Code of Conduct

Default MoslBuddJewChristHinDao (Unifaith) by Elternhaus

I poured an entire sample vial of this on me. WOW, just wow! I get a bit of Palisander and CDG 3 in there. Though it mainly smells like burnt wood/incense.

I think I'm going to buy a bottle of this as a gift once I get $300 lying around.

Anyone else love this?
    Last edited by nsamadi; 12th September 2010 at 09:42 AM.

Default Re: MoslBuddJewChristHinDao (Unifaith) by Elternhaus

what kind of name is that? if anything the name a lone sounds like something I would not like to have in my collection. Trying to spark controversy? Don't get me wrong, outside of basenotes I'm a person who goes into a lot of religion related discussions and read a lot, but what does that have to do with a fragrance?

What does it smell similar like? $300 is a lot, and looking at the cheap looking bottle, I'm just very confused.

Basenotes Institution

I've always wanted to smell this, but never have...Buxton did this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    What does it smell similar like? $300 is a lot, and looking at the cheap looking bottle, I'm just very confused.
    I was with a friend and she said it smelt like burnt wood. It's a transparent incense with a slightly floral sweetness to it. The bottle comes in concrete block, so I guess that's where the high price tag comes from.

I get a bit of CDG 3 & Palisander/Sequoia in it though it's far from both.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 12th September 2010 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Buxton did this right?
    I'm not a fan of his creations. I have owned a few of them including 2 Man, which I've liked but not enough to want to own or excited enough to wear often. And due to their transparent qualities, they tend to be very poor in terms of sillage/longevity.

This instead I like a lot. I can't explain it but it evokes a sort of mood when you wear it.

count me in as a fan too! it's the ultimate "white cloud" fragrance. beats reflections and likes hands down. it's incredibly sweet and incency in the most pervert way.

Wow I'm excited to try this. Concrete block? guess that's the package eh? yet the bottle looks cheap to me unless I'm missing something. You say it beats reflection by Amouage? I was thinking of buying that one after dia.

they don't smell similar...but, these both scents evoke what i refer to as "white cloud" vibe for me...and MoslBuddJewChristHinDao does it with class.

I've wanted it for a while, but I can't find it anywhere. Luckyscent has been sold out for years and told me they didn't think they'd get it back. I even emailed them directly like a year ago and they didn't know when more would be available. Where's everyone getting their samples?
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    count me in as a fan too! it's the ultimate "white cloud" fragrance. beats reflections and likes hands down. it's incredibly sweet and incency in the most pervert way.
    Blasphemy!!

How can I not try this after you say it's better than my favorite scent?! I too would love to know where I could get a sample of this.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

SoS, sorry dude, didnt mean to put Reflections down...but then, like i mentioned in my second post, it doesnt smell like Reflections.. however...it's a very interesting (intoxicating?) take on (incredibly sweet) woody, incense based scents and hey, a generous dose of florals....how can you not like it?

lol, No offense taken. Reflection gets a lot of love but a lot of hate too and I can understand both sides!

This sounds really interesting though. I'm not a fan of any of Buxton's work that I've tried so far but there are always exceptions to any rule. So this isn't a churchy incense at all? I wonder if it's anything like Ankh by Scents of Time.

What's the strength and longevity like on this?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Where's everyone getting their samples?
    I got my sample in a swap almost a year and half ago. It's from The Perfumed Court. Since it was half full and an expensive rarity, I "barely" tested it concluding it was a much better CDG 3 and you should just save your money and buy it instead.

I decided to wear it fully yesterday and was blown away. It's amazing. It's the clearest incense fragrance, yet it manages to be really smokey. Then it has this rose/sandalwood combination which gives it a sweetness.

It's really well done, nice use of notes, quality is top notch. I wouldn't have a problem dropping $300. I imagine it's what Buxton always wanted to do but wasn't given the budget. You can sort of see it done half-ass in his other fragrances.

I emailed various sites, I doubt I'll get a bottle. It seems discontinued but I'm going to try.

