Code of Conduct

Default Compliment Counter

Something i posted in the other compliments thread got me kinda thinking about this:

If, for the last 20 years, there was a "fragrance god" that took count of EVERY compliment from EVERY fragrance ever received , what would be the top 5 most complimented fragrances? remember guys, last twenty years.

and remember, this is not from only your personal experience.

Default Re: Compliment Counter

I don't know but I'd want to avoid those fragrances. Surely they're mediocre scents at best, created to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Compliments are over rated. Many compliments are given to strong scents or to people who overapply scents, not because the compliment is necessarily merited, but because the person may feel almost obliged to because you put so much of the damn stuff on that it appears (from their perspective) that you are looking for a comment of some sort. It would be like wearing neon shorts or a fur coat or something - it's so over the top that people are simply going to comment. In the case of scent, it often is in the form of a "compliment" because the person either can't - given the situation - or is too nice to say what they really think (which is usually more like "Well lookee there it's COLOGNE GUY!").

Wear scents for yourself. You don't restrict yourself to listening to the Top 10 songs of the month, do you, just because that's what the majority temporarily prefers?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sur la Plage

I find that Le Male gets the most compliments from men. It is a real sausage magnet.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Wear scents for yourself. You don't restrict yourself to listening to the Top 10 songs of the month, do you, just because that's what the majority temporarily prefers?[/QUOTE]

I guess if Le Male was a song, it would certainly be the equivant of the Macarena.

lol. guys. im not using this list as things to buy. im just curious about it. so if u can tell me ur opinions of what u think are the five most complimented fragrances in the last twenty years, not you personally, but just overall, thatd be great.

SculptureOfSoul - you need to stop jumping down peoples throat, like you did in my ISO E thread, tearing I must over apply and my ratio is too strong. Chill bro.

Let this guy have his thread before you get all philosophical about "wear for yourself, bla bla bla".

Really man. Chill OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by md1grwl View Post
    SculptureOfSoul - you need to stop jumping down peoples throat, like you did in my ISO E thread, tearing I must over apply and my ratio is too strong. Chill bro.

Let this guy have his thread before you get all philosophical about "wear for yourself, bla bla bla".

Really man. Chill OUT!
    lol thanks dude.

but can i get your opinion on the thread topic! lol 5 posts and no information

Quote Originally Posted by md1grwl View Post

Really man. Chill OUT!
    Jumping down your throat? I think you need to reread that thread. I simply pointed out how your concentration compared to the average scent, and was helping to explain why it had such crazy projection in comparison to most scents. Then I pointed out how that level is likely above the IFRA limits just as a precautionary warning, ultimately looking out for your health. I said that your concentration was strong, very strong compared to what would be in an average scent - I never said it was too much or to wear less or in any way actually dictate what you do. Please, get your facts straight before you make an accusation.

Regarding this thread, we have probably 50 threads already circulating regarding compliments, and the truth is there's no way we can know what the most complimented scents are. The results for this thread are going to be as subjective as the results on the "Which scent gets you the most female compliments?" thread.

The safest bet would be the best sellers for the last 20 years, as they are likely to be the most complimented simply because they are worn the most. Now, getting down to some kind of "compliment to wearing ratio" is again going to be very very subjective.

And if Jonny actually isn't going to use the results of this thread for any purchasing purpose, then there is even less purpose to it. Just another entirely subjective thread about compliments - which there is nothing wrong with in and of itself, except we've got so many of them already.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    lol thanks dude.

but can i get your opinion on the thread topic! lol 5 posts and no information
    Well I'm 26 years old so I'm by no means have the years put in to recall 20 years back... and I certinaly don't think I could even come up with 5 but I would say:

Armani Acqua Di Gio
    JPG Le Male

And after that I draw a blank. People tend to like either Fresh (ADG) or Sweet (Le Male) types of fragrances.

I will say in my, what, past 6 years of wearing fragrances 'seriously', I've got more compliments on pure ISO E Super (aka Molecule 01) then anything I've ever worn combine.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Jumping down your throat? I think you need to reread that thread. I simply pointed out how your concentration compared to the average scent, and was helping to explain why it had such crazy projection in comparison to most scents. Then I pointed out how that level is likely above the IFRA limits just as a precautionary warning, ultimately looking out for your health. I said that your concentration was strong, very strong compared to what would be in an average scent - I never said it was too much or to wear less or in any way actually dictate what you do. Please, get your facts straight before you make an accusation.

