Code of Conduct
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default New Posts Not Appearing On Screen After Sign On And Clicking "New Posts"

I have noticed lately an inconsistency in New Posts being listed on the New Post screen after sign on. This morning the only post there was the post from Grant:

Private Message based Scam: Be alert Posted By Grant (Administrator) 1st September 2010

although in looking through the various boards there were scores of new, unread posts by date/time.

After I sign-on new posts posted after that point will appear on the New Post screen in bold blue. When I visit each individual Board after sign-on only the Threads with posts dated/timed after my sign-on are in bold blue. None of the unread Threads posted to since I signed off the previous night are in bold blue as they used to be, all of them now are in the faded blue that indicates their having been read and made them prominent so I didn't have to search each for date/time. But after I sign on any new posts posted after that point will appear on the New Post screen in bold blue.

Anyone else having this problem? Or is it my computer?
    Last edited by kbe; 6th September 2010 at 01:12 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Posts Not Appearing On Screen After Sign On And Clicking "New Posts"

OK. It now happens regularly. Today I was signed off for about 5 hours. After sign on I had zero new posts listed. After sign on though the new posts slowly began to gather as they occured. I take it as no one has posted similar problems that it is a problem unique to my computer. So be it.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: New Posts Not Appearing On Screen After Sign On And Clicking "New Posts"

No, I don't think it's just you, it's happened to me a couple of times. Hasn't happened this week that I can remember.

It's happened to me 2 or 3 times this week. I sign in, click on NEW POSTS and sometimes there are none, other times maybe about half a page worth, so I end up having to go through the threads manually to see what is new.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thanks for posting Kiliwia and Craig. I was about to get my hammer out!

It is inconsistent. First sign-on in the day usually has the symptom but other sign-ons may or may not. I am relieved it is not a quirk in my computer.

This is a software bug, I think it has been noted by the developers and should be fixed in a future version

cheers