Code of Conduct

Default Pour Un Homme De Caron Body Perfume

Received a roll-on sample a while ago and was searching for any info on this. The sample says it contains no alcohol. It seems to take on a more a animalic drydown when compared to the EdT. Also, it lasts longer than the EdT. I was wondering what other Bnoters thought of this.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: Pour Un Homme De Caron Body Perfume

I never liked PuH--smells like a big cinnamon cookie to me. Try RSL or MdM. They are significantly richer, but will do the job much more nicely in moderation. Some roleons contain denat which is similar to alcohol but not in fact alcohol.

manicboy,
    The sample you have may be the no-alcohol formula, which is available as splash (you'll see examples on ebay). I've never tried it myself but it's possible that the notes would come across slightly different due to the absence of alcohol. Even the EDT base smells a bit animalic (ambergris) on my skin in warmer temperatures.

has anyone an idea where to buy this? I actually prefer it infinitely over the EdT, and would LOVE to have a bottle.

there's a strangely dusty lavender accord here; sort of reminds me a bit of the aged dust smells in Villoresi that makes me love his works so much.

Basenotes Institution

Bottle pic?

Blog Entries

I got a sample of it from the Caron Boutique in NY. I think it's intended for babies (that's usually the official point of alcohol-free perfumes)

Oh, the irony of making your baby smell like pee!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    I got a sample of it from the Caron Boutique in NY. I think it's intended for babies (that's usually the official point of alcohol-free perfumes)

Oh, the irony of making your baby smell like pee!
    LOL - I'm one of those that doesn't get the urinous vibe from CPUH...nonetheless, I can't imagine encountering a baby that smells like CPUH. Sort of like smelling Aramis on someones pet. Just kind of weird.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    LOL - I'm one of those that doesn't get the urinous vibe from CPUH...nonetheless, I can't imagine encountering a baby that smells like CPUH. Sort of like smelling Aramis on someones pet. Just kind of weird.
    Mike, I would love to smell Aramis on our dogs! Our veterinarian actually said to use small drops of lavender essential oil rubbed on the hands and applied very lightly to the heads and paws for a calming effect. Oil of peppermint can be used, too. We had a small dog who had her own peppermint oil diffuser in her room. (Don't do this if your pet has sensitivity to this.)

I use the Oh, My Dog! on the dogs. Beats using my Eau Imperiale on them! Oh, My Dog! is made by Dog Generation and is the work of Etienne Swardt, the man behind Etat Libre d'Orange. Oh, My Dog! smells like an eau fraiche with fresh citrus.

Sorry to get off topic...
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

Oh. My. Dog.

LOL

"I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I'm surprised about the civet comment in PuH too.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks manicboy for the link. I will definitely look into getting this, I love splash-on lavender prominent fragrances, especially after the gym.

Blog Entries

I only have a very old mini of PUH, and it's ridiculously filthy. But people always comment when I refer to it as a civet scent. In a way, it's more of a urine scent than a fecal scent (though my nose often takes really strong tonka notes and mistakes them for baby poo)
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

I just recieved a bottle of this today and it is an excellen adjunct to the EDT. It has a light oil consistency and seems to help the longitivity of the scent. Good stuff and I am glad I bought it to back up my beloved Caron Pour Un Homme EDT.

PS- I get absolutely no civet In CPuH. Wish I did, that's why I prefer Jicky.
    Mark K