Code of Conduct

Default Have you ever had a fragrance you really liked stolen from you?

Idk why its starting to piss me off again today, but my story:

Ive always been really interested in fragrances. The first one i bought was Le Male. I really liked it.i didnt think it was possible for there to be a better fragrance in the world then this. (keep in mind i didnt know anything about fragrance at the time). I kept it in the dashboard of my car. One morning when i walked over to my car, i saw my car door open, my dashboard open, and my Le Male nowhere to be found. I was so pissed and sad i couldnt even explain it. From that day on i really really started to pay attention to fragrances more. My collection went from 1(Le male) to know about 20. SO i guess you can call it a blessing in disguess.

Default Re: Have you ever had a fragrance you really liked stolen from you?

A blessing? Man, I wouldn't wish this obsession on anyone! lol In a few hours, I plan to drop about $160 on a fragrance. Ridiculous. But to answer your question, no. Never had a fragrance stolen.

Yes. It happened to me and it was one of the bitterest episodes I had ever lived. A person I had known back then for 13 years, who'd come to look after my place and pets every time I had to be away. He stole from me 28 valuable fragrances. Some of which were very very dear to my heart. Chamade parfum 15 ml was one of the smallest ones in the bunch he stole. The sense of betrayal was horrible.

I shared that horrible incident with Scentemental from this board and his correspondence consoled me big time at that time. He even shipped to me a replacent for the dearest perfume in that bunch, and that was for nothing--yes nothing in return. I miss Scentemental here.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Never. I agree with Scotland's motto on this: Nemo me impune lacessit — Latin for "No one wounds me unscathed."
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Yep. February of 2007, my father passed away and a whole lot of traffic from family and friends came through my house. I had three Creeds (Neroli Sauvage, Himalaya and GIT), Fahrenheit (a gift from my father), Polo Extreme Sport (another gift from my father), a bottle of Chanel Platinum Egoiste (already replaced) and Chanel Allure Homme, Opium for Men (gift from my mother) and a few others were all stolen during a rather trying time.

I've yet to replace my Neroli Sauvage - I had an extra 1oz tucked away in my travel bag - and even that got stolen on my last trip to Pittsburgh.

I've had others - Armani Emporio for instance - stolen many times in the past. But I know where all of those went.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Yep. February of 2007, my father passed away and a whole lot of traffic from family and friends came through my house. I had three Creeds (Neroli Sauvage, Himalaya and GIT), Fahrenheit (a gift from my father), Polo Extreme Sport (another gift from my father), a bottle of Chanel Platinum Egoiste (already replaced) and Chanel Allure Homme, Opium for Men (gift from my mother) and a few others were all stolen during a rather trying time.

I've yet to replace my Neroli Sauvage - I had an extra 1oz tucked away in my travel bag - and even that got stolen on my last trip to Pittsburgh.

I've had others - Armani Emporio for instance - stolen many times in the past. But I know where all of those went.
    shit man. im so sorry. thats a terrible story that people would do that in such a time. hope all is well now

Sur la Plage

Never.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hasn't happened to me but I'd be super pissed if it did. I remember when Tim (Youtube fragrance reviewer) posted a video a few months ago about that happening to him, some "friends" came over and a couple bottles went missing. He was really pissed off about that and I don't blame him. You don't mess with another man's cologne. Whoever does ought to be drawn and quartered.

I keep all my colognes in my closet, away from view, and I don't let anyone near them unaccompanied. Some people just can't be trusted and it's usually too late when you've realized that that's the case.

I've had a lot of them given to me. And I don't leave 'em in the car.

A person I had known back then for 13 years [...] He stole from me 28 valuable fragrances.
    Just OMG... If you can't trust people after 13 years, I'm just speechless
    I didn't know fragrances could be such a target for people who steal their "friends"...

fountain

never. but i happened to present a friend with some expensive pierre cardin ages ago, and he happily 'lost it' at his birthday party.

Never happened to me. People who come into someones home as ˝firends˝ and take things, make me utterly sick. I'd smite them grievously.

Yeah, know the feeling for sure. The babysitter's boyfriend is at the house while we were gone for a couple of hours. I start to notice that some of my colognes are unaccounted for when I get home, but it took some time to know which ones. At the very least, my Romance Silver, Banana Republic Slate, and Hugo Boss in Motion.

