Code of Conduct

Default Amouage price craziness

OK so not sure if this is worth a mention let alone worthy of a thread but whats the deal with amouage.com pricing ?

amouage.com Reflection Man 100ml 200 Euro or £165 . £109 at Fascination Perfumery

amouage.com Jubilation XXV 100ml 220 Euro or £181 . £145 at Fascination and £150 at Harrods

Same with the attar prices

Such huge price inconsistancies so what the hell are Amouage playing at , they certainly not doing themselves any favours thats for sure .....

Default Re: Amouage price craziness

I too realised that it was a "bargain" to get the Amouages from the UK, but compared to the full official retail price here, amouage.com is on line.

It's the same with the new Opus collection as well. 275 Euro which is £227.62, ParfumsRaffy etc in USA $325 which is £211.32 (£190.19 with 10% code off) and Fascination Perfumery UK far cheaper at £195 (although my new factory sealed Opus 3 is cheaper still lol)

Meh, what can I say. This is one of the reasons I always hesitate buying amouage. Their prices are very different everywhere. Cheapest I've found so far is in Kuwait's Airport duty free, Epic was for 100 pounds, or $150 USD, 100ml of course.

I know someone who works in that airport so I might be able to grab some once I go there , it's impossible to buy from there, since I have transit in the UK and I can't bring with me more than 100ml of liquid, and it has to be in a clear bag blah blah blah.

But having said that, Fascination is the cheapest place to get Amouage, sadly they never answer my e-mails, I don't want to get charged VAT when I'm in north america. I have no idea why they're so expensive on amouage.com, but just avoid them I guess? many perfumes are more expensive bought directly from the boutique, I don't understand why.

Even more silly is that I've seen Amouages on ebay for higher prices than I can buy at locally from authorised retailers .

dnc

Quote Originally Posted by dnc View Post
    Even more silly is that I've seen Amouages on ebay for higher prices than I can buy at locally from authorised retailers .

dnc
    Dnc, i think that ebay sellers does this for places like here, where you cannot find the brand and where are a lot of stores that doesn't ship to us

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Dnc, i think that ebay sellers does this for places like here, where you cannot find the brand and where are a lot of stores that doesn't ship to us
    Yeah, I guess it seems we are fortunate for Amouage in UK. Must be a PITA for you.

So is this Fascination Perfumery legit? I mean,they've got some ridiculous prices there, there Serge Lutens prices in particular are quite tempting.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Ive used them once in the past had some issues which were resolved and shipping was slow BUT they are legit

They definitely look legit. However considering they have a huge site and online business yet they never answer e-mails is a good indication of their sub-par online service. Some claim though they're one of the best stores to visit physically in the UK.

Thanks for the info Pour Monsieur. I see a bottle of Ciel in my near future.

If someone has ordered or will order with fascination, Could you let me know if they're generous with samples?

Yes they are , as I remember they sent me 4 or 5 official Amouage spray samples

Thanks guys. Always good to know all of the options available when spending this much on something. I'll definitely keep them in mind should I decide to splurge on something they carry in the future.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense