Code of Conduct

Unhappy Did I get a fake bottle of Nasomatto Silver Musk?

A couple of weeks ago I fell in love with Silver Musk by Nasomatto. I had two small samples from Luckyscent. So I ordered a full bottle from a Swedish company, which I later realized was just a swedish "front" for Strawberrynet.com. Today the bottle arrived and I'm suspecting it's a fake!

1. The wooden top doesn't look like the picture on luckyscent.com, looks like a completly different type of wood.
    2. The topnotes smells really cheap and of lemon, don't get this note at all in my samples.
    3. The scent itself reminds of my samples, but it's a lot sharper and reminds me more of Bvlgari Pour Homme than my Silver Musk samples.

The bottle itself looks authentic (but not the top), so does the labels. The box looks kind of cheap, the plastic wrapping was partly glued to the box, you can see the glue residues on the box. Anyone else ordered a Nasomatto from Strawberrynet? Was it the real deal? I have got some good authentic stuff from Strawberrynet in the past, but this really makes me wonder...

Default Re: Did I get a fake bottle of Nasomatto Silver Musk?

I don't suspect anyone would go to the lengths of producing a fake Nasomatto. Well, the theory is that do they sell enough to tempt the fakers to produce counterfeits? I don't think so.

I can't explain the quality issues with the juice but the build quality of Nasomatto bottles is disgusting. They are leaky and quite disproportioned.

I don't think they sell fake products, and I agree with gupts. Could it be that you were given different impressions via spraying and applying methods?
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I also can't really see this line as being 'hot' enough for someone to pirate, nor strawberrynet risking their reputation by flogging them.

I have tried this one and can't speak to the differences you are encountering but it wouldn't be the first time I have heard of samples feeling different in character from the bottle.

There are enough variables between a sample (especially if it has been decanted by a third party) and a sealed bottle to give one pause. I have even noticed this with some blue chip lines getting official samples and the bottle in the same store - go figure.

The wooden tops are pretty hopeless, BTW.

Sorry to hear. I agree with what the previous posters said. I seriously doubt it's a fake.

I dont recall any lemon in Silver Musk, perhaps the juice has turned. Another possibility is that they may have switched the top on it with another Nasomatto. Have you compared the top you currrently have to the others from the house? I've bought a few Nassomattos (not from strawberry) and the all have leaked in transit. The bottles are all really cool looking but they really need to fix them. I would definitely contact StrawberryNet and initiate a return.

I guess it's not fake after all. The drydown was way better than the topnotes, it's not exactly as my samples, but now you can feel it's Silver Musk. My samples were pretty old and I did apply them from the sample vials by stroking that little plastic pin on my skin. I guess the method of application can affect a scent more than you think, at least in the initial stage. I did some googling and found pictures of Silver Musk with different type of wood tops:

This is what it looks like on Luckyscent:
    http://www.luckyscent.com/images/products/41003.jpg

And this is what I found on Google (this is also what mine looks like):
    http://www.essentialmall.com.au/imag..._1oz_86135.jpg

That's the power of great photographic lighting and some serious post-production work on those photos.

That's the bad thing about sampling sometimes. You try something, you fall in love, you keep thinking about it, you go to any lengths to acquire it. Then you get it and you're like BLEH! Happens to the best of us, and it's almost inevitable, our noses change as adapting to a new fragrance and it's not uncommon for our noses to reject it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    That's the bad thing about sampling sometimes. You try something, you fall in love, you keep thinking about it, you go to any lengths to acquire it. Then you get it and you're like BLEH! Happens to the best of us, and it's almost inevitable, our noses change as adapting to a new fragrance and it's not uncommon for our noses to reject it.
    I agree, have happened before. Luckily this wasn't one of those time - I'm still in love with Silver Musk but I don't care for the top notes I get in the full bottle vs my samples .

I've got a bottle of NSM. The wooden top did eventually become unglued from the metal cylinder that serves as the atomizer cap. Scentwise, there isn't even the tiniest hint of lemon, however. NSM is a very linear fragrance. The beginning smells a lot like the end. Perhaps there's been a reformulation? You can ask them:

info@nasomatto.com

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I've got a bottle of NSM. The wooden top did eventually become unglued from the metal cylinder that serves as the atomizer cap. Scentwise, there isn't even the tiniest hint of lemon, however. NSM is a very linear fragrance. The beginning smells a lot like the end. Perhaps there's been a reformulation? You can ask them:

info@nasomatto.com
    I have my misgivings if they will respond to any email.
    I wrote to them twice when I bought a bottle of DURO and it leaked in transit due to their faulty construction. However they didn't bother to even acknowledge the issue. HORRIBLE customer service. BOO.

I doubt it's a fake because Strawberry.net has a steady good reputation. I don't remmber any lemon in Silver Musk but the drydown does smell similar to the Bulgari PH musk drydown you mentioned. They both have that light silver musk/patchouli lightness at the base.