Code of Conduct

Default For the people who love Creed, how much does the lack or projection/longevity bother you?

People say Creed usually lasts 3-4 hours and it sticks to the skin

I've been on the verge of buying a Creed for awhile now, but I cant imagine paying $150-$200 for a frag that doesnt last long and that has weak projection.

I dont need it to last 10 hours like Angel Men does, but 3-4 hrs is really weak, unless the 3-4 hours were really good hours..

GIT and MI I heard last 3-4 Hours and those are the ones that seem to get the best reviews
    Last edited by Krispy Kreme; 8th September 2010 at 07:30 AM.

Default Re: For the people who love Creed, how much does the lack or projection/longevity bother you?

I doubt all creeds last that short. The fresh/aquatics ones, maybe. Bois du Portugal lasts long enough for me. Would you please specify which creed you're talking about?

And no, none of the creeds is worth buying for $200 if it lasts that short, none of their fragrances are THAT good. But again, specify.

Default Re: For the people who love Creed, how much does the lack or projection/longevity bother you?

BdP and Original Santal last until the following morning. Big sillage on them as well.

They are very different. I have 5 Creed fragrances in my rotation;

Tabarome Millesime: Excellent longevity and projection. Last all day long.
    Himalaya: Quite good longevity (6-7 hours) Normal/poor projection.
    G-I-T: Good longevity (12 hours) Normal projection.
    Silver Mountain Water: Ok longevity, but poor projection
    Erolfa: Excellent longevity and projection. Last all day long.

-I use Himalaya and GIT showergel to make the scent project moore. It helps! Offcourse sometimes I wish the weakest scents from Creed could have the same strenght as Amouage..

Sur la Plage

All Creeds do not have the same projection/longevity. I am quite content with the ones I own.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

1st, krispy kreme, which creeds have you tested?

2nd, like others said, several from their house last forever, like OS and BdP. BdP literally leaves an imprint on whatever it touches that sticks there lightly for several months. Literally literally. If radiant longevity is your thing, go for a house like AMOUAGE or really any house which tends to favor heavy orientals. Bogart for one, while not the highest quality house, does not make a scent without nuclear joop/amen/lemale longevity, and bogart tends towards orientals. As a house, Creed tend to favor lighter profiles: citrus/floral/green/light wood. Their orientals imo are few and not great imo. But that's cool as I'm not big on huge orientals, and am a green/citrus fanatic, so the house suits me perfectly.

And I believe you answered the biggest point in your question with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy kreme
    unless the 3-4 hours were really good hours..

My list:

Fleurs de thé Rose Bulgarie, 12h longevity, moderate projection
    Santal Imperial, 12h longevity, weak to moderate projection
    Cuir de Russie, 8h longevity, moderate projection
    Fleur de Bulgarie, 16h longevtiy, moderate to high projection
    REL, BDP, Cypres Musc, Vintage Tabarome, Jasmin Imperatrice Eugeniem, Irisia, 24h longevity, big projection

Some others who I have tested like Aventus, GIT, don't have 3-4 hours but more like 12h longevity. Moderate sillage.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    All Creeds do not have the same projection/longevity. I am quite content with the ones I own.
    this.

I can finally attest I have a Creed that has legs,
    Aventus
    In terms of longevity for me about 6-8 hours, projection a bit less around 4-5 hours. I'm happy with that.

As long as the price doesn't make you eat less, go for it.

Otherwise, there are better fragrances on the market with monster longevity and sillage for a lower price.

I guess it depends. BdP and Vintage Tabarome last forever on me - fantastic longevity and sillage. Others I like - GIT, Green Valley have fair longevity on my skin, but I like them enough to keep them in my stable and reapply when needed. I recently discovered Santal Imperial, which I really like, but on my skin the longevity is terrible, so did not spring for a bottle.

Depends on the fragrance, and how it may interact with your skin chemistry.

Some of the Creeds that have longevity issues with a majority of people are Millesime Imperial, Silver Mountain Water, Erolfa, Virgin Island Water. A few years ago, when I was a newbie, I bought them blind, like a lot of newbies would do after it was the number one suggestion (think still is) as an entry level niche.

I was so dismayed by the lack of good longevity that I promptly sold all of them. Over the years however I have started to appreciate them for their good construction even though the longevity is still pathetic. I don't mind reapplying them. I have to admit that they smell FANTASTIC and if someone catches a whiff, which is usually shortly after application, it's bound to elicit compliments. These Creeds smell absolutely wonderful on fabric and last much longer on them than on skin.

Ofcourse if longevity is still a very important factor for you when choosing to buy a fragrance, it's best to stay away from these aforementioned Creeds. You can still however take them for a test run as you could be a amongst a handful of people who are happy with the longevity.

Some of the Creeds that have longevity issues with a majority of people are Millesime Imperial, Silver Mountain Water, Erolfa, Virgin Island Water. A few years ago, when I was a newbie, I bought them blind, like a lot of newbies would do after it was the number one suggestion (think still is) as an entry level niche.

