Code of Conduct

Default Is it worth buying Musc Ravageur if i already have.....

Very rarely in the UK do we get a sustained period of heat, its mostly cool, rainy weather here in London, which i guess is half the reason i love 'cold weather scents', but since i already own Tobacco Vanille, Ambre Narguille, Pure Malt and New Haarlem, is it really necessary to get Musc Ravageur? I like it, i wouldn't put it above the 4 mentioned above, but for someone who isn't a real collector of fragrances i dont want to waste my money, although it would be nice to smell it every once and again..... help!

Default Re: Is it worth buying Musc Ravageur if i already have.....

yes it smells terrific
    Bottles for Swap:

Givenchy Pour Homme 1.7oz(97% full)
    CK Obsession Night 1.7oz(97% full)
    Cerruti 1881 1.7oz(50% full)
    Un Jardin Sur De Nil(95% full)

Looking for:

Chanel Allure Sport
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Polo Blue
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    Dolce and Gabbana The One

Sur la Plage

Just get a decant of it - or one of the Malle small travel sprays.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Just get a decant of it - or one of the Malle small travel sprays.
    Good Idea

Quote Originally Posted by jlouismi View Post
    ......., although it would be nice to smell it every once and again..... help!
    there's the answer.....get it.

It`s a fantastic scent. A bit similar to New Haarlem, but much better.

You could get a few samples which are three pounds per sample from Les Senteurs in London. As it is a very potent scent one to two sprays is all you need and you will be able to enjoy the scent without spending a lot of money on a full bottle. Only get it if you enjoy the fragrance more than the others in your collection.

It's a great scent. IMO I'd get it.

It is different enough to co-exist. Even so a nice decant wil last a while and is much cheaper.

It's very different than those you mentioned. It's just Vanilla, Musk, with a little Amber and little tangerine. Not much more than I can personally detect, but boy is it well done. The problem with Musc Ravageur is it's too expensive, even decants of it, of all brands I can not seem to find a good deal on Frederic Malle's despite their popularity. If you love it, you definitley have a place in your wardrobe for it, if you just like it, get a decant. The official 10ml goes for $40 to $60.
    Last edited by Ekove; 7th September 2010 at 05:53 PM.

To stay sane and without huge hole in wallet buy only fragrances that you LOVE not fragrances that you just LIKE. Otherwise you will end with hundreds of fragrances that you wont use or... get decants of things that you like and maybe when you experience them more you will find out that they are bottle worthy or you will be glad that you didnt waste money on full bottle.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    To stay sane and without huge hole in wallet buy only fragrances that you LOVE not fragrances that you just LIKE. Otherwise you will end with hundreds of fragrances that you wont use or...
    And what's wrong with that?
    Kidding, you have your point.

Well, why not mark every day you really crave it in the calender and once you have reached the number of say 10, you know you want it often enough to justifie the purchase...
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    You could get a few samples which are three pounds per sample from Les Senteurs in London. As it is a very potent scent one to two sprays is all you need and you will be able to enjoy the scent without spending a lot of money on a full bottle. Only get it if you enjoy the fragrance more than the others in your collection.
    Agreed. Contact Les Senteurs. Very good service. I bought my Musc Ravageur from them, and received many samples for free. There was also a hand-wrote note in the package, with "congratulations with my new fragrance" writen on it.

I like it, i wouldn't put it above the 4 mentioned above
    Based on that, I would advise you to get a decant.

Decant it is, i think im going to look for one of the 10ml on ebay.... thanks guys, can always count on the BNotes community!

I'm with Dreamer. If you absolutely love it, then get a decant or an actual bottle. I've been feeling it out for about 2 weeks now from the 1 ml sample vial that I have. I gave it one full wearing and realized that I may have to do full wearings before I can get a most accurate feel of a fragrance. The wrist alone doesn't cut it. But after the full wearing, I still felt that it was a little dense. It is nice, but it feels like a light version of Tauer Lddm. I couldn't help but feel like they were quite similar, except that MR was just so much lighter. If I were you, I would try Lddm, which is about the same price.

I have a 2.5ml sample of it but I'm scared to use it because I'm not sure what the best temperature to wear it on or how many sprays. I have no idea what it smells like. I'm new to all this. I'm in texas

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    And what's wrong with that?
    Kidding, you have your point.

Well, why not mark every day you really crave it in the calender and once you have reached the number of say 10, you know you want it often enough to justifie the purchase...
    There is nothing wrong with it as long as you are rich and won't miss thousands of $ spent on fragrances . I'd be collector myself if I had enough money for it. But right now, I feel that 13 fragrances I have are more then I can use in next 10 years and I could live easy with just 3 of them and spent my money better.

IMHO "Fragrance addiction" is about having new experience with fragrances, and you can have enough experience with any fragrance with just 0.3 oz (10ml) decant.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Popo, just one or two sprays is all you need. I wore it once during a Texas summer day, and it really was overpowering, but it's starting to get cooler now, and you should be OK.