Code of Conduct

Default Anyone tried JPG Le Male Terrible?

Anyone had a chance to try JPG Le Male Terrible? Had a look on the review section and no reviews as of yet; I'm a big fan of the original Le Male.

Default Re: Anyone tried JPG Le Male Terrible?

I was attacked by an JPG sales-guy with a Terrible bottle last saturday. He asked whether I wanted to sample it and I declined, telling him I had just sprayed Dior Homme on my wrist. His response: spraying two generous spritzes of Terrible on my wrist and hand while saying "Trust me, this is better". WTF?

So, what I could detect in the perfume mess on my wrist? Less mint in the topnotes, but lots of tasty grapefruit mixed with cheap citrus toilet cleaner. The drydown seems to be be completely the same as the regular version. The grapefruit was nice, but that rim block note killed it for me.

less fresh than original Le Male...
    maybe I am wrong with the notes but the original in the drydown smells of lavander and Terrible - of vetiver..
    I think it was unnecessary flanker...it doesn't bring anything interesting or new
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Thanks guys, i'll probably go and sample this at the weekend or buy a sample on ebay. Does it have a stronger projection than the original? I'd also like to try Body Kouros.
    Current favourites:

1. YSL- La nuit de l'homme
    2. JPG- Le Male
    3. YSL- Body Kouros
    4. Hermes- Terre d'hermes

I bought a 9ml spray of Le Male Terrible at ebay and arrived yesterday. My impression is that Jean Paul Gaultier done again what he does the best, variations of the best sellers of his brand, Le Male and Classique. Le Male Terrible seems like they thought what would Le Male be in an alternative world. Is still le male, the main structure of mint, lavender and vanilla remains the same here. But altough the fragrance aura doesn't change, the finest details are different, and this one seems less sweet and minty, and more woody, spicy and slightly animalic. I couldn't detect the grapefruit opening, but the pink pepper is detectable on me and gives me a spicy, sweet, slightly fruity opening, that blends well with the mint and lavender. At the basenotes I detect a kind of vetiver that i have already smelled before on a fragrance, i think that i saw this one on le baiser du dragon edt, which is dry vetiver, but more more unidimensional, like the have focused only on the dry woody side of vetiver. The vanilla on the base balances the vetiver and this makes the fragrance less sweet without getting so woody too. I also detect something that seems like a slightly body odour musk aroma, but not a stinky one, more like a discreet body odour aroma. Some may seem this as nasty and others as sexy, and my impression is that this aroma fits well on the fragrance and gives a sexy aura. The longevity and sillage are great on this one too, i only sprayed a single spray on my arm and could still detect it after 4 hours on an intensity that was like i sprayed it that moment. And i could get constant whiffs of the aroma on me even with my arm far from my nose.
    If you like le male, this is an interesting version, although i don't know if it's worth a bottle if you already have the original one. If you hate le male, terrible will probably not change your mind.

fountain

i have. it's a warmer, sexier take on the original.

I was told it will not be available in the USA until spring 2011 - ? Why would you want to release a intense flanker in the spring???

Spot-on review, rickbr!!! I sampled it last night and really liked it. This morning I was greeted with the remainders of Terrible. Will have to retry it though in comparison with the original. Actually, somehow more 'civilised' or is it just a bit more grown-up, but yet a tad smoky and wicked? I have to make a confession why I wanted to try it now: I had smelled it on a smoker the day before and thought it was a perfect match JPG, bring out the chainsmoking Terrible!!! Do today's enfants terribles drink multivit juice and suck on a green tea flavored lolly?...

I tried this recently and didn't like it until well over an hour into it.

Is it just me or is there a really powerful rhubarb note in the top and heart notes? I found it really off-putting.

The far drydown on it is very pleasant, but maybe that's because it settles into a a more familiar Le Male territory.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Yes. And it's just as boring and synthetic as the original...

I own it, got it as a gift from a friend. Le Male Terrible is great and am not sorry to own it beside the original, but to me old le male is good old le male. Terrible is more modern, somewhat peppery too. I think it's a well done fragrance indeed. If you ask me does it worth owning both, well I don't know the answer, both of them have this certain vibe that makes them both special.

I've just tried it in my trip to Thailand. To my nose it almost smell similar to the original so it's not a bottle worthy for me. By the way, I saw there this fragrance card of Le Male that quite interesting. The picture on the card is the new model of Le Male (the same guy that is the face for Terrible) wearing the sailor T-shirt, but when you move the card, he becomes shirtless and the bottle of Le Male appears. On the back is the test strip that you peel off and rub on your skin to try the fragrance.

Is less sweeter, more smoky-orange.
    Lasting and silage of Le Male are better than Terrible on me.
    Its a good choice for the Sweet-Haters.

You can really smell the mint, I think it's excellent for the winter

Has anyone else tried this lately and would like to share your opinions?

Where did everyone buy Terrible? None available in Australia and I can't even find a place to get it online from reputable discounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    Where did everyone buy Terrible? None available in Australia and I can't even find a place to get it online from reputable discounters.
    Beauty Encounter has it. I'm definitely getting it from them if I liked my sample.

Keep us posted CTrussie, I'm a fan of Le Male just haven't had a chance to try Terrible. Let us know if it's a good scent for hotter months as I might hold out until winter months if it's not going to be good for summer.

Is it just my sample (which I bought from a reputable eBay UK seller) or this new fragrance smells exactly like the original Le Male?

Any news about this fragrance? Looks like Beauty Encounter is not selling Terrible anymore.

Yes I got the bottle 2 days ago from the biggest Turkish Cosmetic shop. This one is like the original bottle just more sexy and more mature. Like the sailor has grown up. Although I don't have as the same projection and longetivity this makes girls kneel before me when they smell it... I'm still dissapointed by the longetivity and projection time. Because whenever I do another spray I can smell it but on my body I can't.. oh and I'm kinda new to this so I hope I'm correct

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I was told it will not be available in the USA until spring 2011 - ? Why would you want to release a intense flanker in the spring???
    That's how the business works. Hey, if we had to wait two years after Europe for Paco Rabanne 1 Million and months or even years for countless niche fragrances...

I also think it might be a Sephora exclusive... don't know for sure as the lone BPI rep here is now with New Wave Fragrances (Ed Hardy, etc.) and there's no Sephora here at this time. To be fair, though, there is a Sephora opening inside the local JCPenney in early spring - do the Sephora units inside JCP carry the BPI fragrance brands (J.P. Gaultier, N. Rodriguez, and/or I. Miyake)? At one time, they didn't, but I know that the JCPenney Sephoras carry fellow Shiseido brand NARS Cosmetics now.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Body Kouros is much better that JPG Terrible.

I thought it was utterly vile synthetic stuff, but I didn't like Le Male, to begin with.

If you'd be interested in Le Male with less cloying vanilla, Terrible might do it for you.

smells pretty much the same to me.