Code of Conduct

Default Best moisturizer to use to increase projection?

what do you guys think is the best moisturizer to use to increase projection?........any input is appreciated

Default Re: Best moisturizer to use to increase projection?

You'll find a ton of great suggestions in this thread:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/204...ecommendations

I usually switch between Lubriderm and Cetaphil depending on what happens to be in stock when I need a new bottle.

Favor Aveeno Daily Moisturizer...Colloidal Oatmeal ingredient is non greasy, and doesn't challenge my frag in the least

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

I just use the Target brand of no scent lotion. It's worked pretty well for me.

I use Nivea

But projection??

I can understand some people believing that lotions help with longevity on dry skin, but if a fragrance doesn't project, is there really much you can do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    But projection??

I can understand some people believing that lotions help with longevity on dry skin, but if a fragrance doesn't project, is there really much you can do about it?
    Good point! I think when I read the OP, my eyes saw "projection" but my brain translated it to mean "longevity".

i would Think the only way to help with projection would be to get lotion scented like or close to the fragrance you're wearing. Not sure there is much you can do besides that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, as far as ive read, lotion only helps with longevity. That makes sense to me because I believe it would trap the fragrance and slow down the evaporation of it and hold it on the skin longer therefore increasing longevity and decreasing projection.

I use unscented Lubriderm and it seems to work quite well

Basenotes Plus

Cetaphil

Aveeno or Cetaphil fragrance free

I don't know if it's the best but CeraVe does help prolong the longevity for most of my scents.

Aveeno daily moisturizer for me also. Works very well.

(3138)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Usually, the readily available and comparatively affordable products like Nivea or Neutrogena did a good job so far (at least for me). Also, most of their products, though being mostly scented, smell neutrally enough to blend in well with and also highlight any fragrance.

Agreed that this may only work with longevity. I have never experienced increased projection from using moisturizer prior to fragrance application.

Ultimately, I have found two things to work better than using the moisturizer method.

Firstly; spray as usual and then wait for it to dry and then spray the same spots again. Secondly, a small application to the shirt or even better, put the shirt on before the second set of sprays is completely dry. These two additional steps have always worked better for me than using unscented moisturizer before spraying the fragrance. Of course, it's possible to use the moisturizer in addition to what I do!

Lastly, this: https://www.canvasandconcrete.com/ works similarly to the moisturizer trick. I've tried it and it's not bad but it's not really necessary unless you are really on the go and want to get the whole thing done quickly. The moisturizer trick or the above mentioned method will do the trick.

Eric

I use Kiehl Creme de Corps.

Another vote for Aveeno...and for a good deal, stock up at Costco!

I doubt any lotion will help with projection. I get mixed results even when I've tried this myself to extend longevity.

Some folks on BN have suggested using Iso E Super
    layered with the frag of your choice to boost projection.
    Not too keen on the idea myself though.
    Last edited by Picassoutine; 19th January 2014 at 05:50 PM.
    “When you step back from stressing the parts,
    when the mind becomes still, the rose comes to you,
    unfolds in you in all her glory.
    The perfume invades you completely.
    The rose is you. You are one.”

Jean Klein

I stopped wearing fragrances that don't last.

I know that's not the answer the OP is looking for, but in my experience, it is the smartest thing you can do. You don't try to race against someone on a Harley if you're riding a Schwinn.

It's a shame to frustrate yourself with scents that don't last or don't project when there are so many amazing scents that do. And this forum is the perfect place to start finding them.

That being said, there is one trick I learned by accident but I swear by: Wear a t-shirt that absorbs moisture, not one likely to wick it away. Think about it logically and you'll realize that if the t-shirt absorbs, it catches and keeps. I bought cheap t-shirts from Old Navy recently and I know they're not going to last for years and years. They're so cheap, but they're also soft, and they really seem to hang on to fragrances more than any other clothing I own except for maybe some of my nicer sweaters (holy cow, I got a bit of Choco Musk on a sweater a few weeks ago and I can still smell it! WOW!) ...I don't spray the t-shirt though. I just wear the t-shirt and, over the course of a day, it absorbs a scent.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Quote Originally Posted by Picassoutine View Post
    Some folks on BN have suggested using Iso E Super
    layered with the frag of your choice to boost projection.
    Not too keen on the idea myself though.
    Good call.

Too many people think we're at Hogwarts. Iso E Super isn't some magic potion that you can't smell but others can. It isn't a pheromone. And it isn't some sort of magic booster for other scents. It also doesn't require the wearer to wear a pointy hat and carry a wand. Iso E Super is a synthetic chemical created in a lab, designed to smell like woods (well, woods with a bit of citrus) and last a long time. It often serves as a base note in a composition. It's important to understand that it has a smell of its own, so if you use it for layering (which I sometimes do) one needs to realize you're adding scent to scent. In other words, 4 sprays of a scent plus 2 sprays of diluted Iso E Super (a.k.a. Molecule 01) = 6 total sprays of fragrance. Also, realize that some stuff doesn't smell good when layered with it, but then again, some stuff smells fantastic. I wear 3 sprays of Molecule 01 with just a tiny bit of Choco Musk. It's fantastic. But I don't layer them in order to make Choco Musk last longer pr project. I just think Choco Musk is way toooooo gourmand for my taste. But a little bit of it with the woody/slightly citric smell of Molecule 01 really smells quite nice. I kinda wish I'd worn that today! Ah well... tomorrow...
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Aveeno fragrance free