Code of Conduct

Default Too much Creed will kill you

I woke up this morning with a Queen song in my ear--Too Much Love Will Kill You. It went on and on in my head and I'm humming to it relentlessly. That's a typical ear-worm case, when you don't want to sing to that song for heaven's sake. Then I felt bored. SO BORED, which reminded me of Creed!

I love Creed but I'm reading too much Creed here and my eyes are sore because of Creed. I have a huge number of the Creed frags but God I don't want to be tormented by Creed.

Is this evolution track familiar to you too: Axe>Gio>Cool Water>Creed>Tom Ford?
    Last edited by Killer_Vavoom; 9th September 2010 at 06:09 PM.

Default Re: Too much Creed will kill you

I skipped the Creed and went straight to Tom Ford myself ...

Maybe the song should be, "Too much Creed will make you poor and arrogant?"

Thumbs up Re: Too much Creed will kill you

Totally agree with OP.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesD View Post
    I skipped the Creed and went straight to Tom Ford myself ...
    Ahh you beat me to it. Skipped Creed myself as well to Tom Ford many better Niche brands out there for the same price. Even cheaper Niche brands (e.g. L'Artisan) are better. Creed is one step ahead of your average designer top seller, other Niche brands are another world compared to them.

Is that Bahrain Flag I see? Creeds are quite pricey in the middle east, considering how cheaper the middle eastern market is. But so are Tom Ford's since the older batches had "Made in Israel" on them and just recently the Made in the USA batches came out, still hard to find a deal on them. Try Montale and Amouage since they're relatively cheaper there. If you want something more western, Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier can be found here and there (at least in Kuwait) for a good deal. Sorry if I'm mistaken and you're not from there.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but there's a long way ahead of you my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    ... Creed is one step ahead of your average designer top seller, other Niche brands are another world compared to them...
    Yo neighbor I'm in Dubai, UAE. The flag next to my nick is not the UAE one, though... Hope they fix it here.

Back to your point above, while I thank you for your nice reply, I have to politely disagree with you and hope you'd reconsider your final statement on Creed. It's true I'm feeling sick with the novice panting over their newly discovered Creed frags, but I'm in no way looking down on this great school of perfume. In my book, BdP, VT, ME, Acier Aluminum, etc... are right there at the pinnacle of perfume as art. Sheer brilliance. Merci beaucoup, anyways Fragrant salutation.

Yes, it will - buying Creeds will take all the money you originally spent on food, thus turning you into a good smelling homeless with poor health, and ultimatley, dead.

Weird. I drank a bottle of Creed and peed out diamonds. I guess Im the only one.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

If the threads are constructive and educational, I see nothing wrong with it. However a lot of Creed threads get started by people for ulterior motives. This of course serves as bait for the bashers. But I'm sure this particular thread was started for a good reason.

DeepSilence

I know a good replacement: Cartier!!

Love their fragrances but also sick of reading about it for now. Yes, they are amazing but I love others as well. Since Hamid must mention cartier, Declaration is always in my drobe and when I go too long without wearing it, I crave it.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

My interest in Creed was primarily limited to my first five or six months on Basenotes. After many bottles and flacons, I haven't derived a lot of satisfaction from them. Basically, sex without enough lubrication (natural or synthetic). Reading about them is the same. Some people give it a shot, using a lot of embellishment, but there usually isn't much to say about a few accords inside a lot of structurally poverty stricken fragrances with a few drops of mystery.

Pierre Bourdon made something excellent in Green Irish Tweed, but I'd also like to know who created Vintage Tabarome. The pre-2006/7 (dark green flacon) juice almost has the feel of high quality composition, and I love the way it smells.

Edit: I'd like to know who actually created Vintage Tabarome, not who Creed purports it to be. It could easily be Henry Creed, and if it was.........excellent job.
    Last edited by pluran; 11th September 2010 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    I haven't derived a lot of satisfaction from them. Basically, sex without enough lubrication.
    Some people tend to enjoy it a little rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Vavoom View Post
    Yo neighbor I'm in Dubai, UAE. The flag next to my nick is not the UAE one, though... Hope they fix it here.

