Code of Conduct

Default hehe... Another Caron!

I boughts me another Caron :-) For anyone who's perused my posts/wardrobe, you'll know that I am an outspoken fan of this house.

This month it is vintage parfum Sacre EDT. I'm wearing it now and I'm just beside myself. Lovely, pure perfection. I tried the new sacre intense at the store and was so-so about it. But the vintage, mmm. Love it!

But i have to say, this is marketed as on oriental spicy, but I don't think so. If I tested this blind I'd think it an Oriental floral. Curiuos what others think, if you've tried it. I do'nt get spices at all, it's very ambery to me, almost like Pour une femme.
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: hehe... Another Caron!

You go BayKAT, BN's Caron pusher of the year!
    I only have the bath oil in Parfum Sacre, so my impressions could be skewed. It's smooth and deep,but not real spicy to me also.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I adore Parfum Sacre. I have been wearing it since the day/week it was released. I even had a lovely set, years ago, from the Ave Montaigne boutique which had these two adorable ltd. edition soaps included. Ah glorious memories from long ago.

Enjoy it with all your heart BayKat, there is nothing quite like Parfum Sacre, nor like any vintage Caron.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Baykat I agree that the spices are somewhat underplayed in Parfum Sacre, but the amber and incense are toooo beautiful! Enjoy!

reine

Referring to the original '91 version (it's been reformulated too, right?) I don't get a lot of spice from Parfum Sacré either...maybe just a bit of pepper at first, but that actually feels more like cedar to me, plus amber and incense. I've always thought of it as Caron's answer to Samsara, actually....and there are also times when it reminds me of Rochas Femme. But I don't get heavy florals from it either. To my nose it's a woody oriental.

At any rate, and whatever you get, we can all agree that it is sultry and beautiful. Enjoy your new discovery BayKat!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Evangeline, yes! a woody oriental.

Does anyone like the new sacre intense? I'm always worried that folks are reading my praise, then heading out to try Caron for themselves, and getting this new stuff. New Narcisse Noir, for example, will not blow your socks off.

My hope is that Caron will change hands once again and the new management will bring back the old formulas

Blog Entries

Congratulations, BayKAT! I am super happy for you. I thought you would go into vintage territory with your beloved Carons.

I smelled a spray of Sacre Parfum Intense (the new version) in the store and was overwhelmed by black pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    You go BayKAT, BN's Caron pusher of the year!
    - Oh this is way funny, especially for me! BayKAT and DoctorMod were my teachers, who had me ventured into the Carons!.. now I know a funny name for that!..

Warum, black pepper, ah yes, that is what I remember it being. (Knit at nite, remember when we were at parfums Jacquelyn and one of our group tried this? Wiat, I think this was you!!! You tried it on your arm, right?

parfum sacre smells like a true Oriental Spicy, but the vintage smells like an oriental woody, like folks are suggesting. Very different.
    Last edited by BayKAT; 14th November 2010 at 03:54 PM.

Ooh, good suggestion for SOTD, Baykat! I have a vintage mini of Parfum Sacre and I think I'll go dab some on. I agree, more floriental than straight oriental on me.

Go BayKAT! Parfum Sacre was one the first Carons I tried. I've always gotten a very soft-focus, Victorian, romantic vibe from it. It's very powdery, and lately it's been feeling a little over-sweet to me, from something that smells very much like peaches. It's somewhat spicy, but the sweet dominates-- peaches, powder, carnations. I agree on the floriental.
    Parfum Sacre feels like the color print to Borneo 1834's negative.

I never knew it came in edt until recently. Congratulations.
    For me it has a dusty rose feel like old fashioned rose talc.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Parfum Sacre is part of my wardrobe too. Recently I found Bellodgia to be quite nice and purchased both the EDP and Extrait. My other favorite Caron is Violette Precieuse. Congratulations on the acquisition of your vintage Parfum Sacre.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by BayKAT View Post
    Warum, black pepper, ah yes, that is what I remember it being. (Knit at nite, remember when we were at parfums Jacquelyn and one of our group tried this? Wiat, I think this was you!!! You tried it on your arm, right?

parfum sacre smells like a true Oriental Spicy, but the vintage smells like an oriental woody, like folks are suggesting. Very different.
    Good memory- yes, I impulsively used 1.5 arms to Carons at Jacquelyn and had to scrub in the ladies to free up enough space to make it through the rest of the day. I purchased my Eau de Reglisse.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Congrats!!! I am not sure if I have tried Sacre. I am not u huge Caron fan. There are some scents I didn't like, but I adore Ballodgia. <3
    "See a shoe, and pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck." by A. W.

I can't believe Violette preciuse hasn't crossed my path yet... it is on the radar, though! I must try this.

Borneo as well, now that it was mentioned above. Great analogy, Sunny!~

I LOVE Parfum Sacre. It was the first Caron I bought along with Nuit de Noel, both unsniffed. On my skin the mace, incense and creamy notes are the ones that bloom. Usually my skin eats spices, but this one stays spicy throughout. The floral notes are just barely there and blend so well with the others that I would never think of it as a floral scent. Parfum sacre along with Theorema are my top two favorite scents ever. <3

I bought my second Caron these days - a pure parfum of Aimez Moi. Bought i blindly, because it was so cheap (20 dollars for 30ml). Never heard much about it, but i think i`ll like it.

About Parfum Sacre, is it really powdery? I have already had a 30ml bottle of it, but i wore it and it was all about powder aroma on me. I think i got a spoiled bottle maybe...

I adore Parfum Sacre! Have used up two bottles of it this year, and still going strong! I get the peppery blast at the start, but then it's myrrh, amber and floral, especially rose, on me. It's a scent that seems to take you to a better world - perhaps that's the reason for the name.
    Agree about Parfuk Sacre Intense. I was very disappointed. I ordered a bottle unsniffed (always a mistake!) on the strength of my love for the original, but found it much less inspiring. Seems to overwhelm the myrrh and rose with spices and herbs (possibly green coriander) in the beginning, and then it just peters out on me, no longevity at all.