Code of Conduct

Default Frederic Malle French Lover, and Gucci Pour Homme

Are there eny similarities between these two?

Default Re: Frederic Malle French Lover, and Gucci Pour Homme

I find the strong angelica note in FL rather unique and central for the composition. Since Gucci pH (both: 1976 and 2003) lack this one, i don’t see much of a similarity.

I think that French Lover is more to Terre d`Hermés Pure Parfum than to Gucci Pour Homme. French Lover and Terre share a similar peppery patchouly vibe on me.

Hi! What a coincidence!
    I was sampling French Lover(Bois d'Orage) today when I saw your thread.
    I do not find any similarities between FL and Gucci pour Homme(2003).
    I suppose rickbr really has some reason for finding similarity between FL and Terre d`Hermés.

Ok. I have order samples of French Lover, Vetiver extraordinare, and that Monsieur stuff (don`t remember the name :-)

Love them both, and never thought that they were similar until seeing this thread.

So now, of course, I'm sitting here with a spritz on each hand and comparing the two, and although both hit me in that indefinable "pleasure center" part of my brain (the FL more than the Gucci, to be honest) they're not really striking me as kindred spirits beyond the fact that they're both intriguing, well-crafted masculines.

I never thought about the similarities between Gucci PH and Terre d'Hermes either, but since my experience with the latter is limited to some lunchtime spritzes at Sephora I can't really do much empirical exploration at present. (Hmm, now I have an excuse for hitting Sephora during lunch hour today ... )

BTW - Vetiver Extraordinaire is wonderful too, though if you're looking for a dry vetiver in that vein you might want to try Lalique's Encre Noire as well if you haven't already. I think it's even better than the VE, to say nothing about the fact that it's a quarter the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Ok. I have order samples of French Lover, Vetiver extraordinare, and that Monsieur stuff (don`t remember the name :-)
    I think you`re talking about Geranium Pour Monsieur don`t? If so, it`s a great herbal frag with a minty opening...

They're both dry, and they both include incense notes (though the "tone" of the incense is totally different).

But overall? Nah.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I think you`re talking about Geranium Pour Monsieur don`t? If so, it`s a great herbal frag with a minty opening...
    Yep, thats the one!

Off-Scenter

No.