Code of Conduct

Default Smells like fall

What frags are the best 'smell like fall' scents? I love my Allure during the fall, as well as Terre Hermes.

I could always use another bottle lol.

Default Re: Smells like fall

Bel Ami smells like fall to me.
    The Bark Bites Back.

In my opinion, I love that the scents I wear during fall - without being gourmands - suggest the "usual" smells of fall, including: dry leaves, smoke, wood, ripe fruit, mainly grapes, fog, wine, almost wintry spices, damp earth

I always felt that, more or less, fragrances like: Aramis Classic and Tuscany, Azzaro PH, Chanel Antaeus, Ungaro III, Givenchy Gentleman are among to ones not just suitable for autumn wear, but even capable to convey the sensation of "autumn smells"

I get a great fall vibe from Burberry London. The longevity is about 4-5 hrs on me (which is why I didn't buy it; I want it to last the whole 7 hr school day), but if you can reapply the boozy smell is very nice, and coupled with the gingerbread scent I get, it's unbeatable for a nice, cool fall day.

Nothing says fall like Leonard.

Rive Gauche YSL

Gucci Pour Homme I
    L'Anarchiste (bought this in the summer, wanna get to know it better)
    Terre D'Hermes
    Pirate (AromaSanctum)
    Straight To Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNerd View Post
    I get a great fall vibe from Burberry London. The longevity is about 4-5 hrs on me (which is why I didn't buy it; I want it to last the whole 7 hr school day), but if you can reapply the boozy smell is very nice, and coupled with the gingerbread scent I get, it's unbeatable for a nice, cool fall day.
    London was my first thought too. Also, L'Artisan Voleur de Roses is a good fall scent, as are many other patchouli-based scents.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Blog Entries

Magie Noire.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

London, Encre Noire, Narciso Rodriguez For Him Musc, maybe tobacco vanille.

Maybe something like Hugo Boss Elements

Eav Des Bavx
    L'Anarchiste
    Fierce
    Rocabar
    London
    Orange Spice
    Jubilation XXV

Michael Kors Michael for Men. It has a sweet and spicy quality that reminds me of the scent of fallen leaves.

Burberry London, Michael for Men, Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford, Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille, L'Artisan Tea For Two, Encens Flamboyant by Annick Goutal, Messe de Minuit by Etro... are some of the scents I get fall-vibes from. None of them actually smells like the fall. I wish I could find a fragrance that smelled just like a fall day, with fresh air, fallen leaves and too ripe apples.

Sur la Plage

Caron L'Anarchiste
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

DeepSilence

Rochas Man
    Allure
    Venezia Uomo(Discontinued)
    Drakkar Noir
    Aramis Devin
    Open by Roger & Gallet
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 12th September 2010 at 01:32 AM.

I vote for London ,too!!!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

encre noir....rain and burning leaves...polo also
    Knize Ten !

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    Burberry London, Michael for Men, Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford, Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille, L'Artisan Tea For Two, Encens Flamboyant by Annick Goutal, Messe de Minuit by Etro... are some of the scents I get fall-vibes from. None of them actually smells like the fall. I wish I could find a fragrance that smelled just like a fall day, with fresh air, fallen leaves and too ripe apples.
    There are a few to check out. I think L'Anarchiste smells a lot like autumn, cinnamon/apples/woods with a nice warm musky base.

I've found one closer to the scent you are describing though. Skarb by Humiecki and Graef. Skarb opens with a faint hint of lemon, it smells more like real frankincense smoke (which is far more lemony than most people think). Quickly a dry grass or straw or haylike note joins in, along with the roman chamomile note which provides a "too ripe apple accord" (roman chamomile is well known to smell like apples. The word chamomile comes from greek and actually means "earth apples.")

All of this is over a slightly salty and dry lovage note along with some myrrh and woods. It smells very yellow and dry, and yet fresh and very alive and natural, too.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Regarding the initial question, here are some absolute MUST SNIFF scents for fall:

Caron L'Anarchiste
    MPG Bois de Turquie
    Davidoff Adventure
    Burberry London
    Parfum d'Empire Wazamba
    H&G Skarb
    Let Me Play The Lion
    Jubilation XXV
    M7
    Al Oudh
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Creed Tabarome Millesime

fountain

l'eau bleue d'issey pour homme has this early september melancholy about it.

