Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What's the worst female fragrance you've ever smelled?

Scent-imental, I'm with you on the anti-fig thing. I just can't warm up to figs. And what's the deal with caviar? Them's for eatin' not wearin' and smellin'!!!
    Currently wearing: French Cancan by Caron

Scent-imental try a side by side omparison of Womanity and Secretions Magnifique. Definitely evil scent twins! I fact SM is just the better of the two. Gak!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Scent-imental try a side by side omparison of Womanity and Secretions Magnifique. Definitely evil scent twins! I fact SM is just the better of the two. Gak!
    Secretions is not a word i find alluring in a fragrance - it suggests an oozing sore, a suppurating wound, that has gone gangrenous, or something equally hideous. That certainly sounds disgusting Alityke and deserves a mention, before i even smell it.

SM is infamous and the blurb from EldO claims it smells of sperm and blood (it doesn't) and Katie Pukrik did a well known you tube review. I started a comparison with Womanity thread http://www.basenotes.net/threads/294...ue-vs-Womanity some time ago. Do google the Pukrik revue

Blog Entries

Oh dear me! I just watched KP's review of Secretions Magnifique, very amusing. I loved her facial expressions, and description. It makes me want to try a sample actually. In that morbidly fascinated kind of way. Like you know something stinks, you can see that the milk has gone all lumpy and separated, but some insane part of me just HAS to take a sniff, and recoil, shuddering with horror, at quite how bad that stench is. Thats how i'm feeling aout SM.

I think i'm a little weird. I need to smell it now, right now in fact. I also checked the reviews on here, and one was particularly amusing. I shall not go into detail of his comments, he mentions being alone in bed, thats all i'll say. But i am curious now, childishly so. In fact, if i knew anyone who actually spent real money on a full bottle of this, I'd try to scrounge a sample. Not just for me, but i'd love to shock my husband. And of course, come back to this thread to add SM my most disgusting female frag list. Thanks for the link and info Alityke

I felt nauseous when I wore McQueen's Kingdom, but I can't say it's a bad fragrance... I think it demands colder weather.
    Hm, I don't like Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, on my skin, it's the worst.
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

That's quite some combination there! Love it or hate it, I never thought I would see White Diamonds grouped with Secretions Magnifiques!

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Aromatics Elixir
    Secretions Magnifiques
    White Diamonds

All the above I find totally repellant.
    One man's trash is another man's treasure. Especially when it comes to perfumes ...

Haven't seen Champs Elysees by Guerlain mentioned yet. BLURGH. Nasty, wheedling synthetic mess. Accidentally sprayed some on a winter coat and even dry cleaning couldn't save it. Farewell, coat.

Oh, and Poison. Toxic grape Kool-Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Girl View Post
    Caesar's Woman by Caesar's World

It's unbearably stinky and nauseating !
    Hahahahaha! My dad bought my mom this fragrance. She absolutely hates it - literally sprays it down her sink when he isn't there
    The question that women casually shopping for perfume ask more than any other is this: "What scent drives men wild?" After years of intense research, we know the definitive answer. It is bacon. Now, on to the far more interesting subject of perfume.
    ― Tania Sanchez, Perfumes: The Guide

Blog Entries

Yep Alityke. Womanity is a real hummer. So is Dilmun by Lorenzo Villoresi. What is that you think smells like hippapotamus poo? Mind you, I can't remember if you said that you didn't like it..

I think she said Dzing smelled like hippo? lol. I can't remember if she said she didn't like it or not either. I liked some aspects of Dzing actually..now that I remember. The big, leather cow hide note that lasted forever didn't do too much for me..but the dry down I was kinda diggin. I got leather..then cinnamon and hay.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    I think she said Dzing smelled like hippo? lol. I can't remember if she said she didn't like it or not either. I liked some aspects of Dzing actually..now that I remember. The big, leather cow hide note that lasted forever didn't do too much for me..but the dry down I was kinda diggin. I got leather..then cinnamon and hay.
    Ha Ha. It was!! I did remember, and I am sure that she didn't want to smell like hippo poop!

Yep Dzing! smelt like a big smelly pile of hippo poop with the hippo stood guard over it. Not so much a leather as a stinky pachyderm enclosure. It didn't make me scrub with a brush like CDG 2011 did but that smelt like Chernobyl fallout. I got the Dzing! joke just none of the popcorn, candy floss circus references.

Who wants to smell like a pachyderm? It's bad enough that at my age I appear to be turning into one

Maybe it's the result of eating lamb from the Yorkshire Moors which the urban myth says we're affected by the Chernobyl cloud

Womanity

Tried First by Van Cleef and Arpels the other day. Smells like what I imagine Harrods fabric conditioner smells like...

Hypnotic Poison has something in it that almost instantly gives me a migraine. I'm also not a fan of Angel, but I think that;s because it#s ubiquitous rather than a bad frag.

Eternity and White Diamonds

Banned

When i just started sniffing perfumes i stumbled on Aromatics Elixir, and i thought its impossible anyone wants to smell like this, i did spray it on my wool shirt, because was forcing myself to understand it, and yes its ok! It develops into something that smells old lady but good!! but then i realised i am not chypre, mossy scents fan:-) , so Knowing, Youth Dew and such scents are something i dont go around, but understand they smell nice

but i remember Royal Pavillon by Etro, as something so ugly:-) i could not smell ever again! It makes me want to vomit and it starts so nicely , i was thinking to buy it! After 30 minutes, i dont know what came from the base, its disgusting

Banned
    Blog Entries

poison

I admire many of the above mentioned fragrances and, when applied with a light hand, Aromatics Elixir, Youth Dew etc smell splendid in my view - but I entirely understand why many do not care for them.

My bete noir is Angel, I'm afraid. I can appreciate that this is an example of interesting and innovative perfumery but I'm afraid I think it monstrous. I like a number of its relatives - Bond No 9 New York for all, Yves Rocher Cocoon, Coromandel, Lolita Lempika but Angel repulses me.

The fragrances mentioned above as awful but that I love are tobacco vanille and hypnotic poison, both in my collection.

The one I can't stand but I thought I would really love based on its notes is L'artisan Havana vanille. Something in it smells very very nauseating to me. Bleurgh!

There are quite a few unpleasant fragrances around. But the only one that caused me nausea instantaneously was Tabu by Dana.
    Currently wearing: Eau Fraîche by Caron

Basenotes Plus

Fame, but I've led a very sheltered life.

Frederic Malle Une Fleur de Cassie
    Estée Lauder white linen

I really can't stand Coco Noir or Bal a Versailles. I've tried to like Bal a Versailles, but it just doesn't work for me. It reminds me of floral musty urine. Coco Noir is just screechy and strong.