Code of Conduct

Default Juliette Has A Gun - what think you?

I was going through some of my numerous samples last night before
    bed (a relaxing way to end the day) and came across a small vial of
    Juliette Has A Gun's Citizen Queen (Romano Ricci.) I was immediately
    struck by the allure and power of it; it stood out amongst the other three
    I was testing (Ambra de Nepal, Ybris and CB I Hate Perfume In The Country
    Kitchen.)
    I get aldehydes, rose, violets, iris, leather and animalistic musky notes that
    together produce a disquieting, sensuous mix. This is the one I kept returning
    to and fell asleep sniffing.
    What do you think of this line? Do any of you own full bottles of any of the six scents?
    I have ordered the six samples at a very reasonable cost with free postage.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Default Re: Juliette Has A Gun - what think you?

I have tried three (Lady Vengeance, Citizen Queen and Miss Charming) and not one of them left enough of an impression that I can even say whether I liked them or not. Ho-hum is all I remember. That was on sniffing rounds in department stores, though, so they were probably jostling several sillage monsters for attention - it's not really a fair way of assessing fragrances.

I adore Citizen Queen, kewart!
    Its one I bought for myself which has since been swiped by wifey, resulting in a second bottle purchase.
    Here are my thoughts on this one:
    http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/2...zen-queen.html

I've tried everything and I was really not impressed by JHAG's fragrances. Boring and nothing innovative, on the other hand pretty expensive. It's one of the worst niche brands IMHO. In fact, they shouldn't call themselves niche at all. Save your money for something much more better.
    "See a shoe, and pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck." by A. W.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    I adore Citizen Queen, kewart!
    Its one I bought for myself which has since been swiped by wifey, resulting in a second bottle purchase.
    Here are my thoughts on this one:
    http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/2...zen-queen.html
    I agree with Sorcery here. Citizen Queen is the best of the bunch. It is a unisex rose/leather scent.

The full bottles are pricey, so you are wise to sample. One way of buying is in the "bullet" purse versions, which offer a nice, lasting fragrance oil at a good price. I *would* buy a full bottle of CQ, but I have others before it. The bullet is an interesting conversation piece!

Other scents did not strike me well, including the new oud and the Calamity J, the latter striking me as commonplace.

I think some of the scents are made by Francis Kurkdjian, and I think Citizen Queen is his and the later ones by Romano Ricci.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I loved your review Dimitri, especially the bit about a "pistol-packing coquette."
    I have read that this was the first scent Romano did on his own without Kurkdjian.
    Either way it is sumptuous and delectable on my skin.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Citizen Queen -- beautiful and unique. My only regret was that I didn't buy the larger bottle.

I think I have tried Lady Vengeance, which i liked and it was in the same vein of Stella McCartney - nice roses with something abstractly woody and musk at the base.
    I enjoyed their take on oud - to me it was like an easier to wear version of montale black aoud. Great combination of roses with agarwood and saffron, but not overwhelming, very chic.

Sur la Plage

I really like Midnight Oud.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

This is a great line, very innovative and high quality. I bought Citizen Queen, for the reasons you describe above- it's nose catching! Midnight Out and Calamity J and great, too- have you tried those yet? I'll wear CQ tomorrow, now
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

I do love Citizen Queen and am due for a bottle split in the near future. It's such a comforting scent, one of those deceptively simple fragrances where the more I wear it the more complexity I discover (have the same with Clair de Musc and YR Vanille Noire) and the more I appreciate it.

I also like a lot Calamity J, it is a very wearable soft patchouli. Lady Vengeance has a plasticky note on me, it won't end up as a lemming. I am curious of the rest of the line.

Citizen Queen and Midnight Oud are wonderful... I have the "purse bullet" roll-ons for CQ and have a tiny bit of a sample of MO ... wish that the sample sets JHAG sends out included that one but it's "exclusive." (or at least it was when I ordered the sample set which IS a wonderful value)... when I get a current loan paid off I might go for a FB of MO. I've yet to try the other samples but think I'll like Calamity J (got a small sniff of it from a sample I think BayKat sent me)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

I agree - Midnight Oud is gorgeous....I think it's actually my favorite rose/oud combo. It's the only JHAG I own, but Lady Vengeance has been growing on me and it might just make my wish-list before too long. It initially reminded me too much of Agent Provocateur (which I love) to consider a fb, but since I love roses in almost every different way they can be presented, I slowly realized that there's actually room for both in my wardrobe. It's softer and creamier than AP, and rounded out with what I think is vanilla.

I haven't sniffed Citizen Queen yet, but y'all have me itching to try it.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I was quite disappointed- Miss Charming was nothing more than Stella McCartney, and Stella comes out on top.
    Citizen Queen was a somewhat moisture-infused version of Agent Provocateur, AP has a more dry, arid quality.

Wont bother to try any more of the JHAG line and so disappointed that I bought them blind in the 100ml!

edited: double post

I really like the brand, which is strange because I normally don't like rose perfumes. I own Miss Charming and Citizen Queen. Miss Charming is the prettiest fruity floral I've ever encountered nad I wore it a lot in spring and summer. Citizen Queen is georgeous and smooth in a vintage kinda way.
    I plan to get Lady vengance next.

I tried all the samples and found them very thin and boring, no substance. Disappointed as I love the packaging!

I own, wear and very much like Midnight Oud. Other than this I am not really familiar with other fragrances of the brand, though I have a sample of Calamity J. as well.