If you visit the Elternhaus website, and click on Unfaith, it will bring you to a set of options. One of those options is "Where". After clicking on Where it brings up a sort of bizarre "tree" diagram that includes an option to Buy. If you click on Buy it launches a seperate window to email them. Perhaps it is available still, but only via email. On a side note, I find the website incredibly pretentious, offering an overly ostentatious but ultimately hollow experience. I'd love to try it, but I'll never spend that much on a fragrance at this point in my life.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    If you click on Buy it launches a seperate window to email them. Perhaps it is available still, but only via email.
    Nope, tried that a year ago and got a 'sorry, we don't have any' email back. (that reply email was pretty pretentious as well, if memory serves me)
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    If you visit the Elternhaus website, and click on Unfaith, it will bring you to a set of options. One of those options is "Where". After clicking on Where it brings up a sort of bizarre "tree" diagram that includes an option to Buy. If you click on Buy it launches a seperate window to email them. Perhaps it is available still, but only via email. On a side note, I find the website incredibly pretentious, offering an overly ostentatious but ultimately hollow experience. I'd love to try it, but I'll never spend that much on a fragrance at this point in my life.
    Thanks, I contacted them through the official fragrance site, Marc Buxton's official site & Luckyscent. I haven't gotten a response from any of them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Nope, tried that a year ago and got a 'sorry, we don't have any' email back. (that reply email was pretty pretentious as well, if memory serves me)
    Lol, one can only imagine. What a bizarre site that is.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Thanks, I contacted them through the official fragrance site, Marc Buxton's official site & Luckyscent. I haven't gotten a response from any of them yet.
    That sucks, why have the option available if you're not still offering them up for sale?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Good news, a kind basenoter friend asked Susanne Raupach (of Elternhaus) if they will produce MoslBuddJewChristHinDao again, and her reply was "yes".

Very interested in this one, what's the current status?

Yes interested in this one as well. Is it being rereleased? Has someone tried emailing the company? Similar to any other Buxton creations?

Daniel from Elternhaus just confirmed via email that they are in progress of a relaunch of MoslBuddJewChristHinDao

Pass, lol, the name is just not my thing for one..not to get into any sort of religious discussions at all. Just don't want any of my perfumes with a silly, long name like that. And I am so burnt out on incense.... And burnt out on burnt notes as well a little bit, lol.

Lol, when I first spotted the name, I thought it was a user name..not a perfume name, lol.
    Last edited by kalli; 14th August 2012 at 08:02 AM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

With an avatar like Kali, how can you pass this one up? I find the name of the perfume house equally strange. I've never seen it round these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by HDDP View Post
    Daniel from Elternhaus just confirmed via email that they are in progress of a relaunch of MoslBuddJewChristHinDao
    Great! Did he give any indication as to when this might take place?

Whenever you guys get any info on the re-release, make sure you write about it in this thread for us poor schmucks who want a bottle but can't find one
    Sales thread here

a sweet transparent incense? can't think of much less dull.

Do someone knows If it will still come inside the concrete blocks?

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I read somewhere that Dover Street by CdG smells a bit like MoslBuddJewChristHinDao. I gave it a sniff today and it's pretty good (Dover Street).

Can anyone comment on the similarities?
    Sales thread here

So has this one been re-released, now that it has its own web-site?

http://www.moslbuddjewchristhindao.com/swf/popup.php

I got a reply back from Elternhaus, apparently they're currently out of stock. When I inquired as to when they would be receiving new stock, they simply said "we don't know".

Anybody else tried ordering this recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Anybody else tried ordering this recently?
    It's pretty much long gone. "We're getting more in" is what they've been saying for a few years now. Think it's BS at this point. I would have picked up a bottle when I had a chance years ago at $300 but that was a ton of cash (probably nothing now considering what some rubbish niche go for) and those were my student days.

Clearly the customer means nothing to them if they couldn't at least be bothered to give a definitive update over the last 4 years.

Basenotes Institution

Sad. Such a great scent.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

All I can say about this fragrance is that the name always reminds me of this Ween track, Reggaejunkiejew. (NSFW; profanity)