Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Bang! Kinda like it!

I asked the Nordies SA how Bang was selling last night. As expected, she said it was a hard sell, with all the stark pepper and woods. When I walked up, she didn't even acknowledge its existence, and steered me right to The One Gentleman and some new Issey Miyake flanker. I also asked if maybe Mugler might re-release Pure Coffee to go along with Pure Malt, and she said she hoped so because Coffee sold more than Malt ever did. So hopefully the big retailers are breathing down Mugler's neck about this, and we'll see Pure Coffee again! Anyway, I think she was impressed that I'd even ask such questions, and I walked out with several samples!
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 14th October 2010 at 05:15 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kinok View Post
    ....Then I got really sad because it smelled a nuclear pepper explosion....
    SotD yesterday. Beautiful fragrance. A drier Terre d'Hermes and an understated Declaration. The initial pepper onslaught makes me wonder if "Ka-Pow!" wont have been a better name, except it does not sound as bankable as "Bang". The pepper is so strong it makes me sneeze It brings to my mind the explosive sound effects of Frankie Goes to Hollywood's 1984 hit "Welcome to the Pleasuredome". The middle and base notes are understated but distinct. I still smelt whiffs of bang at the end of the work-day.

A thought: if pepper is used to desensitize dogs from following a scent trail, could the authentic pepper aroma-chemicals of Bang (and other pepper-laden frags) cause a certain level of anosmia in humans? Could this be responsible for variations in perception of longevity in reviews?
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!
    Currently wearing: Royal Water by Creed

I went to Nord's yesterday and grabbed myself a sample of Pure Malt.

So I'm in there and have no scent on so I decide to give Bang another shot. Give myself a shot to each arm and one to the chest and go on my merry way a happy puppy about my PM sample.

I meet up with one of my female friends and I ask her what she thinks of the cologne I have on and she says she likes it but she'll say that about anything I'm wearing. So I explain that I'm testing this one out and not sure if I like it yet to give me her honest opinion. She gives me a good smell and says it's masculine but it smells like I was in the kitchen, like pepper. She says it's not her favorite but it doesn't smell bad.

All throughout the day I'm craving steak every time I get a pepper whiff. It's not all that bad but really there isn't anything about this cologne that makes me want to wear it. So Bang is still a bust for me.
    Last edited by Pipsta; 17th October 2010 at 01:49 AM.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Finally tried it today. Pepper. Bitter lemon. A tiny, insignificant wisp of patchouli and cedar? And then more pepper. Finally, pepper. And a bit of musk. Musky pepper, bordering on armpit odor. More wood, thankfully. And then it's all over.

It's okay, but one-dimensional. I love black pepper and put it on practically everything I eat, but does that mean I want to wear it? If it were backed by something a little richer, muskier, and woodier, perhaps. Bang is distinctive, but thin. Great bottle, though.

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post

A thought: if pepper is used to desensitize dogs from following a scent trail, could the authentic pepper aroma-chemicals of Bang (and other pepper-laden frags) cause a certain level of anosmia in humans? Could this be responsible for variations in perception of longevity in reviews?
    You may be onto something there.

Not bad. Lasts a while, though does not develop into anything more interesting. Pepper, very sharp, almost making you sneeze type of pepper, thats about all I get. Id probably get a small bottle if it was around $25, but it sure as hell aint worth its $60 price tag.

Nearly two years later, I will say that it is a very good scent. I once wore 6 sprays...WOW, 4 today is too much!

I think it's a 3 shot deal for me. Very clean and professional, and nichey in presentation. I think the components do make the wearer a little oblivious to it, but iso-E does that, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    hated it. just smelled like pepper to me
    Didn't care for it either.

This is my favorite designer fragrance of the last few years. You do have to like black pepper, though!

My wife really likes it on me, more than I do to be honest. I overdid it today with the 4 sprays! But she'll like it this evening.

A guy in my church really liked it when he smelled it on me, so I bought him a bottle as a get-well present after some recent surgery he went through. He and his wife just had their first child recently, so he is progressing nicely.

I love BANG and am still waiting to try BANG Blue. Coty seems to always get rid of the few things of theirs that I like. CK One Shock is gone and now this. I hear Encounter is similar, but the Coty rep says it's like a watered down version of Bang.. I should get it this week and we will see.
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    True, it's pepper + pepper + ISO E + pepper with some vetiver in there somewhere;
    This is not for me.