Code of Conduct

Default Le Male or La Nuit?

I made a thread about how my le male was stolen and thats how i really got into fragrances.

i jusr recently purchased La Nuit from Nordstroms. 3.3 oz with deoderant for 75 bucks.

Its not that i dont LOVE it, but le males been on my mind alot lately, and i simply do not have the financial flexbility to make another purchase.

If you were me, would you keep the La Nuit, or return it to Nordstroms(i havent used enough to show its even been used) in exchange for Le Male

background information: my cousin just gave me a 3.3 of YSL L'homme. its not full. the juice is down to the top of the "L'homme" on the bottle.

i know i make alot of these threads asking u guys to help me make these kinda choices, but this one is a little more meaningful. its hard for me to explain why. but id really appreciate your guys' thoughts, suggestions, ect.

Default Re: Le Male or La Nuit?

Keep the La Nuit. It's much more versatile. Considering you already have Givenchy Pi (which is sweet enough), Le Male has the same sort of sweetness.

La Nuit, hands down, Much complex and enjoyable than Le Male. Body Kouros is a cheap alternative to Le Male by the way, just deeper and more masculine. It goes for $30 if I'm not wrong. Get over Le Male, it's a good fragrance, not a great one =)

Don't I remember you going off about Cubano Gold?...... ef Le Male... Cubano Gold is virtually identical but for $10.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Post Thanks / Like

I own both and love them. I cannot tell you wich one to chose. Whwn in doubt, afford both

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    Don't I remember you going off about Cubano Gold?...... ef Le Male... Cubano Gold is virtually identical but for $10.
    true man. very true.

i figured out what im going to do.

To be quite honest, im over Pi. I keep lying to myself telling myself that i like it, but im just over it.

i struck a deal with a friend to sell my Pi, 1.7 oz, 90 full for 35 bucks. Im gunna replace it with Le Male.

The simple truth is, and i didnt like admitting it because it was stolen from me and i wanted to act like it wasnt a big deal, is that i have never gotten more compliments with any other fragrance ive EVER encountered. literally, everytime i left the house, someone commented it on it. I get compliments on alot of colognes, but none as much as Le male.

So this is a win win. I replace Pi, a fragrance that i was not into anymore(just my opinion), with Le Male.

Also, the one thing i like about Le Male is that its one of the only fragrances i get alot of Sillage and longevity.

I find Le Male to be unique in it's construction but the major drawback for me wearing it is that every kid in town seems to have it. When that's not the case in your country, jonny, I wouldn't hesitate to get it (again). It is indeed one of THE favorites of women. I just think you have to be careful with applicaton, as you have said, it's sillage is way above average.
    Acqua di Giņ is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

yeah. i have huuuuge problems with sillage and longevity on my skin. so le male takes care of it. i know how to apply as well. i just do one on the neck, one on the chest.

i feel relieved that i solved this problem.

im selling Pi for 35, returning La Nuit for 75, Buying Le Male for 55, and i received L'Homme for FREE. And i discovered today that i actually enjoy L'Homme more then La Nuit in the first place.

So in comes Le Male, L'homme, and 55 bucks. out goes La Nuit and Pi.

i love this hobby lol

fountain

go for le male. listen to your heart.

Le Male is a classic. La Nuit is a pathetic, overly sweet and flat flanker of a fragrance that wasn't very good to begin with. The choice is easy.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Le Male is a classic. La Nuit is a pathetic, overly sweet and flat flanker of a fragrance that wasn't very good to begin with. The choice is easy.
    I love both, but there are many ppl on this site who'd say for Le Male exactly what you have said for La Nuit. Le Male is great to me, but La Nuit is also a recent discovery of mine and a very pleasant one. In comparison to Le Male, I find La Nuit to be a bit dark and refined, maybe even somewhat uptight, whilst Le Male is a lively, free, bright. Both are great juices. Le Male is older of course and can be considered a classic indeed.
    Last edited by Zgb; 10th September 2010 at 05:49 AM.

La Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    La Nuit, hands down, Much complex and enjoyable than Le Male. Body Kouros is a cheap alternative to Le Male by the way, just deeper and more masculine. It goes for $30 if I'm not wrong. Get over Le Male, it's a good fragrance, not a great one =)
    Ditto.

already made my choice. when it came down to it, i wasnt going to keep la nuit AND lhomme! and l'homme actually appealed to me more. la nuit smellled amazing on paper to me, and still amazing on my skin, but not as amazing as l'homme smelled on my skin.

so when it came down to it, i chose L'homme to replace La Nuit, and Le Male to replace Pi

I was going to say La Nuit but I see You made Your choice.....L'Homme is very nice.....Great choice.....Le Male for Pi.....That's a good choice also.....I would have probably kept Pi over Le Male but this is what makes life so interesting.....Great choices.....Enjoy!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I was going to say La Nuit but I see You made Your choice.....L'Homme is very nice.....Great choice.....Le Male for Pi.....That's a good choice also.....I would have probably kept Pi over Le Male but this is what makes life so interesting.....Great choices.....Enjoy!!!
    Gary
    haha yeah. i love L'Homme. If it had the projection and longevity of Le Male it might even be my number one. And Le Male over Pi for a few reasons. 1)Pi was just one of those scents that the more i wore it, the more i didnt like it. 2)Its my friends signature scent, and everytime i where it i just think of my friend. i dont wanna have that hahah and 3)my skin is terrible for projection and longevity, so Le male was made for me !

Post Thanks / Like

That was a fast two weeks...

I'd say La Nuit, partly because I dig its spices, but also because I'm so over Le Māle's powdery amber and nuclear vanilla I can't even express it. But you picked the one that speaks to you, so congrats!