Sycomore smells like fall to me. Whereas a scent I find quite similar, Terre d'Hermes, smells like summer and barbecues... Sycomore is more the smoky, fallen-leaves autumn essence.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

2 Man by Comme des Garcons.

In one way or another:

Patou pour Homme
    Leonard pour Homme
    Ungaro 1
    Jules
    Yatagan
    Sycomore
    Bel Ami
    Fumerie Turque
    Black Aoud
    Azzaro pour Homme
    Balenciaga pour Homme
    Montana Parfum d'Homme
    Patchouli 24
    Cuir Mauresque
    Jubilation XXV
    Or Black
    Kouros
    Paco Rabanne pour Homme
    Z-14
    M7
    Chene
    L'Air du Desert Marocain
    Egoiste
    Eau des Iles
    Zino Davidoff
    3rd Man
    JHL

Blog Entries

Mitsouko; a fragrance for all Seasons. Aso Tumulte by Christian Lacroix, Parfum Sacre by Caron, Aomassai by PG, Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens, and Kyoto.

For Fall, I like Ralph Lauren's Pig Pony 2 with it's notes of chocolate and musk. Here is a review of the fragrance by Chandler Burr:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.3567156.html

I experience very good longevity with this fragrance. I picked up a friend from the airport about 9 hours after applying Big Pony 2. When she embraced me, she immediately remarked that I was wearing a beautiful scent.

Last edited by Bossa Nova; 11th September 2010 at 10:33 PM.

Amouage Tribute is fall

In no particular order in my collection:

Odin 04 Petrana, Jubilation XXV, Burberry London/LondonSE, Polo Green, John Varvatos Vintage.

There are a lot of great ones for Fall. The one that I will always reach for each year when the first chill hits the air is Michael Kors for Men. The whole scent is just explicitly all about Autumn from top to bottom.

I'll be busting out Mouchoir de Monsieur soon

Kenzo Tokyo
    Narciso Rodriguez

yATAGAN
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

SL Chene

a BIG +1 to YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

PdN Patchouli Homme
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

This thread made me spray some London on my wrist. Damn it is good.
    I cannot believe it took me 3 testings to GET it.

green irish tweed,tobacco vanille.

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius32 View Post
    This thread made me spray some London on my wrist. Damn it is good.
    I cannot believe it took me 3 testings to GET it.
    I think of London when I think of Fall/winter. i love it, but it fades WAY too fast. =(

Patchouli Noir by Il Profvmo...

Hell... fleurs d'oranger give me an autumn vibe to it (here in Seville, autumn it's not what it's on other places )

Add a few Hermes, all give me autumn/winter feels: rocabar, Terre, Apres le Mousson...

For Him Musc Edition by Narciso Rodriguez

L'Occitane L'Occitan
    L'Occitane Eau des Baux
    VCA PH
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EdP
    Rocas Lui
    Gucci Rush for Men
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Bulgari Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNerd View Post
    +1. My wife and I got married in October of 2006. I picked out a scent Id wear for the first time on our wedding and then wear to the honeymoon in Italy. It was Burberry London when it first came out. The smell of London on the wedding night and then on the cool Italian nights in Tuscany, Amalfi coast, etc will never be far from my mind. I look forward to wearing it every time the cool weather comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
    For Fall, I like Ralph Lauren's Pig Pony 2 with it's notes of chocolate and musk. Here is a review of the fragrance by Chandler Burr:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.3567156.html

I experience very good longevity with this fragrance. I picked up a friend from the airport about 9 hours after applying Big Pony 2. When she embraced me, she immediately remarked that I was wearing a beautiful scent.
    Funny. Of all of these this is the one that I mentioned here once and that I like the best. Its the one that isn't too "youthful" to me.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan