Code of Conduct

Default Does Epic Man smell clean or dirty?

I can't decide? What's your opinion?

I can't decide either, if it can be worn on a daily basis and for formal occasions and days at the office. If you use it with great caution (one spray at the most), then perhaps yes...

Default Re: Does Epic Man smell clean or dirty?

I think it's very elegant. It's hard to describe, it has a middle eastern touch so of course it smells dirty and somewhat animalic. But it's very well done and sophisticated, which gives me the impression of clean. I think it's one of the Amouage's that you can wear to work, as long as you go light.

Dirty! It`s the opposite of G-I-T. Can easily be used to work, but with only one spray under your shirt (it will last 24 hours). Formal occasions? Perfect! Great stuff!

It smells a bit dirty to me but yet I find this one suitable for wearing to work and the like, which is a bit odd as I find the quieter but more ostentatious Al Oudh to be a bit much for work. I guess that's because Al Oudh is trying to smell sexy and seductive, whereas Epic is more regal and refined.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

There is genius in the composition of Epic Man. It is dirty, it is brutal,it is substantial yet is not loud and/or strident. I actually think it is understated, compared with even Lyric Man, talk less of Gold Man. It is a frag i am comfortable wearing anywhere, not that i really am bothered about such things
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I had this one spray on a paper and it scented my whole office for days, so, using it sparingly is probably the best advise you can get. Sillage and longevity are nothing less than epic and it's not an inoffensive scent either. One spray under your shirt at the most!

Heh, I wouldn't be afraid of chocking people with my fragrance if it's that good.

Basenotes Institution

Funny, I don't get a 'dirty' feeling from Epic Man at all. Maybe my 'dirty' threshold is a bit higher these days?

Wet earth smells dirty.
    But what about parched dry silicate earth?
    Sand is dirty or sterile?

...it's sterile.

Hot, dusty desert sterility.
    that's both clean and "dirty", but more clean.

I like the sand analogy - hell even a damp forest floor doesn't smell dirty to me . . . it's natural.

I think the spice road concept behind Epic shines thru because there's a mix of astringent herbal qualities you find in medicinal tonics in China, especially in the far north, that can be very earthy, rooty, spicy and so on but the effect is cleansing - almost in the same way as when you smell vicks vaporub or oil of cloves both are quite agressive but you know they are good for you!

It wouldn't surprise me if as well as smelling so good Epic Man can also kill germs