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    Never. I agree with Scotland's motto on this: Nemo me impune lacessit — Latin for "No one wounds me unscathed."
    LOL! That is the regimental motto of the 42nd Highland infantry, the Black Watch!

BTW, 'vengeance is mine, saith the Lord." LOL!

And payback, kharma, you know, is a ..........

I am a firm believer in "what goes around comes around."

Sad to hear about these betrayals. I also keep all my frags away where "casual guests" won't see them or try them.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I had a bottle of C&S Cuba stolen from me when my car got broken into a few years back...

Never had one stolen. People don't enter my room often, and my fragrances don't leave my room - except small decants.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    BTW, 'vengeance is mine, saith the Lord." LOL!

And payback, kharma, you know, is a ..........

I am a firm believer in "what goes around comes around."
    I think I'd help karma along a bit. Who wants to wait years for the spiritual to catch up with the physical? Not me, when my Creed has just been stolen!

1) Buy fake Creed.
    2) Empty fake Creed juice.
    3) Fill empty fake Creed bottle with ammonia
    4) Place fake ammonia Creed prominently in view
    5) Invite thief over for a beer
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Never had one stolen. People don't enter my room often, and my fragrances don't leave my room - except small decants.

I think I'd help karma along a bit. Who wants to wait years for the spiritual to catch up with the physical? Not me, when my Creed has just been stolen!

1) Buy fake Creed.
    2) Empty fake Creed juice.
    3) Fill empty fake Creed bottle with ammonia
    4) Place fake ammonia Creed prominently in view
    5) Invite thief over for a beer

ROFLMAO
    Sounds good to me
    Smellin good

Luckily, no. But there was a time when I considered insuring my frags, should this ever happen...

oops deleted. wanted to type it in a different thread.

Basenotes Plus

I can relate.
    I was sharing a very large house in Savannah. I noticed my bedroom door ajar one day & the bottle of Calandre had white juice in it, instead of clear. At the time, it was the only fragrance I owned (re:could afford). Turns out the housemates' young son had been in my room playing with the bottle. He dumped the fragrance & replaced it with soapy water. The parents took it as "boys will be boys" and never offered to replace it.
    I was heartbroken, especially as I had previously admired this couple. I left not long after this episode.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Never

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    I can relate.
    I was sharing a very large house in Savannah. I noticed my bedroom door ajar one day & the bottle of Calandre had white juice in it, instead of clear. At the time, it was the only fragrance I owned (re:could afford). Turns out the housemates' young son had been in my room playing with the bottle. He dumped the fragrance & replaced it with soapy water. The parents took it as "boys will be boys" and never offered to replace it.
    I was heartbroken, especially as I had previously admired this couple. I left not long after this episode.
    The parents should have offered to replace the perfume AND then made good on that offer--pure and simple. Parents (and dog parents) are responsible for the actions of their children. If a dog ruins a flower garden by digging up the neighbors' petunias, how would it look if you smiled and said, "Oh, dogs will be dogs. He was just having fun!" That is why I shake my head at parents like this. They really blew it on "a teaching moment" for their son in respecting people's property. (By the way, lack of parenting results in raising a little monster who makes your life miserable, which is the most fitting form of payback.) Heck, I know I would have had my hand slapped and told to apologise AND my parents would have ponied up for a bottle of perfume. (I am sure that if the shoe was on the other foot, they would have had a fit.)

Also, I have a relative who enjoys a nice female designer scent, and she had a "friend" douse herself with it every time she visited. Even when my niece HID the botten, this "friend" would dig for it in the vanity or elsewhere in the bathroom. So much for "friends." This is why I do not display my perfume collection unless it was under lock and key in a curio cabinet. Too easy for to people to grab and sample out of mindless curiosity...and they're not gonna to that to my precious, costly perfumes.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

A few months ago I had afew colognes stolen from me, one was Polo Explorer 75 ml (a brand new bottle), another was Hilfiger 1985 (a gift from a student I taught ), also a cheap bottle of Ulric de Varens Red and a 1oz bottle of Joop! Homme. In a weird twist of events, about a month after the theft I got a free 125ml bottle of Polo Explorer from an ebay seller who accidentally sent me a bottle and I was unable to post it back due to postal regulations.

My house was broken into in 1992 and I got completely cleaned out, including my bottle of Lagerfeld Photo which was my signature scent at the time. I replaced it within a couple of weeks, but any time I was out and smelled Photo on someone else, I would glare at them and wonder if they were the ones who burgled me.