Code of Conduct

Default That was an intresting reaction

I decided I wanted to wear MI by Creed today since I still haven't gotten a bottle of Acqua Di Gio as an everyday scent. This was to a high school. I approached one of my friends and he said I smelled like his grandpa. I kinda just let that sink in. I concluded that either my bottle is worn down, fake (I can't seem to find the Serial Number on it, but the box had it and there's a sticker behind in the back of the bottle, almost at the bottom with some arab script that I think it's behind), or I just have bad skin chemistry. Has anyone ever had this reaction? Ever? But my friend is kind of an ass. Not sure if that means his opinion is just blunt truth or a rude comment.

Oh and am I the only one that thinks AdG smells feminine? Definitely comes off as such even though I enjoy it.

Default Re: That was an intresting reaction

When has a high school buddy ever been sincere about anything? You're asking guys who think Axe is the top of the scent mountain.

Your MI is real. Go ask some college age hottie for her opinion.

If your MI smells fantastic, then it's authentic and your buddy is just jealous and feels the need to put you down.

You've got to find your own path Mike357. At your age, your peer group wants to assert all different kinds of influence on you.
    You've got a small, but nice wardrobe there of scents few of them have probably ever heard of.

If you like MI, wear Mi. It's not a "grandpa" scent.

He was f#@king with you mayne.

Maybe his grandpa wears MI.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by Mike357 View Post
    But my friend is kind of an ass.
    There's your answer. Probably time to find new friends.

Um, wow. I can't say that I'm amazed that everyone thinks MI is fantastic and has never been confused for a grandpa scent and I do believe my bottle is real, without a doubt actually. I also appreciate the advice, but if your sitting next to your classmates, I don't think you want to choke them with something they don't like, however mild it may be.

But I did leave it in a bag in the heat once D=. I really doubt that affected it though so I guess my friend was just an ass =D. Not sure if that's something to rejoice about. But I'll claim it as a victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike357 View Post
    Um, wow. I can't say that I'm amazed that everyone thinks MI is fantastic and has never been confused for a grandpa scent and I do believe my bottle is real, without a doubt actually. I also appreciate the advice, but if your sitting next to your classmates, I don't think you want to choke them with something they don't like, however mild it may be.

But I did leave it in a bag in the heat once D=. I really doubt that affected it though so I guess my friend was just an ass =D. Not sure if that's something to rejoice about. But I'll claim it as a victory.
    Mike: The MI is fine.

Some people just don't like fragrance. Period. Classroom settings are particularly intense. Many people forced into a small space and ANY cologne will annoy some people. A comparable situation in business world is a long meeting. I work with some men who have a philosophy that no one should be able to smell your scent unless they are very, very close in your personal space. There are many people like that.

When you wear a scent in a classroom or meeting, it is an attack to these kinds of people. Regardless of the scent you are wearing, they think it is WAYYYYY too much. Also in your case you have to deal with all the jockeying of all the would be alpha males trying to dominate.