Code of Conduct

Default My Atelier Oolang Infini Cologne Absolue Rant

I got a sample of Atelier Oolang Infini Cologne Absolue via a recent trade and won't lie... fell instantly in love. With the name "oolang", of course this is a tea-based scent which draws instant comparison to Bulgari Pour Homme... a scent I've kept in my wardrobe since the moment it came out in '95.

Atelier Oolang Infini comes off as a more refined version of Bulgari Pour Homme to my limited nose. And I simply loved it from the sample. I finally had a less than humid and hot day, poured the sample into an atomizer and spritzed it sorta heavily.

The lady approved. Even my dog approved. 30 minutes later, it disappeared.

An $155 cologne, which I was prepared to go buy in the next day or so - just friggin' disappeared in 30 minutes.

The lady couldn't find it. Even the dog couldn't locate it.

That's sad. I wanted to love this one. Hell, I needed to almost. It's gotten so bad that when I go to a certain store, they all scream out my name like it's Cheers, pony up the Bulgari Pour Homme bottle and then ask me what else I might be looking for.

Dead serious. And for once, I wanted to say something other than Bulgari Pour Homme. But... no. Atelier Oolang Infini Cologne Absolue only lasted 30 friggin' minutes.

After worrying about Creed Aventus lasting only 30 minutes, which lasted on my all gosh darn day - even after the warnings for Creed Himalaya, which also lasts all gosh darn day on me - I had very high expectations for this.

Scary thing, now I'm looking for a bottle of Bulgari Man. Scared that will also last only 30 friggin' minutes on me too.

Why Atelier? Why doth thou tease me with amazing, refined smell only to last as long as my commute? Sigh.

Sorry folks... I had to get this one out. Carry-on.
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com | Yep! This Is My Moving Sale Thread
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread | I need a Creed Original Vetiver cap...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Atelier Oolang Infini Cologne Absolue Rant

Gerbick, I'll tell you the truth. For every one that breaks your heart for short duration, there's another one to love out there that will stick by you and stick by you.

I've had the pain of plenty that don't stick around or don't project or that no one but I can detect, but then all of a sudden there are the others that have come to me--Voleur de Roses that lasts 24 hours and doesn't come out of clothes after they've been washed, or Route du Vetiver which goes on and is so bold and brash that it simply doesn't have it in it to whimper and cowardly slink away.

There are other, my friend, there are others. Seems a rule that the ultra greats to one's nose are binary. They'll either stick on you like a zero or stick on you like a full, whole, resounding all.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, honestly this doesn't surprise me. Atelier makes mostly natural fragrances, right? Most natural fragrances smell great, but many suffer from extremely short longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Oolang Infini, but being a cologne I did not have high expectations about longevity. But it lasts on me longer than expected. It is one of my top 5 favorites of 2010 (so far)
    Evenstar

Post Thanks / Like

I don't blame you for ranting. Sorry to hear about the poor longevity.
    Atelier Trefle Pur lasts forever on me and is pretty darn near perfect.
    Don't give up hope! You'll find your HG!

Yeah, I had the same problem with Oolang Infiniti and Osmanthus Yunnan as well. You should try to spray a lot more of the juice; it's $155 for 6oz or something like that, so you should be able to spray generously.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Well, honestly this doesn't surprise me. Atelier makes mostly natural fragrances, right? Most natural fragrances smell great, but many suffer from extremely short longevity.
    I think you're thinking of Aftelier, Mandy Aftel's line of naturals. Atelier is that overpriced line of colognes that's semi-new at Neimans - there are 5 of them and they're all based on the same citrus/orange blossom topnotes. I wanted to love the oolong one, too, as well as the woody one, but I could barely even smell the wood one on paper. I was wondering just today who these are secretly distributed by that they managed to make it into Neimans without any history or brand recognition, and with questionable quality...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    I think you're thinking of Aftelier, Mandy Aftel's line of naturals. Atelier is that overpriced line of colognes that's semi-new at Neimans - there are 5 of them and they're all based on the same citrus/orange blossom topnotes. ...
    Oh you are right, thanks rogalal.

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    I think you're thinking of Aftelier, Mandy Aftel's line of naturals. Atelier is that overpriced line of colognes that's semi-new at Neimans - there are 5 of them and they're all based on the same citrus/orange blossom topnotes. I wanted to love the oolong one, too, as well as the woody one, but I could barely even smell the wood one on paper. I was wondering just today who these are secretly distributed by that they managed to make it into Neimans without any history or brand recognition, and with questionable quality...
    I have the woody one (Bois Blond), and a good spray of it lasts a long time actually. I had the same complain when I tried the samples, but I liked BB enough to get an actual bottle and I couldn't be happier.