Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Yves Saint Laurent L’Homme Cologne Gingembre

From fragrantica.com:

Yves Saint Laurent presents the new edition of their modern masculine fragranceL'Homme from 2006 – the fresh and spicy fragrance named L'Homme Cologne Gingembre. L'Homme Cologne Gingembre represents a contemporary interpretation of classic male colognes, enriched with ginger as the most refreshing of all the spices. Elegant, clean and invigorating, this fragrance is emerging as a new magnetic weapon of seduction in the upcoming hot days.

Classical fresh notes of Calabrian bergamot and ozone aquatic accords at the top, give way to the modern aromatic - spicy fusion of Chinese ginger, white pepper from Madagascar and basil. The base is masculine and sensual with woody notes of cedar, oak moss and vetiver from Haiti, completed by a hint of musk.

Top notes: aquatic notes, bergamot
    Heart: ginger, white pepper, basil, violet leaf
    Base: vetiver, cedar, musk, oak moss

The new bottle is made of frosted glass, retaining the original shape. The fragrance will be available from April in quantities of 60 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Not quite sure what to think of this but Ginger sure seems popular for flankers these days. Dior homme sport, Burberry sport, now this.

Default Re: New Fragrance: Yves Saint Laurent L’Homme Cologne Gingembre

Hmmm... At the offset I would state 'trend followers" BUT then again it's YSL and this is THE men's fragarence power house! Considering their last offering was so / so, this new one should be in its right a STONKER along the par of opium / rive gauche etc...
    Well lets hope anyway!

Interesting, I'm sure I'll at least pickup a sample. I'm a fan of their recent releases personally.
    Reviews geared for the younger crowd: www.thecolognereview.com

Currently hosting bottle splits of Bond No. 9 Bleecker St, and Creed Selection Verte ///PM details

Hmmm... At the offset I would state 'trend followers" BUT then again it's YSL and this is THE men's fragarence power house! Considering their last offering was so / so, this new one should be in its right a STONKER along the par of opium / rive gauche etc...
    Well lets hope anyway!

Sur la Plage

I'm not too optimistic. I will try it if I come across it - but won't be making any special trips......
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Will definitely become part of my collection when available.

Well, trying won't hurt, right? Sick of flankers, though. Come up with something new for pete's sake.

I'll probably get this. I have a weak spot for L'Homme.

I love true ginger notes and I think this is the most attractive bottle in the range. I'll be keeping an eye out for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I'm not too optimistic. I will try it if I come across it - but won't be making any special trips......
    Same here, I like L'homme but the longevity is poor. I would be curious to see how this smells compared to Dior Homme Sport, and Fahrenheit Aqua (as initial reports are coming in that it smells like DHS)

I need to try this one, I love the original L'Homme

Should be a nice summer fragrance... if it lasts at least 6 hours on my skin.

more ginger?

I'm not too optimistic either.But surely looking forward to try it.

"this fragrance is emerging as a new magnetic weapon of seduction in the upcoming hot days."

Lord.

I'll still try it though. I like ginger, so hopefully it's decently present here.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Blog Entries

Wow, a ginger-aquatic chypre!

I wonder what's next?!
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

What is going on with ginger? Does people love it so much? It is everywhere! Can someone tell the people of L'Oreal, please, to be more creatieve?

@Pollux- Better ginger than oud, that's all I'm sayin'. :-)

cologne?? not toilette.. hmmmm

Le sigh.

Banned

is this eau de toilette, or eau de cologne?

Really curious to see how this will turn out! The only ginger which I like at the moment is Five O'Clock Au Gingembre, a warm and inviting ginger. This was be a light, aquatic, refreshing spicy ginger!

Already own Dior Homme Sport and planning on getting YSL Opium pour Homme (which has a galanga note; ginger-family related) soon. Hope this one's good.

Anything that beefs up L'Homme and gives it some legs would be very welcomed by me.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

So basically, L’Homme Sport?..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    "this fragrance is emerging as a new magnetic weapon of seduction in the upcoming hot days."

Lord.

I'll still try it though. I like ginger, so hopefully it's decently present here.
    LOL

My feelings exactly.

This was on sale in Rome last week - had just come out. I tried it on one hand, with Chanel Pour Monsieur (non-concentree) on the other. I really wanted to like this one, since I have 3 different L'Hommes now (original, and Nuit as EDT and Parfum). Sadly, it did not compare to the Chanel, or even to my memory of L'Homme. I did not bother to get it.

Let me try to put the best possible spin on it. It is exactly as advertised - a COLOGNE version of L'Homme - and it really seems like a normal ye olde eau de cologne - with ginger as the most noticeable note. It is very clean and non-cloying - almost "non-there", so it does really come off as a cologne. However, quite frankly, I'd rather own a Guerlain eau de cologne. But this may still have some appeal for people who want a real cologne but in a modern format - not like an old citrus EDC.

Not bad, but not for me. La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum - that was my style, and a good buy. For a gingery/sparkly/zippy/zingy cologne, I would recommend L'Eau de Jatamansi before this. But this is somewhat cheaper.

'Gingembre' is a terrible name, though. 'Ginge' in the UK is a term of sharp ridicule and abuse (I don't say that this is right, obviously, merely that it's the case). From the film '24 Hour Party People', for instance: 'Mick Hucknall? His music's shit and he's a ginge.'