Code of Conduct

Thread: Rent jewelry?

Default Rent jewelry?

Hey!

So, Iíve really fallen in love with Roberto Coinís latest line. Itís BEAUTIFUL!!!! Iíve been on this site staring at it all day. (Enjoy!!! http://store.jrdunn.com/category_s/109.htm) But, I canít afford any of the pieces. Have you guys heard of renting jewelry? I have to go to this fundraiser in mid-April and Iíd love to have a beautiful piece of jewelry to wear. Since I canít afford it, Iím thinking of renting. Is this a bad idea? Has anyone used jewelry rentals before? Thanks in advance!!

Default Re: Rent jewelry?

Quite a few places over here do that renting thing , designer clothes / bags etc .... Its quite a good idea IMO , just a bummer handing them back if you fall in love with the item you rented

One can buy some look-alike pieces at discounters. Often the white gold becomes silver. If you must have the real thing, renting is an option.

I would rather have my own, even if not the "real thing."
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Also, in the tone of Primrose's advice, local antiquities shops often sell grand silver jewelry, many of whom in the tone you have showed to us on the page linked within your post, even original Art Nouveau, Art Deco, Arts & Crafts pieces at affordable prices

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Also, in the tone of Primrose's advice, local antiquities shops often sell grand silver jewelry, many of whom in the tone you have showed to us on the page linked within your post, even original Art Nouveau, Art Deco, Arts & Crafts pieces at affordable prices
    Great advice, Ken! In the U.S. you can buy antiques and resale jewellery online for decent prices. They are unique and real gold or silver.

If you must have the "real thing" of trendy jewellery, your only option is to pony up for the retail prices or rent.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.