I was so dismayed by the lack of good longevity that I promptly sold all of them. Over the years however I have started to appreciate them for their good construction even though the longevity is still pathetic. I don't mind reapplying them. I have to admit that they smell FANTASTIC and if someone catches a whiff, which is usually shortly after application, it's bound to elicit compliments. These Creeds smell absolutely wonderful on fabric and last much longer on them than on skin.

Ofcourse if longevity is still a very important factor for you when choosing to buy a fragrance, it's best to stay away from these aforementioned Creeds. You can still however take them for a test run as you could be a amongst a handful of people who are happy with the longevity.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

As another member said, Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare lasts at least 12 hours with moderate projection. Not only that, but I usually only use 1 spray of it-- 2 at most.

Hubby wears Original Santal and I can still smell it on him when he comes home from his 10-hour work day.

Only one I have issues with and gosh darn it, it's my favorite... Neroli Sauvage. It smells great, then it dies. Gladly it's under-appreciated and I might have found a cheap price for a 8.4oz flacon.

Krispy Kreme, you have to have to sample wear for yourself. Creed makes a huge variety of men's scents. They cannot be categorically classified as short lived with no projection.

And as with all frags, they can vary a bit from person to person. I see a comment in here about Aventus being long lasting while I find it isn't. I also see Virgin Island Water as having no longevity while on me it does.

I don't have this problem with any of the Creeds.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Krispy Kreme, you have to have to sample wear for yourself. Creed makes a huge variety of men's scents. They cannot be categorically classified as short lived with no projection.

And as with all frags, they can vary a bit from person to person. I see a comment in here about Aventus being long lasting while I find it isn't. I also see Virgin Island Water as having no longevity while on me it does.
    Agreed. Many people say Erolfa is short lived.. On my skin, it has excellent sillage and longevity!

The 3 Creeds I've owned- Royal Water, Virgin Island Water and Bois du Portugal- all had insufficient longevity and projection for the money. VIW is like heaven, I'd wear it all the time if I didn't have to constantly reapply. BdP, not surprisingly, outlasts the other two but still isn't what it should be for the price. It may be blasphemous to say, but I think the quality of Creed is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by blondex199667 View Post
    The 3 Creeds I've owned- Royal Water, Virgin Island Water and Bois du Portugal- all had insufficient longevity and projection for the money. VIW is like heaven, I'd wear it all the time if I didn't have to constantly reapply. BdP, not surprisingly, outlasts the other two but still isn't what it should be for the price. It may be blasphemous to say, but I think the quality of Creed is overrated.
    Very much so.

I own 6 Creeds: Neroli Savage, Himalaya, GIT, Tabarome, Erolfa, Imperial.

The shortest lasting is Neroli Savage, and even that lasts 3-4 hours. And it projects quite well.

I've been complimented 6+ hours after application on several Creeds.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

If you don't like them, then don't wear them. Simple really.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

MI doesn't have the greatest longevity on me, but my probable next purchase Silver Mountain Water on the other hand has great longevity. I could smell it as if I was wearing it even though it was in a closed sample vial in a plastic bag in my pocket.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Try Royal Delight, BdP, OS, & VT.

Bois du portugal is my favorite and that will last, royal english leather lasts, silver mountain stays on for a while, acier alumium, you have to try a lot of them. some are transparant but take into consideration that citrus and fresh colognes do not last as long as ones with stronger ingredients.

Sadly, a lot of people experience olfactory fatigue and just THINK a fragrance isn't lasting so long. With Creed, one of the reasons it's so popular is because of the quality and because of the type of ambergris they use. Ambergris is in the base of the majority of Creed fragrances, and I for one DEFINITELY notice it. Ambergris is used to slow down the absorption process. I try not to let olfactory fatigue get the best of me. GIT can last 12-20 hours on my skin easily. Will it project for those 12-20 hour? Probably not, but it's there.

Creed samples are widely available and in demand. It would pay to just get a little sample first, try it out on your skin, then make your decision.

It's funny because when I first started using GIT I thought the same thing. After wearing it a few times I realized I was very, very wrong. It's actually quite potent, and on my skin that's saying something. I'm a true believer in Creed's quality now. GIT goes on so well, lasts for many hours and is a compliment getter. I use an atomizer but almost don't need it, even after 8 hours. Compare with a lot of the BS that's out there, you'll see what I mean. Hey, if it's good enough for Clint, so much the better.

BTW when I tried MI, with one spray it was a knockout punch. I consider that great but wasn't a fan of the perfumey floral blend this one has.

Varies widely by each Creed fragrance. The ones that don't last as long have a tendency to be ephemeral delights. You generally know that going in, so I have no problem with Creed longevities -- or any fragrance longevities, for that matter. As stated above, if you don't like the idea that it might be short-lived, don't buy it, don't wear it.

It bothers me so much that I just ordered a new bottle of Erolfa...

Perhaps one day Creed will decide to improve the longevity of their popular fragrances. Off to daily moisturizing for me for now.