Code of Conduct

Default Two Questions about Lacoste Style in Play

Hey guys:

I just got done testing out Lacoste Style in Play (Red). I made two observations in my review that I'm not sure others smell. But I mentioned two things:

1. There appears to be a cinnamon note in this cologne. To me, the apple is not pure apple, but a spicy cinnamon apple. Most note pyramids fail to mention a cinnamon note, but a few do.

2. One of the top notes as listed on basenotes is Manzana Verde. My research indicates that this is a type of wild spanish apple that is also the name of a liquor made with these types of apples. So, I also get a hint of a liquor note as well. Nothing as potent as DKNY Red Delicious, but more along the lines of say, a wine cooler with a refreshing bubbly vibe to it.

I'm curious to hear if others get either the cinnamon or the boozy affect that I do.

Default Re: Two Questions about Lacoste Style in Play

terribly underrated frag from Lacoste. love this one.

dunno know about the notes as such...but the feel is like sipping a Bacardi Breezer, "strawberry+apple+lime" flavor

Your description reminds me much more of Carlos Santana for Men. That's definitely a boozy, cinnamon apple. Compared to Carlos, Style in Play is a juicy, watery red apple. Check out Carlos if that's what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    Your description reminds me much more of Carlos Santana for Men. That's definitely a boozy, cinnamon apple. Compared to Carlos, Style in Play is a juicy, watery red apple. Check out Carlos if that's what you're looking for.
    I've sampled Santana, have a bottle of DKNY Red Delicious, and Hugo Boss Bottled. Yeah, the Santana is a good one for sure.Didn't really pick up on the boozy quality in Santana like in Red Delicious though. The vanilla apple frags seem more potent to me as well. I think it's a bit more difficult to analyze Style since it is more of an aquatic and has weaker projection.