Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who uses fragrances on different body locations for effect?

Just like the title says, who applies different fragrances to different body areas to make a unique scent pathway around yourself? [Edit] No, I'm not one bit interested in more intimate type details....at all.

For instance, in the evening after a long day in the clinic, I love to wind down with 3 sprays of Amouage Reflection Man--one on each side of the neck and one on my tee shirt or pajama top. Then, Maison FK Cologne pour le Soir gets applied to my hands.

I find it helps with anosmia in a big way and keeps things interesting.

Also, I'll put Dolce and Gabanna's The One onto my hair and neck and YSL's La Nuit De L'Homme on my chest and wrists, all light sprays as to not over do it. Or, I'll bring out the ''Autumness'' of Burberry's London by adding Odin 04 Petrana to the lower third of my body, usually my pants legs rather than my own skin. Jubilation XXV will get just a dash of Comme des Garcons Wonderwood to add to the smoke. Jub-to-Wonderwood ratio is 99-1.

Weird? Is the fact I was 6 credits short of a minor in chemistry in undergraduate school coming back to haunt me? Anyone else do this?

Yeah...I've had profound failures. LoL!!!

Cheers,
    Daryl J.
    Last edited by Daryl J.; 12th September 2010 at 06:19 AM.

Default Re: Who uses fragrances on different body locations for effect?

My girlfriend does that sometimes and I don't understand it. Layering and mixing is one thing, but spraying different perfumes on different body parts...I gotta try that one day with some of the combinations you mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on BNers! Let your freak flags fly! Because I want to use many of my fragrances, rather than just one-a-day (like a vitamin), I spray a few on my body at once. Fragrances that are strong get sprayed on the hands/wrists, medium strength fragrances get sprayed on the arms, and less intense fragrances get sprayed on the neck and around the head. I try to make sure that the fragrances are compatible. You should experiment. It's fun to be a sillage cloud.

Life is too precious to just use one fragrance at a time! Live it up!
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Well, for you experts, may we have some beginner guidelines? I wouldn't mind being a mind blowing complex silage cloud

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the time of day

Post Thanks / Like

Just be sure to use virtually ANY pulse point for the one you want to 'enhance' most when mixing
    - as opposed to layering that is.

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    Come on BNers! Let your freak flags fly! Because I want to use many of my fragrances, rather than just one-a-day (like a vitamin), I spray a few on my body at once. Fragrances that are strong get sprayed on the hands/wrists, medium strength fragrances get sprayed on the arms, and less intense fragrances get sprayed on the neck and around the head. I try to make sure that the fragrances are compatible. You should experiment. It's fun to be a sillage cloud.

Life is too precious to just use one fragrance at a time! Live it up!

If you want to try it on your Ears, Which fragrances you will choose for that part. Usually temprature of ear is different with other parts. No?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hamid View Post
    If you want to try it on your Ears, Which fragrances you will choose for that part. Usually temprature of ear is different with other parts. No?
    I don't spray my ears intentionally. I spray lighter fragrances above the shoulders.
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

DeepSilence

I don't spray my ears intentionally. I spray lighter fragrances above the shoulders.
    behind it, Not into your ear!!

You can spray it on your finger, then rub your finger behind your ear.
    I will try then i will tell you how was it
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 12th September 2010 at 07:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hamid said, "behind it, Not into your ear!!

I will try then i will tell you how was it "

LMAO! Hahahaha! I'll just put in my ear plugs!
    Last edited by Rosehavn; 12th September 2010 at 08:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have already done that, but only for trying different scents, not wearing them. Here we have a group that collects fragrances and get together sometimes. Everyone use to carry some frags, and then we have some tables that together use to between 40-70 fragrances (I use to take 20-30 fragrances myself). Then, in these days i keep spray on every body part available, as hands, fingers, entire arm, neck, ears, every fragrance i want to try it. It's fun and slightly weird when you take a shower after that and you notice all the fragrances coming back to life with the heat

For me the most important location to spray fragrances is the chest.

Post Thanks / Like

Hamid said, "behind it, Not into your ear!!

I will try then i will tell you how was it "
    LMAO! Hahahaha! I'll just put in my ear plugs!
    I use to wear fragrance behind the ears. I always give one spray behind each ear at least. The fragrance use to impregnate at my glasses and sometimes i have to smell it, because they smell so good when the basenotes of different fragrances get blended.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    Well, for you experts, may we have some beginner guidelines? I wouldn't mind being a mind blowing complex silage cloud
    Evoke, is easier to match fragrances of the same family, that has similar notes. They'll probably amplify what they have in common or accentuate aspects that you couldn't notice before.

I've seen people spray half a can of Lynx (Axe) down the front of their underwear.

Once, before going to bed, I covered my arm with one spray of each of my fragrances. All I could smell after a few minutes was Azzaro pH.
    Top 10:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    2. YSL M7
    3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Dior Homme/Intense
    6. YSL Opium
    7. Azzaro Pour Homme
    8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    9. YSL Live Jazz
    10. Burberry London

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    I've seen people spray half a can of Lynx (Axe) down the front of their underwear.

Once, before going to bed, I covered my arm with one spray of each of my fragrances. All I could smell after a few minutes was Azzaro pH.
    Azzaro needs to be worn ALONE.

I really like to use a cucumber or citrus scented lotion before applying a fragrance with very short longevity on summer days.
    On fall or winter, i'd rather use a sandalwood lotion, other favorites: amber, vetiver. I don't like to use vanilla because a lot of fragrances already have enough vanilla as it is.