Code of Conduct

Question Does clear packaging influence whether you make a purchase or not ?

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about the packaging for the last little while. I have seen fragrances in shops which are not in cardboard packaging. But rather, clear plastic packaging. For mens fragrance an example would be Carven Homme.

What I am concerned about is whether or not the fragrance can get damaged because of the shop lighting ? Since the the bottle is clear as well, of course.

Would or should it make a difference. Or am I overthinking things. Is it only sunlight that can damage fragrances ?

Thanks and I look forward to reading your replies.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Does clear packaging influence whether you make a purchase or not ?

It does make sense that the fragrance could be affected by exposure to store lighting over time. But if it's a relatively popular fragrance perhaps the turnover rate is high enough that the bottles wouldn't be exposed for very long.

Default Re: Does clear packaging influence whether you make a purchase or not ?

Thanks for the reply, 30 Roses.

The particular fragrance in question is not a big seller at all. So, I would imagine it would be sitting for a while. Which is what makes things kind of concerning.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !