Code of Conduct

Unhappy recommend something sweet

Hi. Can someone recommend a perfume for me? I am a girl in my mid 20s. I wouldn't want a perfume that older women use or young teenage girls. I guess i don't like anything that's 'too strong' and i'd like it to be sweet and not very floral. Other then that i like a lot or perfumes but i cant find one that suits me. I think i like vanilla and lavender? Or simply something sweetish

Thank you

Blog Entries

Default Re: recommend something sweet

Hi, welcome to basenotes! The sweetest ones l've tried recently are Nina by Nina Ricci, Allure Sensuelle by Chanel, & YSL Parisienne, all quite sophisticated yet youthful scents l think. Good luck!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hi postage and welcome to Basenotes.
    I find Angel by Thierry Mugler is very sweet when a woman comes near me wearing it, but it's very popular from the amount of people I know who use it, between the ages of around 25 up to mid 40's.

Basenotes Plus

Hi postage, welcome to basenotes. I have a few that I think are sweet and for someone in their mid twenties.
    1. Pink Sugar by Aquolina
    2. Nina by Nina Ricci
    3. Fancy Love by Jessica Simpson, my daughters favorite
    4. Le'a by Saffron James
    5. Insolence by Guerlain
    6. Angel Garden of the Stars by Thierry Mugler (lily, peony, rose or violet)
    7. Parisenne by Yves Saint Laurent
    8. Loukhoum eau Poudree by Keiko Mecheri
    9. Angel by Thierry Mugler (you might like Angel Innocent better, not as loud)
    10. Fancy by Jessica Simpson
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 9th September 2010 at 07:01 PM.

Sonia Rykiel's Belle en Rykiel is a really nice sweetish scent that I think would suit a 20something. It has lavender notes up top & vanilla at the base.

It's available reasonably priced at internet e-tailers too.

Have you tried the Benefit line? Laughing with LeeLee, Lookin' to Rock Rita, etc. There are 6 in all, I think. I can't remember which is which right now but one of them might fit the bill for you.

Gucci Rush is sweet, if I remember correctly. And a very nice fragrance.

Rochas Man >__>
    women can use it
    I hear it is strong though but my nose does not get it.

L'Instant and all its flankers from Guerlain could work. Also Dior Addict, CK Euphoria, the Lolita Lempickas, Kenzo Flower and Amour.

If you're a bit more daring you could try Shalimar, it is vanilla with bergamote and smoke. Classy, special and absolutely ageless.

Sur la Plage

Pink Sugar
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Lol, I see many pink sugar recommendations incoming. You'll probably like it if you're young and not an expert in fragrances. I'd try to say something different and recommend Burberry Brit.

Here's a unisex that's personally too sweet for me. You might want to smell Gaultier 2 by JPG. Very sweet (too sweet for me) with a very nice vanilla. Just go easy on the sprays since it's quite potent.
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

For lavender my fav is The Healing Gardens lavendertherapy .Vanilla - Vanilla Fantasy by Body Fantasies, or a Bath &Body Works vanilla . Another to try is PI by Givenchy marketed to men it is a sort of fougere/vanilla that works well for anyone regardless of gender.I have read a review that said the whole family of four father,mother,son,daughter all wore it .

Burberry Weekend (Sweets for my sweet, sugar for my honey!!)
    Wish by Chopard (sweet like Angel, but more subtle, and not as overpowering and recognizable)
    Jardins de Bagatelle by Guerlain (it's floral but sooo sweet and young and happy)

Blog Entries

Its called Le Male but its unisex and then some. Its got lavender and vanilla to the max. Princess by Vera Wang is extremely sweet as well, i believe its got vanilla in it

Burberry The Beat is pretty sweet (huh, I rhymed...), and I've just recently discovered L'Artisan's Premiere Figuier Extreme, which is also sweet, but interesting too. And it's not particularly floral.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.