Code of Conduct

Default The Mysteri Joop Homme..

Can someone explane to me why one of the most un-masculine, sickenly candy-sweet scents on the market still is on the best-seller lists after all these years? I can`t imagine this syrup on a man..

fountain

Default Re: The Mysteri Joop Homme..

i can, easily: it's an excellent scent that a lot of people do not find sickeningly sweet.

Default The Mysteri Joop Homme..

I don't wear it much any more, but when I did wear it a lot, I always got tons of compliments from the females I worked around (college age). The key is to not over apply. It is really strong!

It's not about "artistry" but rather "culture." Why do people flock to see the usual Hollywood blockbuster, when these films are usually just the same idea with some details changed?

Blog Entries

I don't wear it often, but I have Joop in my collection and find it quite a nice fragrance; loud, but nice.

I was at a concert last night and the man in front of me was wearing it. It brought me back a few years, as I hadn't smelled it in a while and was surprised that someone was wearing it. I can't say I hate it...but I can't say I like it either. But it certainly is distinctive. Then again, something about it is all wrong. It's like the pine tree air freshner of men's colognes. Whatever you do, don't unwrap it all at once, or you won't be able to drive your car without rolling down the window. Know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Fountain View Post
    i can, easily: it's an excellent scent that a lot of people do not find sickeningly sweet.
    Yes it is a classic and a excellent unique scent for men -

Why don't you rant on why crap like Aqua di Gio stays on the best seller list - huh?

Joop! Homme in my opinion is a classic, a love or hate perfume. It is a beast that works well in smokey smelly nightclubs to get the lads noticed. It must work.
    "What out, you might get what you're after" Talking Heads

Amazing sillage and longevity might be attributes some are looking for and get in it in Joop!. Others don't, so they will rule it out and choose... Aqua Di Gio, for example.

In my case, I am among the first ones; however, I am a sillage-conscious user living in a place were dousing oneself in fragrance is criticized but tolerated. Thus, whenever I use it, I go easy on the trigger. BTW, I also like it because I find it more complex than the average present day fragrances.

Blog Entries

Wear it a few more times, it wont seem as sweet and youll notice how complex it actually is

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Joop! Homme, moderately applied, is actually a very nice frag. Groundbreaking at its launch, and still holding its own in sales today.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I agree with perfaddict. It's pretty unique, as it's one of the few mainstream fruity gourmands. Not to mention it's huge 80's like powerhouse projection.

I'm one of the haters. I tried to like it: I really did... I bought it once and gave it away. Some time later I bought it again and tried to get myself used to it and then it got stolen from my work desk. I shed no tears. The sillage and longevity are the reasons for its popularity IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Yes it is a classic and a excellent unique scent for men -

Why don't you rant on why crap like Aqua di Gio stays on the best seller list - huh?
    Yeh, that one too!

This reminds me I need to test this ASAP...

Blog Entries

After wearing Pure Malt for 3 days straight, and now JOOP! Homme today, i've gotta say they're actually really similar in their late dry downs. The sweet, casky wood is in both of them

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Yeh, that one too!
    Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Many people may not find it that sweet. In fact, an acquaintance just mentioned that he found Joop Homme more wearabe than Le Male. I'll keep it in mind to test it when I have a chance.

i spalshed on some aftershave yesterday in the afternoon and this morning my entire living room still reeked of Joop!

***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more