Code of Conduct

Thread: Advice?

Default Advice?

Hi all!

Im new to the forum and im hoping you can all give me advice on deciding on what fragrances to get .

So ill get right to it, im nearly 18 and im looking for a frgrance for work and college and also a fragrance for nights out. I would preferably like each fragrence to be under £70 and i also want them to get plenty of attention.

The fragrences that i have been using recently are hugo boss energise and lacoste pour homme. i liked both and got complements at work and college with them but now i would like to try something new.

Thanks in advance for reading.

Default Re: Advice?

Hello!
    Considering your age, I would suggest you to give a try to the new Marc Jacobs' scent Bang, which is quite interesting (although the bottle is a bit tacky) and it might make a very nice day fragrance. It will make quite an impression on your work mates, it is suitable for office days or weekends, and it goes for about 50/60 USD. For nights out you might want to try Dior Homme (bit more expensive, it goes for about 70 USD), on a young man it is quite sensual and intriguing. I suggest to keep in your cabinet a bottle of Mugler Cologne as well. It is just a lovely clean cologne that you might want to wear for a change every now and then.
    Happy fragrance hunting!

I think Bang and Dior Homme and horrible fragrances for an 18 year old! These are definately older gentleman frags. Most 18 year olds aren't going to like Dior Homme and neither will most college girls either. You might want to stick with something thats fresh and citrusy. Chanel Bleu and Allure Sport might be good choices, as well as Platinum Egoiste and Paul Smith Story. Body Kouros and One Million and perfect fragrances for nights out but they aren't school/work friendly as they're quite strong.
    Bottles for Swap:

Givenchy Pour Homme 1.7oz(97% full)
    CK Obsession Night 1.7oz(97% full)
    Cerruti 1881 1.7oz(50% full)
    Un Jardin Sur De Nil(95% full)

Looking for:

Chanel Allure Sport
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Polo Blue
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    Dolce and Gabbana The One

If you want to get complimented and noticed by women, its Jean Paul Gaultiers Le Male. I know..ive tried to fight it too. But simply nothing gets compliments like this thing. The projection, longevity, seductive smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor King View Post
    Chanel Bleu and Allure Sport
    Those would be horrible fragrances for everyone, not only for an 18 year old.

Plantium Egoiste, it's really versatile, at the same time formal and mature. If you don't like it or the chanel brand is too expensive in your area, a more easily liked affordable fragrance that's also strong and versatile is Burberry London, which is a little more mature as well, but still modern. Both are good if you don't mind wearing something more complex, refined and mature at your age.

At your age, it's generally hard to suggest versatile yet affordable fragrance that aren't either Fresh/Aquatics or Sweet gourmands since they are the categories you and young girls will most likely easily like. The problem with Fresh/Aquatics is they might be took weak if your skin doesn't project well and if you live in an area that gets cold. Gourmands on the other hand can be too sweet and cloying for some people for daily use. Personally at your age I wore gourmands with no problem, just go for a best seller; Paco Robanne 1 million or black XS, or Le Male. Same thing with Fresh/Aquatics if you like them; cool water, Aqua di Gio, Lacoste Essentials, Allure Sport(that's the only affordable fresh fragrance I actually enjoy, but it gets as much critisim as any other ones since most basenoters seem to agree with me that this category is quite boring).

Quote Originally Posted by Armor King View Post
    I think Bang and Dior Homme and horrible fragrances for an 18 year old! These are definately older gentleman frags. Most 18 year olds aren't going to like Dior Homme and neither will most college girls either. You might want to stick with something thats fresh and citrusy. Chanel Bleu and Allure Sport might be good choices, as well as Platinum Egoiste and Paul Smith Story. Body Kouros and One Million and perfect fragrances for nights out but they aren't school/work friendly as they're quite strong.
    Do you reckon? I wouldn't say so about Bang, although you might be right about Dior Homme. I'm not sure about Platinum Egoiste, which is a bit too mature probably but you are totally right on One Million, nice scent and very young feel to it.
    Joop! Homme is apparently making a come back and it's getting very popular among young people in UK, and I might recommend that one as well.

!8? Hmm... Platinum Egoiste, YSL L`homme..

Guerlain Homme

Thanks for all the replies so far, at the moment i am leaning towards platinum egoiste for my work and college fragrance, but im still not sure about a fragrnce for nights out. I have heard alot of good thungs about 1 million but the thing that puts me off is the fact that people say it is quite feminine, is this true?