Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Default Tried some more Creeds yesterday.

    I was able to sample some more Creed fragrances yesterday.

    Re-sampled Erolfa. I was perhaps a little harsh with my inital impressions. It's like a slightly sour MI with the ambergris being held down by the citrus notes. I'm really warming to it.

    Original Vetiver was next. Very fresh scent, but I have Mugler Cologne and OV isn't a massive improvement so I cannot ever see me buying it.

    Bois de Portugal is just class in a bottle. I don't get the 'old man' association at all. It's a really classy, woody scent.

    Tabarome Millesime reminded me a lot of Parma Violet sweets. Very wearable, classy fragrance that is definitely unique. I've never smelled anything like it.

    I'm tempted to pull the trigger on some Green Valley from Ebay (30ml) as it's no longer made, according to Les Senteurs.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tried some more Creeds yesterday.

    Some great fragrances you have tried there. I have them all in my collection, and absolutly agreed what you say. Tabarome Millesime, Erolfa and Bois du Portugal has also very god staying power and sillage. Yes, Erolfa is "dirtier" than M-I, and makes it more intresting. BDP, is fantastic! White shirt is a must!

  3. #3
    Tarheel Golfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,622
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Tried some more Creeds yesterday.

    I have also now tried what I guess would be their 5 most popular, GIT, Himalaya, Erolfa, SMW, and MI.

    I love the top notes of GIT, but really don't like the base at all. Similar story with Himalaya.

    I would agree that Erolfa and MI are very similar. I would describe Erolfa as a slightly"saltier" version of MI, rather than "sour" or "dirty". MI is sweeter, and I really like it, but it is one of the few frags that even I have poor longevity with. Erolfa is my favorite Creed that I have tried, and the only one that I think I would actually spend that kind of money on.

    I like SMW, and find the base to be similar to Erolfa and MI (which I love). I don't like the top (which I find a bit inking and metallic) quite as much as I do Erolfa or MI.

    Anyway, like I said, if I was going to pay Creed prices for a fragrance it would be Erolfa. Smells great, and actually has great longevity on me. Ranking them from favorite to least favorite that I have tried: 1) Erolfa, 2) MI, 3) SMW, 4) GIT, and 5) Himalaya.

    BdP doesn't sound like my cup of tea, but I will probably be looking to try GV or OV next.

  4. #4
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Tried some more Creeds yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by crispsandwich View Post
    Bois de Portugal is just class in a bottle.
    I definitely agree on this.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  5. #5

    Default Re: Tried some more Creeds yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Golfer View Post
    I have also now tried what I guess would be their 5 most popular, GIT, Himalaya, Erolfa, SMW, and MI.
    That's probably close. But I tend to think the ones they support with soap and shower gel are probably indicators of what's moving fastest, so I think it's more like:

    GIT
    ORIGINAL VETIVER
    ORIGINAL SANTAL
    SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER
    VIRGIN ISLAND WATER
    HIMALAYA

    I tend to think Erolfa gets overshadowed by MI.

    OR, maybe it's for some reason easier to put out soaps, shower gels on their newer scents for some reason.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Tried some more Creeds yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I definitely agree on this.
    for sure , it is my favorite, classical and sharp.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Tried some more Creeds yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    That's probably close. But I tend to think the ones they support with soap and shower gel are probably indicators of what's moving fastest, so I think it's more like:

    GIT
    ORIGINAL VETIVER
    ORIGINAL SANTAL
    SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER
    VIRGIN ISLAND WATER
    HIMALAYA

    I tend to think Erolfa gets overshadowed by MI.

    OR, maybe it's for some reason easier to put out soaps, shower gels on their newer scents for some reason.
    From what I know the ones that are transferred to grooming good are the ones that Olivier himself considers to match the fragrance, if he does not think it matches it will not be in the grooming line until it does. Therefore, it is a waiting game among other things. Most of the modern ones made by him one will get more access to the grooming items, git has everything because cary grant wanted a whole body grooming kit of git and therefore now the public can buy it.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Tried some more Creeds yesterday.

    BdP: I wish I'd have discovered it half a lifetime ago. I was immediately sold and placed my order. My 1st bottle is set to arrive on the 14th of this month along with 4oz of Acier Aluminum.

    Can't wait to sample their next release.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Tried some more Creeds yesterday.

    I'm trying hard not to be a Creed fanboy, but I find myself wearing SMW more than about anything else, with my other three (GIT, OV, and MI) getting a lot of wear as well. They may not be the epitome of niche perfumery, but they work very well for me. I don't buy them at full retail, mind you.

    I just ordered samples of BdP, Aventus, and Himalaya as I'd been intending to do for a while. Thanks for the reminder!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Tried some more Creeds yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by A. Homme View Post
    I'm trying hard not to be a Creed fanboy, but I find myself wearing SMW more than about anything else, with my other three (GIT, OV, and MI) getting a lot of wear as well. They may not be the epitome of niche perfumery, but they work very well for me. I don't buy them at full retail, mind you.

    I just ordered samples of BdP, Aventus, and Himalaya as I'd been intending to do for a while. Thanks for the reminder!
    I love Aventus. It might be my new favorite Creed scent.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

  11. #11

    Default Re: Tried some more Creeds yesterday.

    So do I. When the kids and I went to Nordy's this afternoon, about 5 sprays went on just because one of the Nordy's staff had enquired about it with a customer and I'd overheard a couple weeks back. She was working today and I said ''By the way, this is Aventus.'' You know that look girls get when they're discovering boys? Yeah. Erwin knew what he was doing with this one.

    And no....I'm happily married. :-)

  12. #12

    Default Re: Tried some more Creeds yesterday.

    Bois du Portugal all the way I'd never pay the price for those aquatic/fresh fragrances. Save that up for an Amouage or Frederic Malle.

Similar Threads

  1. Just bought M7 yesterday
    By Xen in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18th October 2006, 10:09 AM
  2. Yesterday, my name was MUD!
    By SixCats in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 7th May 2006, 10:07 PM
  3. My Creeds came in yesterday!
    By madgradrx in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 4th July 2005, 05:11 PM
  4. Yesterday, my name was MUD!
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM
  5. My Creeds came in yesterday!
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •