Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Similar fragrances to L'eau d'issey pour homme intense but with longetivity?

What fragrance are similar to Issey Miyake L'eau D'issey Pour Homme INTENSE but actually have good longetivity? I like this fragrance but after 30 minutes I can hardly smell it is there!
    Current favourites:

1. YSL- La nuit de l'homme
    2. JPG- Le Male
    3. YSL- Body Kouros
    4. Hermes- Terre d'hermes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Similar fragrances to L'eau d'issey pour homme intense but with longetivity?

I think it's almost impossible to get the light, fruity notes to sick around in any fragrance. Although, there is a fair amount of olfactory fatigue associated with frags like Issey as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Similar fragrances to L'eau d'issey pour homme intense but with longetivity?

That's the same I absolutely love the opening! What kind of fragrance would you describe L'eau D'issey pour homme Intense as? I really like this kind of fragrance but don't know what category it would come under and therefore what kind of scents i should try.

I've been gettin samples of stuff like Dior fahrenheit which i thought was absolutely disgusting! Smells terrible on me..
    Current favourites:

2. JPG- Le Male
    3. YSL- Body Kouros

Post Thanks / Like

Try 212 for Men by Carolina Herrera

Post Thanks / Like

I just got this one at Marshalls the other day. The smell is kind of unique. L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme Intense was developed by Jacques Cavallier, the perfumer who created the original L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme. The fragrance features three contrasting harmonies: a bubbling, explosive surface; a spicy geyser at the centre; and sensual textured depths.

To me its spicy and woody with a little of citrus thrown in. the notes are as follows:

• Top Notes
    mandarin orange zest, bergamot, yuzu and sweet orange,
    • Middle Notes
    cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg and saffron. blue water lily
    • Base Notes
    Black incense, ambergris, benzoin and papyrus wood

Tip: one reason colognes dont last as long is because the skin is too dry. This happens especially after a warm/hot shower. One way to combat this is following ur shower to apply fragrance free moisturizer in the areas you will apply the fragrance. Then after a few minutes apply Intense. see how that works for you

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not trying to be funny, but if you want something that smells like L'Eau D'issey Pour Homme INTENSE but lasts longer, the best solution is plain old L'Eau D'issey Pour Homme.

Intense is very short lived on me, while the original lasts ages. I really don't understand manufacturers putting out an intense version that don't last as long as the original.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I'm not trying to be funny, but if you want something that smells like L'Eau D'issey Pour Homme INTENSE but lasts longer, the best solution is plain old L'Eau D'issey Pour Homme.

Intense is very short lived on me, while the original lasts ages. I really don't understand manufacturers putting out an intense version that don't last as long as the original.
    Renato
    Yes, it makes no sense. I agree just get regular Issey. Of the aquatic type scents, that one last fairly well on me anyway. Most anything in that vein is going to be pretty light weight in the longevity department.

Umm, fruits? I'm confused. It smells to me like an earthy vetiver fragrance. I think London is a good alternative to it, or Narciso Rodriguez for him MUSC.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, i'll try that. I havn't actually tried the original yet so it is a perfectly valid suggestion.

I tried moisturising before application with Intense, but still after an hour max I can barely smell i'm wearing it! I really do like the fragrance though, so will defiantely try the original if it has better longetivity. I suppose I could wear both at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post

Renato
    Current favourites:

2. JPG- Le Male
    3. YSL- Body Kouros