Code of Conduct

Default Need Fragrance Suggestions based on old fragrances I used to own...

Just cleaned out my linen closet and threw away my old, beloved perfumes that no longer smelled right:

These two were my favorites:
    Casmir by Chopard
    Venezia by Laura Biagotti

and Coco Chanel (this was a little strong to me and more of a winter scent.

Can anyone recommend any inexpensive or modern fragrances that may be similar?

I guess I prefer vanilla basenotes or oriental scents?
    Thank you for your thoughts!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Need Fragrance Suggestions based on old fragrances I used to own...

Hi Cupcake, welcome to Basenotes. My 2 suggestions would be Hot Couture by Givenchy and Hanae Mori Butterfly by Hanae Mori.

Casmir is still readily available online.

As a recommendation?...Barbara Bui ~ "Oriental, woody scent with notes of spices, incense, jasmine, white musk, sandalwood, heliotrope, cedar, amber."
    "The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as now they look upon the murder of men.”
    Leonardo Da Vinci
    “Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission--to be of service to them wherever they require it.”
    St. Francis of Assisi
    “The love of all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man.”
    Charles Darwin

thank you for the welcome and your thoughts. Will be on the lookout for them!

Hypnotic Poison and Dior Addict, Must de Cartier.

For Chopard Casmir, a recommendation of Hanae Mori Butterfly is right on the spot! If you are lucky enough, try to find Chopard Mira-Bai, their Wish (original, not the flunkers) is also attention worthy. If you want to step up, try La Maison de la Vanille Fleuri de Tahiti and Givree des Antilles, Laurence Dumont Vanille Orientale or Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Passion.

For Laura Biagiotti Venezia -- Long Lost Perfume has a dupe and it is not bad at all. If you are lucky, try finding Escada Collection. For a step up -- Hermessence Ambre Narguile should satisfy a craving.

For a Coco Chanel fan, I would say there is no similar fragrances, but perhaps, try Lolita Lempicka or Mauboussin de Mauboussin. They are both strong, so please use just a little bit.

As the ones before me mentioned, you can still buy Chopard Casmir easily online, e.g.:
    http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html

You could also try Sonya Rykiel For Woman not for Man (only the EDP!!!), rich spicey vanilla. Have you ever tried Shalimar? It's the most gorgeous vanilla I know.

I love Chopard Casmir! Buy it online! And every woman should own Shalimar. Try Bal a Versailles by Jean Desprez