenet, and after a while, they cancelled it and refunded my money without any explanation, thus costing me money on overeseas transaction fees.
    I've never dealt with them since.
    Renato

Thanks everyone for the input. So far from what I've read on the forum, the reliable (authentic) e-tailers for GIT are StrawberryNet and FragranceNet. Which one of the two should I buy GIT from, it's doing my head in.

Though FragranceNet price is incredibly cheap for 110ml which is actually cheaper than 75ml bottle from StrawberryNet. Just doesn't make sense to me since if it's too good to be true it probably is?

Edit: Also with people complaining about the juice not smelling so fresh and hasn't got that sparkling smell every seem to love. How do I make sure I get the good one?

Went to Libertine yesterday and tried on their sample. Funny enough, I didn't smell the citrus at all, it still smells nice but was more like expensive soap spray.
    Last edited by Sniffa; 28th August 2010 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    Thanks everyone for the input. So far from what I've read on the forum, the reliable (authentic) e-tailers for GIT are StrawberryNet and FragranceNet. Which one of the two should I buy GIT from, it's doing my head in.

Though FragranceNet price is incredibly cheap for 110ml which is actually cheaper than 75ml bottle from StrawberryNet. Just doesn't make sense to me since if it's too good to be true it probably is?
    Fragrancenet's packaging is horrendous. They'd just toss in that GIT bottle in a shred of paper and dump it in the box and ship it out to you. Despite that, most likely your bottle will survive. If it were a big 8.4oz flacon, I'd then be worried a lot more.
    If you use some discount code on Fragrancenet you can even get it cheaper. I saw a few days ago that they had a 15% discount code that was active. Not sure if it is still good. What a pity that they stopped using 'Basenotes' as a discount code.

You'd get a legit product from them. As for it's freshness, no one can ever tell how new or old the stock is because there is no convincing theory to interpret it from the numbers printed on the box/bottle.

Thanks Gupts, so you're also saying that there's no real sure way to find a place that sells newer bottles of GIT than other stores? Would be good to get something fresh, like 2007+ bottle of GIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    Thanks Gupts, so you're also saying that there's no real sure way to find a place that sells newer bottles of GIT than other stores? Would be good to get something fresh, like 2007+ bottle of GIT.
    mate....just let go of this freshness clause and go for it....The only place you can perhaps test a fresh bottle would be at an authorised Creed seller & there aren't very many here....Besides I would assume that Creed doesn't sell a lot in Australia and even their stock isn't terribly fast moving....

Like I said previously, everyone tends to make read those numbers and make their own conclusions if the last two digits indeed refer to the date of manufacture...There is no validity to this conclusion, at least not in my eyes....The best theory put forward was by an esteemed basenoter who seemed to have heard it from the horse's mouth that the last two digits refer to the year of the ingredients are harvested that have been used to make the fragrance in that bottle.

Thanks for the info Gupts, this is my first purchase online so I was a little nervous. I did bite the bullet and placed an order for 4oz bottle GIT on FragranceNet last night. Will let everyone know when it arrives, though I have no idea when as there's no tracking number and order status page hasn't been updated since.

I think I got it in the mail today, checked my mailbox and there's a slip from the post office. Will take pictures and upload for all to see