Code of Conduct

Default Miss Dior cherie help!!

Hi,

I went to the fragrance store yesterday and I saw Miss Dior perfume..but the thing is, on the box it doesn't have the word cherie on it..just "Miss Dior" then Eau de parfum. Why is this?

Default Re: Miss Dior cherie help!!

Because its an original Miss Dior(Cheri was a flanker), they they changed the names of all the Miss Dior's earlier in the year.
    DONNA

Ok Thanks! Which one should I get? Which one do you like personally?

Definitely sniff before you buy. I like what was Miss Dior and is now called Miss Dior Originale. But it does have what some would call an "old lady" vibe and I would call a classic perfume vibe. It's not all that classic - it's been reformulated no doubt countless times since the true original. But I like it all the same.

What was Miss Dior Cherie and is now Miss Dior will be much more modern, but that's all I know; I can't recall what it smells like.

Of the three fragrances called Miss Dior currently on the shelves, the closest to the last incarnation of Miss Dior Cherie (don't expect the popcorn note) is Miss Dior Eau de Parfum, the one you encountered, LuxC. There's also Miss Dior Le Parfum which is richer, slightly less sweet and has a prominent rose note, which I think of as a real departure from Miss Dior Cherie. Because of this, I was initially very excited about MD Le Parfum - I bought it and had it for a few days, but it ultimately just didn't work for me, and it reminded me too much of Yves Rocher's Rose Absolue except it wasn't as nice, actually, or long-lasting ...and I already have Rose Absolue. I switched it for the MD Eau de Parfum thinking it would be at least as nice as Miss Dior Cherie, but it's just not, and it also faded very quickly. I returned it too, and have gone back to enjoying my older Miss Dior Cherie, what's left of it, and my vintage Miss Dior, the real deal, which I appreciate now more than ever.

There's also the Miss Dior Eau Fraiche, but I haven't sniffed that one. I've completely lost interest in the line now, to be honest, but I will look forward to trying the Miss Dior Originale the next time I spot it.

eta - Sorry I don't have better news for you, but keep in mind this is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary, so please give them a try - you may really love them! pomander, another member here, loves the new Miss Dior Le Parfum, and I've read some really great reviews of it. But the Eau de Parfum is more like Miss Dior Cherie, if that's what you're really wanting.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 20th December 2012 at 01:47 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

When I checked Myers there was Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum? does this mean some stores have it in stock?

Apparently so! I haven't looked that many places for it, I just know my local Saks and Sephora took it off the shelves when the new Miss Dior was launched, but I'm sure there are still a few of the old bottles here and there. Good for you!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Wow that's great, hopefully they still have it in stock..it's been 2 weeks since I went to take a look!. Oh yeh, Is this the reason why a 100 ml bottle for MD Cherie is 180 dollars? It seems the Miss Dior is cheaper

That would make sense, but according to Dior it's simply no longer available, so the pricing didn't come from there. I was told that all authorized distributors were supposed to return the unsold bottles of MDC, but it wouldn't surprise me if some didn't, and it doesn't surprise me that they would gouge you for it.

I think you should really try the new Miss Dior Edp before shelling out for the MDC - like I said, you may really love it. You just never know ...for instance, some people simply can't stand the current formulation of Dior Addict, but I think it's just fine ...excellent really, I adore it! I'm just saying there's no need to stress yourself out over hard-to-find fragrances if the new stuff is just as good, so don't write it off before you give it a go.

I think I'll go for Miss Dior Cherie. Reason being is because my missus actually told me that she loved MD Cherie..if it wasn't for that I'd probably of got her the MD EDP haha .
    Great responses btw! really really helpful. Thanks a lot everyone. Added to my bookmarks

Good luck - I'm sure she'll love it!

A warning: My understanding is that the reformulation of Miss Dior Cherie happened some time before its renaming to Miss Dior. So (as I understand it), there were bottles of:

- The original Miss Dior Cherie, which is supposed to have a sort of carnival feel.
    - The reformulated Miss Dior Cherie, which is more grownup and more floral, and people don't seem to like it nearly as much.
    - The same stuff, approximately, now named Miss Dior.

This is what I've gotten from my reading; if someone confidently contradicts me, odds are that they're right and I'm wrong.

So if you find a bottle labelled Miss Dior Cherie, you're not necessarily getting the _original_ Miss Dior Cherie, so you may or may not have what she loves. (She may love the original or the reformulation; you may be buying the original or the reformulation.)

This confusion is an example of why people are very, very annoyed with Dior.

Here is some info you might find useful:

Miss Dior Cherie (original version)

White box with Miss Dior Cherie written on it. There are no lines or squares or rectangles on the front of the box, only a silver rectangle around the outer portion. It is a plain box with the name written on it. As for the bottle, the name Miss Dior Cherie is written directly on the glass. There is no paper label.

Miss Dior Cherie (reformulation)

The box is white, but has a small rectangular label in the middle where the name is written. The bottle also has a paper label where the name is written.

So, original = no rectangular labels on box or bottle, reformulation with rectangular labels on both box and bottle.

This might help you pick the right one if you can determine which version your wife likes. It is worth finding out if you can, because the two versions do have different smells.

Editing this to add a link to a recent Bois de Jasmin post where the author writes about the differences between the original and reformulated verisions:

http://boisdejasmin.com/2012/12/chri...tml#more-11929
    Last edited by noggs; 21st December 2012 at 04:35 AM.