Code of Conduct

Default What is your favorite lotion or shower gel inspired by a fragrance?

Greetings Everyone!

My favorites are:

Rochas Lui shower gel
    CdG 2 Man shower gel
    Lolita Lempicka au Masculin shower gel
    Last edited by Rosehavn; 8th September 2010 at 02:03 AM.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Default Re: What is your favorite lotion or shower gel inspired by a fragrance?

Wow! Nobody else uses shower gels and lotion?
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

The Fleur du Male shower gel is excellent. I like it better than the scent, actually.

I really enjoy the Reflection Man shower gel as well. It's surprisingly not that potent, but that is just fine by me as the scent itself is strong enough. It's nice to shower before bed with the gel on those nights I want to smell Reflection but don't want the strength of the EdP.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

B*Men, love it, so warm and earthy! I think it is masculine but oddly, I first caught a whiff of this great cologne on a lesbian chick I met in a bar mid-winter.

Gucci by Gucci shower gel is OK, D&G The One lotion is very nice, but my favorite is JPG's Le Male shower gel. As a cleanser, it is first rate and I love the smell of Le Male.

I hope to try Reflection Man shower gel some day. My Amouage 100 ml bottle likely won't last the winter.

Daryl, it's for sale at BeautyEncounter if you're interested. $55 for 10 ounces isn't a bad price.. it's as cheap or cheaper per ounce than most designer shower gels!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    My favorites are:........CdG 2 Man shower gel........
    I'll second this one. It completely permeates my home every time I use it, and its fragrance stays on my body all day, too!
    Other favorite shower gels:
    Patou 1000
    Opium Femme
    Eau des Merveilles
    And in the summertime, in an outdoor shower, I love Erolfa.

Sur la Plage

Cumming by Alan Cumming
    Prada Infusion d'Homme
    L'Occitane Vetyver
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I love shower gels! Just can get enough of them
    My favorite was m7 shower gel, which had a rooty aroma from the mandrake root. Delicious!
    I also enjoyed wearing Arpege Homme Shower Gel, Bvlgari Homme Soir and Duel.
    But my favorite of this moment is the almond one from the body shop. Is like taking a shower with cherry and honey sirup, and the shower gel leaves only a faint almond aroma on skin after bath.

Well I do find the Cool Water shower gel absolute trash.

L'Occitane Verveine - the lighter more citrus one - superb.
    Original Vetiver is great but dear.
    Terre d'Hermes is good.
    Yerbamate soap is great and lasts forever.
    Might track down that Reflection one . . .

Another really good shower gel that I have discovered is Dirty English by Juicy Couture. It is usually $10 or less at the online retailers for 200ml. It is a fun and sexy dirty leather and tobacco scent.

I love Infusion d'Homme Prada and Mugler Cologne shower gel. Which is like using soap, ok... Still, they are both incredibly fresh and they can easily be combined with pretty much any fragrance
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

I own these showergels: Himalaya, GIT, Egoiste, and Dia-soap set. The one with best quality is definitively Chanel Egoiste. It`s outstanding!

Anyone tried the Amouage shower/bath gels? Do they smell like their fragrances? It must be a very luxurious feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    Anyone tried the Amouage shower/bath gels? Do they smell like their fragrances? It must be a very luxurious feeling...
    I`ve tried Dia shower gel, and own the Dia soap-set (in a very luxurious presentation). Both are very good quality.

My favorites are:

Mugler Cologne Hair and Body Shower Gel
    Terre d'Hermes
    Encre Noire

The Encre Noire one is really special, but pretty expensive.

I wish they made an M7 Fresh shower gel.

Basenotes Institution

I have tried many of the above & love most of them.

The standout was Bandit shower gel - wow...who would have thought that a leather chypre would make such a great smell in hot shower, but it does. Highly recommended.

Kiehl's Pour Homme
    C.O. Bigelow Elixir White
    Bvlgari PH

Must give the Encre Noire a shot.

Regards,
    T

My Wardrobe:
    Yves St. Laurent Live Jazz
    Comme des Garcons Vettiveru
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Comme des Garcons 2 Man

Quote Originally Posted by TBoner View Post
    Kiehl's Pour Homme
    C.O. Bigelow Elixir White
    Bvlgari PH

Must give the Encre Noire a shot.

Regards,
    T
    I completely forgot about Kiehl's Pour Homme, which is awesomely manly and musky. Man, I need to order some of that now.

"I have tried many of the above & love most of them.
    The standout was Bandit shower gel - wow...who would have thought that a leather chypre would make such a great smell in hot shower, but it does. Highly recommended."

Oh yes, I want that! I have the Bandit moisturizer and it's great. Can't wear the perfume tho, way too aggressive for me.
    Speaking of Piquet, I have the shower get of Fracas but it is a disaster on me, all rotten flowers and poopy diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Speaking of Piquet, I have the shower get of Fracas but it is a disaster on me, all rotten flowers and poopy diapers.
    Not only does that description make me want to avoid like plague anything that says "Fracas" on the outside, it also has me considering never eating again.

Quote Originally Posted by T. Rex, Esq. View Post
    I completely forgot about Kiehl's Pour Homme, which is awesomely manly and musky. Man, I need to order some of that now.
    'Tis grand stuff indeed. Meanwhile, re-reading the thread, I see L'Occitane Vetyver, which I had inadvertently forgotten. All of the L'Occitane gels are very nice, but Vetyver is just perfect in both shower gel and bath soap form.

Regards,
    T

My Wardrobe:
    Yves St. Laurent Live Jazz
    Comme des Garcons Vettiveru
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Comme des Garcons 2 Man

Quote Originally Posted by TBoner View Post
    'Tis grand stuff indeed. Meanwhile, re-reading the thread, I see L'Occitane Vetyver, which I had inadvertently forgotten. All of the L'Occitane gels are very nice, but Vetyver is just perfect in both shower gel and bath soap form.

Regards,
    T
    The L'Occitane shower gels are nice, especially if you like more subtle fragranced gel. I find myself saying, "This smells great, if only it were stronger."

I love bathing in Lui shower gel. I...just...can't reach...there's a spot. Could I get a hand here, please?
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

I know a lot of you don't like Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise for Men, but if you do like it, the shower gel is very fragrant and tropical. It is a nice change from the spicy fragrance gels. Versace pour Homme gel is also good if you like that fun synthetic grape note. Haha!