Regarding this thread, we have probably 50 threads already circulating regarding compliments, and the truth is there's no way we can know what the most complimented scents are. The results for this thread are going to be as subjective as the results on the "Which scent gets you the most female compliments?" thread.

The safest bet would be the best sellers for the last 20 years, as they are likely to be the most complimented simply because they are worn the most. Now, getting down to some kind of "compliment to wearing ratio" is again going to be very very subjective.

And if Jonny actually isn't going to use the results of this thread for any purchasing purpose, then there is even less purpose to it. Just another entirely subjective thread about compliments - which there is nothing wrong with in and of itself, except we've got so many of them already.
    ...total buzzkill

I've been reading the forum for about 2-3 weeks decided to sign up. This thread caught my eye for obvious reasons. I've always felt that you should always bring something to the table when you come to a new group so I took a few hours to update the list for everyone. I'm not as familiar with all the frags so I did the best I can. I didn't include the once mentioned colognes. I hope this is satisfactory.

Enjoy!

GREEN IRISH TWEED/CREED 71
    MILLESIMME IMPERIAL/ CREED 53
    KOUROS + BODY KOUROS 52
    ISSEY MIAYKE LÉAU DISSEY 38
    ROCHAS MAN 37
    RIVE GAUCHE 36
    SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER/ CREED 35
    TERRE ´D HERMES 33
    AQUA DI GIO/ ARMANI 33
    ALLURE HOMME/ CHANEL 30
    CODE BLACK/ ARMANI 30
    DIOR HOMME 30
    EGOISTE + EGOISTE PLATINUM/ CHANEL 29
    ALLURE HOMME SPORT/ CHANEL 28
    DOLCE & GABBANA POUR HOMME 27
    M7 + M7 FRESH 27
    JEAN PAUL GAULTIER LE MALE 27
    COOL WATER/ DAVIDOFF 25
    A*MEN/ THIERRY MUGLER 23
    CHROME/ AZZARO 23
    HANAE MORI 22
    ENVY/ GUCCI 20
    MUSC RAVAGEUR 20
    BLACK AOUD/ MONTALE 18
    FUEL FOR LIFE/ DIESEL 17
    ORIGINAL VETIVER/ CREED 15
    ANTAEUS 15
    LOLITA LEMPICKA 15
    THE DREAMER/ VERSACE 15
    PI/ GIVENCHY 14
    HAVANA + HAVANA RESERVA/ARAMIS 14
    OPIUM 14
    BLACK XS 13
    FIERCE 13
    LÁIR DU DESERT MAROCAIN 13
    CURVE 13
    THIERRY MUGLER COLOGNE 13
    JOOP! POUR HOMME 12
    L´INSTANT POUR HOMME 12
    BOIS DU PORTUGAL 11
    BLEECKER STREET/ BOND NO9 11
    ROSE 31 11
    BURBERRY LONDON 11
    FAHRENHEIT 11
    REACTION/ KENNETH COLE 11
    BVLGARI AQVA 11
    JOHN VARVATOS 11
    GUCCI POUR HOMME 10
    UNGARO III 10
    BURBERRY BRIT 10
    JAIPUR 10
    MICHAEL KORS FOR MEN 10
    BOSS / HUGO BOSS 10
    AZZARO POUR HOMME 10
    POLO BLUE 10
    BVLGARI EXTREME 9
    STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN 9
    BURBERRY TOUCH 9
    BOSS BOTTLED 9
    EQUIPAGE/ HERMES 8
    GUERLAIN VETIVER 8
    YATAGAN 8
    ANGEL FOR MEN 8
    DIRTY ENGLISH/ JUICY COUTURE 8
    GIER 8
    BEL AMI/ HERMES 7
    POLO DOUBLE BLACK 7
    UNBOUND 7
    HIMALAYA/ CREED 7
    LIVE JAZZ 7
    OBSESSION 7
    ETERNITY 7
    JEAN PATOU 7
    CHERGUI 6
    LANVIN ´L HOMME 6
    LOEWE SOLO 6
    MUSK KUBLAIN KHAN 6
    MURE ET MUSK 6
    OLD SPICE 6
    PARIS HILTON FOR MEN 6
    VERY SEXY/ VICTORIAS SECRET 6
    XERIOUS ROUGE 6
    AMBRE SULTAN/ SERGE LUTEN 5
    AQUA DI PARMA 5
    BULGARI BLACK 5
    BOGART POUR HOMME 5
    CARNAL FLOWER 5
    DOLCE & GABBANA BY 5
    DUNHILL EDITION 5
    HABIT ROUGE 5
    ORIGINAL SANTAL 5
    PENHALIGON CASTILE 5
    PURPLE LABEL 5
    RIVERSIDE DRIVE 5
    TOBACCO VANILLE/ TOM FORD 5
    TUSCANY/ ARAMIS 5
    VERY IRRESISTABLE/ GIVENCHY 5
    WALL STREET/ BOND NO 9 5
    KENNETH COLE BLACK 4
    VERSACE MAN 3
    YVES ST-LAURENT L'HOMME 3
    BVLGARI SOIR 3
    CHROME LEGEND/AZZARO 3
    BLACK ORCHID/TOM FORD 2
    AZURE LIME/TOM FORD 2
    UNFORGIVABLE/SEAN JOHN 2
    PRADA AMBER 2
    CARTIER PASHA 2
    CLIVE CHRISTIAN #1 2
    VERSACE EUA FREAICHE 2
    GUCCI RUSH 2
    VERSACE POUR HOMME 2
    ODIN OWARI 2
    NAUTICA VOYAGE 2
    TOM FORD FOR MEN 2
    GREY VETIVER/ TOM FORD 2
    AZZARO ONYX 2
    CARVEN HOMME 2
    CHIC FOR MEN/HERRERA 2
    ACIER ALUMINUM/CREED 2
    JOOP! NIGHTFLIGHT 2
    ROMA UOMO/LAURA BIAGIOTTI 2
    GEIR NESS 2
    Thanks to pipsta. The numbers represent how many people said that they got complements from the fragrance.

