View Poll Results: Amouage Epic vs Creed Bois du Portugal

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amouage Epic

24 44.44%
  • Creed Bois du Portugal

30 55.56%

Default Amouage Epic vs Creed Bois du Portugal

-This one is quite difficult.. 2 fantastic scents. Spicy, woody, warm, "gentleman-y", luxurious stuff.. Which one do you prefer, and why? I think I will pick Epic with a small margin, because it`s a bit more modern and long lasting than the BDP. BDP is also great, but I can`t stop detect that "older gentleman" vibe when I smell it..

Default Re: Amouage Epic vs Creed Bois du Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    -This one is quite difficult.. 2 fantastic scents. Spicy, woody, warm, "gentleman-y", luxurious stuff.. Which one do you prefer, and why? I think I will pick Epic with a small margin, because it`s a bit more modern and long lasting than the BDP. BDP is also great, but I can`t stop detect that "older gentleman" vibe when I smell it..
    I wore BDP last night and I agree about the "older gentleman" vibe in the first 1.5 hrs of application. The drydown is heavenly, however. But it takes a while to get there.

Epic, for sure. As much as I dislike creeds, I admit like Bois du portugal, nice woody fragrance with a little bit of a sweet opening, but that's it. While Epic has amouage quality...that's all I got to say.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I wore BDP last night and I agree about the "older gentleman" vibe in the first 1.5 hrs of application. The drydown is heavenly, however. But it takes a while to get there.
    Have you got some compliments on it?

I would actually go with Epic because it's somewhat easier to wear to my nose. BDP feels heavy and exceedingly rich upon application, and it remains as such for the entire length of the drydown. Epic has a certain etheral quality to it despite its monster sillage, making it easy to wear even in the heat of the afternoon or for a night out.

Blog Entries

Love 'em both. I have BDP, but Epic is on my wish list. I agree that Epic is more modern, and that's important for me. It's a close call, but I'm going with Epic.

Epic without a doubt. BDP induces headache and nausea with me. Its lavender is too sharp and it does evoke an old man vibe. BDP is a fragrance that I can understand the appreciation for but can't understand the its following which seems fickle compared to others. Epic is satisfying in every way; olfactive smell, longevity, sillage, and otherwise.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I had to vote Epic as well, for many of the reasons listed above. It also seems to 'try less hard' and thus, actually smells more refined and cultured than the "Aren't you impressed by my sophistication?" BdP.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

To my nose, Epic has an accord that mimics lightly burned pencils in a pine forest. I'm working with my test sample and am enjoying it more with each use. However, BdP grabbed my enthusiasm immediately and I thought of it as Old Spice's rich younger brother. I love it. Obviously, my vote goes with Creed's Bois du Portugal.

I did not like Epic that much but I would go for BdP, and I rubb this in after I apply it so I get to the drydown quicker as the lavender top notes are a bit overwhelming.

Sur la Plage

Bois du Portugal is a far superior fragrance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Bois du Portugal is a far superior fragrance.
    How so?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

-This is close race.. I think nothing can compare with Epic when it comes to sillage and longevity. It`s ultra/mega! 1 spray, and I can still detect in on my skin 24 hours later.. As I said before, both are great, but in my mind I can easily see a grey-haired well-dressed concervative 60 year old gentleman wearing BDP. Epic is more challenging. A "head-turner". It`s sexier, in the same way that Michael for men and Jubilation XXV are. BDP is like a Mecedes Benz E-class, and Epic is like a BMW 535!

I have no choice. Epic

-Has B-D-P ever been aviable in 120ml and 250ml bottles?

-Has B-D-P ever been aviable in 120ml and 250ml bottles?
    I'm certain it was available in 250ml, and I'm fairly certain it wasn't ever available in 120ml. But it's so incredibly strong, 75ml is really a long way to finish.

BDP is like a Mecedes Benz E-class, and Epic is like a BMW 535!
    In benz metaphor:
    BDP is the trusty beige 1995 bulletproof long wheel base Benz S-600 V12 of a statesman
    Epic is the dark green non-bulletproof 2009 Benz G55 AMG of the Sultan's nephew.

Funny about the M-B S-600 references! My S-600-driving cousin has a beige one and is very refined in everything including fragrances.

Epic or BdP? I have no real idea as they're both fantastic! The dilemma: I like BdP better but by a nudge. However, the part about it that I like disappears more quickly than Epic which seems to have some kind of eternal blessing on its longevity. So, with push come to shove, it's BdP by a nudge.
    Last edited by Daryl J.; 3rd January 2011 at 05:10 AM.

Bois Du Portugal by far.

This was a great question - I'm really going to have to try Epic now. I like BdP a lot but my only complaint is it did seem a tad formal and not versatile as occasions to wear go. I could also see the argument for "older man" scent. It sounds liky Epic might improve on those quibbles

Well, after 4 mounth I have change my mind.. BDP is now my crystal clear favourite of the two! I realised that Epic was just to strong to handle..

I love BdP. It is one of my favorite fragrances and I'm thrilled to have found it since reading this forum. Although I like and wear Amouage Dia Man and XXV (I like Reflection Man also), there is a note in Epic Man that has the faint smell of poop on me. Thus, I have no interest in it.

Martin

BdP

Very diifcult, probably 2 of my top 3 (along with jub XXV). Agree Epic is more versatile, but it just has to be BdP for me.

I'm sure it's available as a 250 ml flacon on their UK website. Not as a 120 ml though.

I voted BdP, but I own both, and really find them different. I do however find Epic to be similar to Tabarome (millesime, not vintage), and of the two, I prefer Epic.

Dependent

BdP, please. I cannot stand Epic Man (and woman). Holy No thanks. Oh man, I must be a rare disliker of Epic... I cannot stomach all that incense and leather (Even though I enjoy Inscense and Leather, generally); If there is one Creed that I am keen to add to my wardrobe, it is BdP. It's eluded my purchasing for the longest time.

Epic by miles and miles. I can't get over that "old man vibe" from BdP. A woman chocked me out in the theater last week wear some old lady brine with the same irritating note that is in BdP. No thanks. I can't see why anyone would not perceive it as too mature. It may be a classic but its definately not young and modern. Epic is class all the way and as far as it being strong, its a good thing. One spray will achieve what 3-4 of others would which means it will last longer. Often people complain about the lack of longevity and sillage, when you find it in a fragrance, they complain about that too. Which would you rather have? Epic does borderline nuclear but in no way as bad as my Black Aoud with the extra 5% oil in which I just can't hardly ever wear. I might need to sell it.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I wouldn't even consider trying Epic once more, ever. Simply I don't want to smell like that.
    BdP is classy, and perhaps if I had had time the only occasion I could sample it, I would have enjoyed the drydown more guys praised.

So for me -neither.

Updated. Today I received a generous sample of BdP, and so I have had the time to the very dry-down. BdP is a really great scent, bottle-worthy hands down. Now I think that'll be my second Creed after GIT.
    Last edited by Sandy; 25th January 2011 at 06:56 PM.

Creed Bois du Portugal, rich, warm, mysterious scent