Code of Conduct

Default Finally gave my stepdaughter my mini of Kenzo Power.

Hey guys:

I've had this mini spray of Kenzo Power for most of the year just lying around in a drawer. As much as I like the concept of a masculine floral, I just can't bring myself to actually wear this stuff outside the house. I think it smells like crushed sweet tarts sprinkled over a bouquet of flowers. I finally let my stepdaughter (16) put some on her wrist, and I think she will probably wear it to school and such. Just glad I didn't just pitch it in the trash and lose my 10 dollar investment.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Finally gave my stepdaughter my mini of Kenzo Power.

Good choice. I tried it when it first came out & thought it would be unisex. Didn't get the sweetarts, though. It was all about the floral notes on my skin.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I like the shower gel and wore the edt a few times, but I agree that it is not as masculine as it could be. It worked best for me when I wore it on runs but if you have to be drenched in sweat for it to work right, what's the point? I gave mine away too, kept the shower gel. I'm REALLY fond of Kenzo's subtlety and generally unisexish masculine frags but I couldn't get Power to work for me as well as the others.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

I wonder how much body chemistry alters this scent. I tried it and yes... it's a masculine floral that leans unisex; however on me, it turns decidedly masculine. Same for a lot of scents that have either a touch of iris in them, geranium or labdanum. On paper, I hated Kenzo Power.

Tried it on my skin, now I'm looking for a bottle of it or the cologne version.

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Good choice. I tried it when it first came out & thought it would be unisex. Didn't get the sweetarts, though. It was all about the floral notes on my skin.
    I didn't think Power was that sweet, until I compared it side-by-side with Givenchy Insense. Then the sweetness of Power was really evident.

Basenotes Plus

@ gerbic. I expect chemistry plays a huge role in how a scent develops on your skin: as will any medications you take or foods you eat & the dryness of your skin.

My sister & I are fragrance opposites. If it smells horrible on me it will smell amazing on her. There are very few exceptions. It's how we select fragrances for each other long distance.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hey, good call. It'd smell great on a teenage girl. I don't get the masculine classification at all, it's too sweet and fruity.

I didn't find Kenzo Power feminine or overly floral at all when I owned a bottle. Not that special of a scent, IMO. But not feminine or all that floral. The best part to me are the opening notes.

The mens fragrance shelves are littered with "sweet and fruity" scents. Moreso than Power.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I find its closest relative to be a personal favorite of mine, Dior Homme Cologne. I find Power slightly sweeter, so perhaps Dior Homme Cologne may work better for you as a masculine floral scent.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I didn't find Kenzo Power feminine or overly floral at all when I owned a bottle. Not that special of a scent, IMO. But not feminine or all that floral. The best part to me are the opening notes.

The mens fragrance shelves are littered with "sweet and fruity" scents. Moreso than Power.
    I agree. I didn't find it feminine - I just didn't think it was that great of a fragrance.

I am still looking to try the elusive Kenzo Power Cologne.......
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I agree. I didn't find it feminine - I just didn't think it was that great of a fragrance.

I am still looking to try the elusive Kenzo Power Cologne.......
    You can get it from the Kenzo website...

http://www.kenzousa.com/item/kenzo-power-cologne

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    You can get it from the Kenzo website...

http://www.kenzousa.com/item/kenzo-power-cologne
    Yeah, I saw it there last year when it was released. But was expecting it to be in a brick and mortar store (like Sephora) to be able to test it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Yeah, I saw it there last year when it was released. But was expecting it to be in a brick and mortar store (like Sephora) to be able to test it.
    Is there a Kenzo boutique in your area? You might be able to test it there.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Is there a Kenzo boutique in your area? You might be able to test it there.
    Not where I live. Plus I am not really dying to try it that bad - especially based on the original not being that great. I just thought if I ever ran into it I would give it a sniff.....