Back to your point above, while I thank you for your nice reply, I have to politely disagree with you and hope you'd reconsider your final statement on Creed. It's true I'm feeling sick with the novice panting over their newly discovered Creed frags, but I'm in no way looking down on this great school of perfume. In my book, BdP, VT, ME, Acier Aluminum, etc... are right there at the pinnacle of perfume as art. Sheer brilliance. Merci beaucoup, anyways Fragrant salutation.
    Hey, forums are created for people to argue over things. I just sometimes wonder what other reputable niche brands those who hold creed in a high position have tried. Creed is one of those brands I tried very hard to like, but I'm yet to be impressed enough to pay the price. They're good, just...not that good.

I agree with Ekove, Creed has some very nice fragrances but the price means exclusivity and brand-name, maybe Aventus will be worth the cash.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

No way am I ganna stop buying creed though

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    My interest in Creed was primarily limited to my first five or six months on Basenotes. After many bottles and flacons, I haven't derived a lot of satisfaction from them. Basically, sex without enough lubrication (natural or synthetic). Reading about them is the same. Some people give it a shot, but there usually isn't much to say about a few accords inside a lot of structurally poverty stricken fragrances.

But I would like to know who created Vintage Tabarome. It almost has the feel of high quality composition, and I love the way it smells.
    the third generation of the house henry creed the second i believe in 1875

Quote Originally Posted by reba00 View Post
    No way am I ganna stop buying creed though
    personally i love creed and consider it number 1 as far as quality and i love their scents, but there are other nice niche houses though and i will not deny that, i genuinely enjoy some scents from tom ford , but serge lutens and l artisan are not exactly my type, xerjoff is unique and interesting but not my cup of tea either, le labo never appealed to me, i plan on trying frederic malle and i hope i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    personally i love creed and consider it number 1 as far as quality and i love their scents, but there are other nice niche houses though and i will not deny that, i genuinely enjoy some scents from tom ford , but serge lutens and l artisan are not exactly my type, xerjoff is unique and interesting but not my cup of tea either, le labo never appealed to me, i plan on trying frederic malle and i hope i like it.
    David,

Check out a few from Santa Maria Novella. I think you may really like a couple of them
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Vavoom View Post
    Is this evolution track familiar to you too: Axe>Gio>Cool Water>Creed>Tom Ford?
    I don’t get the obsession with brands. I own bottles and samples by Creed and TF, but many others too. To me this evolution sounds like: I want to smell>smell good>smell good and exclusive/different. The next step would be to develope a serious interest in fragrance (which i don’t doubt you have), so your knowledge helps you to find rare and exclusive (as in: hardly known) scents and not the pricetag – though, of course, what you like might still be pricy.

yeah I know I should try other ones too but why get anything less than the best right?

To me the only thing genuinely interesting about Creed itself is the longevity of the brand within the Creed family. I buy Creed for one reason: It smells good to me. Which is the exact same reason I bought another bottle of Old Spice at Fred Meyers in June. I hesitated when I reached for the Brut; it went back on the shelf. I hesitated at the Millesime Imperial too.
    GIT, BdP, AA, and Aventus are the ones I like out of about the 20-ish samples I've tried.

going back to Queen though,

While we live according to race, colour or creed
    While we rule by blind madness and pure greed
    Our lives dictated by tradition, superstition, false religion
    Through the eons, and on and on
    Oh yes we'll keep on trying...

I think it's best not to over think things. If you happen to see one or two extra Creed threads, just pass over them. They are popular because they smell good, and, unlike many niche brands, are so accessible. It's also best not to get hung over on the price. Testers are cheaper. On top of that, I buy used bottles on here - I never paid more than $60 for a mostly full bottle.

I owned a few Creeds before finding basenotes (GIT, Original Vetiver, Tabarome Millesime) and still like 'em a lot, even after forays into just about every house known to man. And I'd certainly like to grab a few of the others I've heard about and never tried (Windsor, Aventus, Vintage Tabarome etc.) but . . . . Tom Ford?

I have tried a few and if Tom Ford was the only option I'd just stick with Creed all the way. The Tom Ford line seems to be a very commercial fair to midling selection of okay scents but they don't move me. To be honest they seem pretty contrived and soulless compared to a lot of other stuff out there in the same price range.

What is the next Creed, the Cleopatra or Moïse perfume ?