This is from the "Which scent gets you the most female compliments" thread.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I find that Le Male gets the most compliments from men. It is a real sausage magnet.
    I can't even begin to describe how much you made laugh right now!

(Le Male got me no compliments from either gender)

5 most complimented for the last 20 years in my opinion are

Acqua di Gio
    Davidoff Cool Water
    JPG Le Male
    Azzaro PH
    YSL Kouros
    Last edited by Zgb; 10th September 2010 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    I can't even begin to describe how much you made laugh right now!

(Le Male got me no compliments from either gender)
    reallly?!?! i simply cannot imagine that. it blows my mind how EVERY single time i am around people when i wear le male i have never failed to receive at least one compliment

reallly?!?! i simply cannot imagine that. it blows my mind how EVERY single time i am around people when i wear le male i have never failed to receive at least one compliment
    dunno, in my case attention getters are Versace PH, Azzaro Silver Black/Onyx, Moschino Uomo, Cerruti PH, Boss in motion Black, Gucci Envy.

It would seem to me that women in my surroundings are more drawn towards Aromatic fragrances...(envy and uomo are not aromatic, obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    dunno, in my case attention getters are Versace PH, Azzaro Silver Black/Onyx, Moschino Uomo, Cerruti PH, Boss in motion Black, Gucci Envy.

It would seem to me that women in my surroundings are more drawn towards Aromatic fragrances...(envy and uomo are not aromatic, obviously)

ive heard tihs is a big hit with the ladies. im very eager to try it.

Terre d'Hermes, Giorgio for Men, Carnal Flower.

Biggest compliment getters from my wardrobe are Black Aoud & Green Irish Tweed.

ive heard tihs is a big hit with the ladies. im very eager to try it.
    Gucci Envy is erotic and sensual, warm, spicy, elegant - a must have!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

It's great if your frag does the scoring with the ladies for you. The rest of us unfortunate mortals have to make do with our natural charms & killer wit. That's hard work, bro...

Gucci Envy indeed- at least, in my case

Angel men, green irish tweed, tobacco vanille,acier alumium, pure malt to name a few.

As far as compliments go it's hard to tell since the overly popular fragrances will overall have the most compliments because more people own them therefore more people are subjected to them. I think if somehow you could have the same amount of people subjected to them it'd be far easier to see what gets the most compliments.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Compliments are over rated. Many compliments are given to strong scents or to people who overapply scents, not because the compliment is necessarily merited, but because the person may feel almost obliged to because you put so much of the damn stuff on that it appears (from their perspective) that you are looking for a comment of some sort.
    This, plus other factors such as personality, where you are located and the type of company you are with all affect whether or not you get a compliment. Others' accounts of compliments bear little if any relevant information about how it will perform with you wearing it.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense