Code of Conduct

Default SOTD - Sunday September 12th

It's almost 9 am in my timezone..yawwn.
    Felt like something invigorating to jazz up my morning, so....

Chanel Day 3!

Default Re: SOTD - Sunday September 12th

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

DIORESSENCE

Vintage Parfum

The true essence of Dior

Have a great Sunday everybody

LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus

It's a Rive Gauche kind of morning here.
    I have to take my youngest son to the train station
    as he sets of round europe on a two-week inter-rail
    trip. After his Gap Year round the world in 2008, this will be a
    doddle! Hopefully after this he will settle down and finish his
    final year at Uni. He's a Sagittarius - what did I expect!!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Hello all.
    A sample of Narciso Rodriguez Musc For Her oil version.
    DONNA

It is raining like cats and dogs over here...
    wearing Sofia Detaille Perfume

In memory of Robert White, and in celebration of my 11 year wedding anniversary today, I'm wearing Derby from the Les Parisiennes line.

Basenotes Plus

Have a great day Mr and Mrs Dimitriadis !.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 12th September 2010 at 10:11 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Happy Anniversary Dimitri!

I'm in Black Aoud today. I had one of those "Cant Decide What to Wear" days and ended up picking BA at random. Anyone else have days like this?
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Angel Men Sunessence Edition Orage d`Ete. Happy Anniversary Dimi!

Notes include mandarin, green coffee and patchouli.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Happy Anniversary Dimitri, I hope you both have a wonderful day!

My SotD is Crystal Noir by Versace, with notes of aldehydes, tuberose,
    orange blossom, gardenia, coconut , cherry and grapefruit

I'm wearing [B][SIZ E="5"]Vicolo Fiori

Happy anniversary to Dimitri and Mira.
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Awwwww! Thanks you guys!!

My gorgeous lady (who happens to be a fabulous baker!) just pulled some profiteroles out of the oven a few hours ago! You're all invited to feast on them!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

In a slump today. Too much family drama recently.

But I'm brightening my mood with CDG Series 2 Red Carnation from a sample and trying to decide whether to buy a FB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Awwwww! Thanks you guys!!

My gorgeous lady (who happens to be a fabulous baker!) just pulled some profiteroles out of the oven a few hours ago! You're all invited to feast on them!

Drooling !!! Have a wonderful anniversary you two!

Eau Claire des Merveilles.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Basenotes Plus

Happy anniversary, Mr & Mrs Dimi! Profiteroles, how divine! Here's something to go with:

Guerlain Tonka Imperiale. A beautiful fragrance, I love the aromatic notes that balance and "rough up" the sweetness of tonka bean.
    Notes: bergamot, bitter almond, rosemary, jasmine, tonka, tobacco, incense, cedar, pine

Cheers, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Guerlain's Eau de Shalimar, officially Mathilde Laurent's Shalimar Light unaltered under a new name but in reality a deconstructed formula of dusty orangy vanilla, a shoddy trick to connoisseurs yet as immediately toothsome as the crème anglaise that Earnest Beaux once so belittled. I can't but love it.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Lalique pour Homme Equus this morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Happy Anni to Dimi and Mira and many more years together, sharing and inspiring!

It is Jacques Fath's Birthday (9/12/1912), please mark your calendars if things like this are of interest. He was one of the Trinity, to quote myself.

Mauboussin Emotion Divine today for the AM.

Basenotes Plus

Happy anniversary to Mira, artist & baker extrordinaire, and to our dear Dimitri. MWAH! to both of you.

SOTD is a sentimental favorite (which I'm afraid I tend to hoard), Caron Fleurs de Rocaille parfum. A gift from a divine basenoter who knew I regretted swapping mine away.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Happy anniversary Dimi & bride

I envy your son his experiences, kewart. My daughter's been traveling in circles, so to speak. Please excuse my boastfulness:

That's right — 40 miles!

Candy Perfume Boy, yes, can relate big time.
    30 Roses, would whisk you away to Fantasy Island for a break if I could.
    Bigarade Concentree for me.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

SotE -

Basenotes Institution

Happy Anniversary Wishes to Dear Mira and Dimitri - many many more to come !

Scent of the morning is Mitsouko .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Happy Anniversary, Dimitri and Mira!

((hug)) to 30 Roses. Family dramas are so draining.

I’m wearing No. 5 Eau Première. Ernest Beaux must be rolling in his grave, Mr. G, because I smell a bit like citrus tinged crème anglais today, too. ♥

Thank you again for all the b’day wishes yesterday. I didn’t get my way, we went to the restaurant. I feel tired and hung over this morning, but I only had one glass of Prosecco and one glass of red wine the whole evening. My capacity is shot.

Sotd is L'heure bleue edp. This has been my sotd the last couple of days since I brought it with me on the weekend in Oslo. A friend I've known since I was ...5 got married,so decided I defenitely needed to be there! Other good news is that I can finally move into an apartment on my own. Been living with my dad the last three months,so it's gonna be good to have some time alone too now. I even got my nr 1 choice studenthousing! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to Dimitri and Mira! Hope you have a fantastic day!

My scent of the day, were it an ELDO, would be something like "Filthy Gardener" or if a Demeter would be "Rot in the September Garden"... as I rushed this morning to beat the rain to pull up some spent cucumber vines and clear out some exasperatingly persistent grass. I stink, but weirdly in a good way. I believe that I am either truly mad, or have come to appreciate scent in a way I never did before I discovered Basenotes!

After a shower, I think I'll don something fitting for a damp and warm September day...hmm...hmm...will get back to you on this!

And congrats to Dimi and Mira, happy anniversary!

Good to hear that you are getting your own place, Ineespenes!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

SotE is Opium.

Basenotes Institution

It's a HOT one outside and we're going to an outdoor food/arts festival near Downtown Miami...so I decided to reach for this one even though I rarely wear it in Summer. Let's see how it goes:

Arabie by Serge Lutens

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Happy anniversary my dear Dimi!

FLEUR DU MALE

this evening

Hey y'all -

We're back from the US Open and the most exciting two weeks of tennis you could ever hope for...well, almost. We left a day early due to the non-Federer final (...although huge congrats to Nadal and Djokovic are definitely called for!) and the fact that fiance's ready to sit on his own couch and watch football....sigh.

Hope all is well here - Happy Belated Birthday to Lilybelle and anyone else I missed, and Happy Anniversary to Dimi and Wife!

I found my perfect golden rose in New York (with thanks to everyone who pointed me in the right direction!) in Rosine's glorious Rose d'Eté, my sotd.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Boxeuse SL
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Ah, Evangeline, your Rose d'Ete sounds lovely.

I am in JoAnne Bassett's Le Voyage again today... it's "springlike" quality is actually perfect for the day, as my garden is in its late summer throes of re-blooming tomato plants (fingers crossed that they make green tomatoes for relishes!) and the soil is full of the smells of spring again, from the rain and turning over fresh soil when pulling weeds. And as I'm fresh from the shower, and it's only in the 70's... yes. Le Voyage is perfect for this afternoon.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Plus

Afternoon scent change....it feels chilly to me. I'm switching things up with Tom Ford Amber Absolute & a cuppa coffee.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Hey y'all -

We're back from the US Open and the most exciting two weeks of tennis you could ever hope for...well, almost. We left a day early due to the non-Federer final (...although huge congrats to Nadal and Djokovic are definitely called for!) and the fact that fiance's ready to sit on his own couch and watch football....sigh.

OMG...you were at the US Open???

Here I am,sleepless in my timezone at 2+ am & typing inane replies to various online forum threads!

I was actually glad the Joker nailed Federer down, but am not sure who I'd like to win the title.

Isn't Clijsters just AMAZING???

Quote Originally Posted by domperrier View Post
    OMG...you were at the US Open???

I was actually glad the Joker nailed Federer down, but am not sure who I'd like to win the title.

Isn't Clijsters just AMAZING???
    Yep! I like Novak too, but I so very badly wanted to witness history being made with the Federer/Nadal US Open dream final. But Nadal will win the title, and that'll be pretty exciting and historical as well.

Kim Clijsters is a learning robot.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Lipstick Rose here. Sadly my bottle is turning, the opening is definitely a bit hinky, but it had settled down nicely by the time I met Pippedydee at Bicester today. She was smelling exquisite in Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel. We found some bargains in the Penhaligons outlet store.

I finished my 21 samples in 21 days challenge (http://www.basenotes.net/entries/129...-my-sample-box ). I found it quite hard just testing one sample at a time but it did pay off in really getting to know each scent. It's lovely being back to full size favourites now.

My lovely new bottle of Tauer's Un Rose Chypree. Gorgeous, rich, dark, skinscent.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SOTD - Sunday September 12th

Layering of Tilleul by D'Orsay and Vent Vert by Balmain.

N_Tesla you smell amazing, what an interesting combination....I love layering experiments. I must try that one.

I am also in Vent Vert...the vintage parfum. It's cold & rainy here, been curled up inside with my daughters watching movies while my bolognese sauce simmers away....

Happy Anniversary Dimitri- those profiteroles look divine...and 30Roses I'm sorry about your family drama. I have some intense stuff going on too. It's exhausting.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Tabac Blond today.

Happy anniversary Dimitri, Derby is the perfect scent!

Dzing!
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Happy Anniversary, Dimi and Mira !
    Happy belated birthdays to all !

Catching up on rest, after many events chez Meister.
    Busy, crazy summer- J back in school.

L'Shana Tova to all, and a peaceful end to Ramadan, plus Ethiopian New Year !

SOTD : Kalimantan.

Tabac Blond parfum for a pow wow today....been feeling really stressed out trying to get everything organized and ready for baby's arrival so had a long, hot shower and spritzed on a healthy dose of Clair de Musc.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Basenotes Plus

Went to lunch and a stage play today so I remained sans parfum until now

SOTE: Ineke After My own Heart
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Thanks again for all of your wishes! *group hug*!

The Smell of Weather Turning by Gorilla Perfumes - I officially LOVE this stuff!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Aramis Tuscany tonight. Belated congrats to Dimitri!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Hello dear BNers...started the day in a spritz of Yves Rocher's green tea scent. Presently, I am testing Chloe Capucine.

Blog Entries

Hi all!

Today I figured I'd keep testing stuff I could potentially buy at the upcoming SF Meet-Up (yep, I'm not going to shut up about it until it comes!). For the day:

More weirdness from Nasomatto - I'm still not sure if they're brilliant geniuses or if they simply have no idea what they're doing...

For the evening:

Dirtier than I expected. Somehow, the citrus isn't refreshing, so they try to make up for it with mint. Odd, but in a lovable way, like an ugly puppy.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Happy Anniversary wished to Mira and Dimitri.....
    Chez Bond by Bond No.9
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by RainDropSparkle View Post
    Hello dear BNers...started the day in a spritz of Yves Rocher's green tea scent. Presently, I am testing Chloe Capucine.
    I love Capucine!!!

Congratulations to Dimitri and Mira and best wishes for many many more years.

Today I am testing Eau des Merveilles. I think I like Eau Claire des Merveille better.
    Evenstar