Code of Conduct

Thread: Joop questions.

Default Joop questions.

Hello Guys.
    Joop the original vs Joop Jump , vs Joop Go vs Joop Nightflight .

1.Rank them based on longevity .
    2.Rank them based on projection.
    3.Rank them based on smell .
    4.Rank them based on versatility.
    5.And tell me witch one is you favorite .

Thanks .

Default Re: Joop questions.

Don't have a favorite one as I honestly dislike them all equally. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Don't have a favorite one as I honestly dislike them all equally. Sorry.
    I could not agree more.

The only Joop I've found that I like is Nightflight (and I love it). I've also tried Joop Homme and Joop Go, but didn't care for either. (Homme smells like lipstick to me, and Go is ok in the fruity topnotes, but I don't like the sweet, syrupy base).

Nightflight is sharp, crisp, refreshing, and amazing though. (I like those early 90s fresh scents that were more sharp and less sweet).

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    The only Joop I've found that I like is Nightflight (and I love it). I've also tried Joop Homme and Joop Go, but didn't care for either. (Homme smells like lipstick to me, and Go is ok in the fruity topnotes, but I don't like the sweet, syrupy base).

Nightflight is sharp, crisp, refreshing, and amazing though. (I like those early 90s fresh scents that were more sharp and less sweet).
    I really want to try Nightflight, I heard its a good take on Davidoffs Cool Water with a bit of sweetness.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Quote Originally Posted by Martin L View Post
    Hello Guys.
    Joop the original vs Joop Jump , vs Joop Go vs Joop Nightflight .

1.Rank them based on longevity .
    2.Rank them based on projection.
    3.Rank them based on smell .
    4.Rank them based on versatility.
    5.And tell me witch one is you favorite .

Thanks .
    Joop Ph easily outlasts the other three by a factor of days. The other three all have good longevity, better than most other scents.
    Same story with projection, though I think Jump is ahead of the other two.
    Joop Ph has the best smell - providing you haven't smelled it so often worn ultra loud by others, that it now nauseates you.
    Joop Go I am extremely fond of, while I've never thought much of NightFlight, and I really don't like Jump much.
    Go and NightFlight would be the most versatile, while PH and Jump are more night time clubbing scents.

My favourite is a toss up between Joop PH and Joop Go, but my wife won't let me wear Joop PH near her any more (She's grown to dislike it with every wearing).

But my real favourite Joops are Joop Thrill and Joop Electric Heat (but my nephews hate Electric Heat for some reason). Other flankers like Joop Beach Clubbing, Joop Summer Temptation were lighter versions of Joop PH and were extremely good too. Joop Hot Contact I wasn't as thrilled with.
    Regards,
    Renato

P.S. Joop Ph is the only scent I know which leaves long lasting vapour trails down corridors where the wearer cannot be seen. It can be toned down by not spraying directly on the skin, but by spraying it in the air and walking through it.

Joop PH Aftershave Splash can be used as a lighter version cologne - however, it only lasts about two days.

Creed Original Santal is a lighter, shorter lasting and far more expensive version of Joop PH.
    Last edited by Renato; 27th September 2011 at 01:20 AM.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    I could not agree more.
    Totally agree!!!

I have not smelled any of the above.

Ahh - so much negativity towards the scent which started the sweet scent revolution for men.
    Renato

Still love Joop ph, but its too well known. Joop Nightflight is great stuff, still in the rotation.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Renato, loved your breakdown of the Joop fragrances.

"Joop PH Aftershave Splash can be used as a lighter version cologne - however, it only lasts about two days."

Classic.

I think I may blind buy some of the Joop! flankers (Summer temptation etc) if they come available for a good price. I didn't like Joop Jump or Go though.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

I don't get why JOOP! Homme gets the hate it does. It's a classic! You might not like it but it is a classic, it's the best bang for your buck fragrance, unique smell, addictive smell, it is an absolutely quality product. The only reason I can think of that you would hate it is it being oversprayed by teenagers hoping to get sex. Yes it might be considered too sweet but that's not enough to hate it, we all have fragrance likes and dislikes, for example I don't like Cartier Declaration Essence but I wouldn't say I hate it, I have no reason to, it just smells of B.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Renato, loved your breakdown of the Joop fragrances.

"Joop PH Aftershave Splash can be used as a lighter version cologne - however, it only lasts about two days."

Classic.

I think I may blind buy some of the Joop! flankers (Summer temptation etc) if they come available for a good price. I didn't like Joop Jump or Go though.
    Thanks.
    If you read my old article on Aftershave splash endurance, you'll see that I wore the Joop AS splash on my wrists through an hour or two of spa and sauna, and it was still hanging around afterwards (I gave up counting at the 14 hour mark).

I must admit I didn't like Go much from wrist testing, but after quite a few positive comments here from people who I know have similar tastes to mine, I gave it a better wearing, and then went and bought a bottle.
    Regards,
    Renato

I am morally obligated to post a link to this thread regarding the safety issues and danger inherent with Joop! Homme.

Joop! Homme Official Medical Warning
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I have tried just Jump and Nightflight and like them both. Jump is very sexy stuff but is probably geared toward younger crowd. Sillage is good on both (Jump probably having better because Nightflight projects only for first 2 hours)
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

i recently went out with some friends and one of them was wearing joop, and i was disgusted. The more i think about it, the more i feel, this is because i have become a fragrance snob.

I first tried Joop homme in the 90s and it was by far the most unique smell out there. I loved the opening, but the drydown was what had me hooked. in terms of longevity, projection and silage, it's a beast; and i used to get compliments galore. it's the best joop created.

i wouldn't touch it now, but that's because i am a snob and i feel it's out of date (i guess it would be like wearing von dutch clothes). It's a shame because i used to love joop, but now, i feel, it just doesn't have a classic feel to it, like a farenheit does.

I love joop jump. Its very nice refreshing fruity summery frag.

Recently tried splash to enjoy it as a fresh frag. Could replace my gio acqua.

I dont like them but original is probably worst one with that sweetness and monster longevity.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

I have Nightflight and Jump. They're similar in smell with Jump being a fruitier version of Nightflight. Nightflight is a beast for longevity and projection. Out of the two I prefer Nightflight. One of the better designer fragrances out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    I really want to try Nightflight, I heard its a good take on Davidoffs Cool Water with a bit of sweetness.
    It is!