Code of Conduct

Default Le Labo Another 13 - anyone try it?

I'm actually really interested in trying it, but judging from the 500 bottle run, I might not get a chance. Ambrox overloard! It's not even on the Le Labo site, but here's where I found it on Colette's site:
    http://www.colette.fr/#/page/5260/le-labo-x-another/
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Le Labo Another 13 - anyone try it?

My Barneys lady had smelled it, but they weren't given samples or the stuff to make it yet. She described it as VERY dirty.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Default Le Labo Another 13 - anyone try it?

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal
    My Barneys lady had smelled it, but they weren't given samples or the stuff to make it yet. She described it as VERY dirty.
    Even more interesting
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

With Oud 27 in their lineup, if a Le Labo rep says it smells "VERY dirty," one can only imagine...

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Even more interesting
    ABSOLUTELY . . . . I'm going in & will let you know where to find it.

They stream some pretty good music on that website.

I got my bottle yesterday from Collette. Can't decide if I love it. It's interesting. Feels in the same vein as Les Nez L'Antimatiere and a little L'Air de Rien,which I love, but on steroids. No soft edges here. It's definitely one of those challenging scents that I love in concept, but end up sitting on my shelf. In non-tecnical terms I would say it smells like very musty, sharp amber with something that may resemble pine. Certainly worth a try,

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    In the same way the dirtiness of MKK was actually a soft powdery floral? Sounds like anything that's not an aquatic is 'dirty'...

A GLOWING endorsement .... crap, my ego's shot already.
    Another blind buy gone tango uniform ? We'll see dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by moss1310 View Post
    I got my bottle yesterday from Collette. Can't decide if I love it. It's interesting. Feels in the same vein as Les Nez L'Antimatiere and a little L'Air de Rien,which I love, but on steroids. No soft edges here. It's definitely one of those challenging scents that I love in concept, but end up sitting on my shelf. In non-tecnical terms I would say it smells like very musty, sharp amber with something that may resemble pine. Certainly worth a try,

Quote Originally Posted by moss1310 View Post
    2 give it try with only 500 bouteilles issued, what 4? I know the Les Nez L'Antimatiere from a sample, or, better said I don't smell it, so I know it as good as any other non smelly smell. From a scent named as that - L'Antimatiere, I would expect waBOOM! as soon it came out of the bottel reacting with generic matiere ... isn't a hideous hype, if not?

I'm hard on the edge to buy Secretions Magnifique for it's artistic value and at the same time all day wearability. If only longevity would be better (all to quick gone in 6h). From what You write about that other Le Laboo #13 it seems 2 be a more undaring nonscent?

Anymore opinions? I saw 3 or 4 bottles for sale in the marketplace. Seems like a dud?

Not particularly a dud - it's Ambroxan and is what it is. It acts similar to profumo.it's ambergris tincture.
    It's slightly tricky in that after a short while you think it's gone but nope - there it is again & again & again.

Does anyone know if they are serving it up at Liberty as Im hoping to go next week

Lightbulb Re: Le Labo Another 13 - anyone try it?

You can try it for yourself from my decant page below!

I received my decant of this one today. It smelled pleasant, but plain for me, like you're smelling a pure base of a fragrance. It didn't sounded dirty to me - nothing in common with MKK or L'Air de Rien or Oud 27. There's something agarwoodish here, but it reminded me of a cheap cambodian agarwood that i bought on ebay for 4 dollars 3 years ago. It's the same kind of amber-woody aroma, with nuances of something spicy metalic that makes me think of molecules of safron. The ambroxan to me in this fragrance smell clean, without the raw, propolis aroma that some ambers had. It's safer than amber absolute i think, like a stripped down amber absolute that loosed all the honey and animalic aspects and got soft, slightly metallic and woody.

Giving a full wear of this one today.
    In the technical aspect, Another 13 is great. It isn`t too sheer, not too loud either, it`s pleasant, it`s stays on skin.
    Artistically, there`s something lacking. Another is a perfect name for this fragrance, since it`s just another fragrance exploring what we know that human beings love - amber and musk. All notes are justaposed to amplifly ambrox here, so the composition is quite linear on skin. What you get at the opening is what will stay on skin. Ambroxan has a light amber aroma, without the intense animalica aroma that some amber fragrances have. It doesn`t have the vegetal facet too, and the honey-propolis aspect is reduced to soft voice here. At first, you get a strange chemical aroma, that reminds me of hospital, of alcohool, of aspirines, and then you get this light, but present, amber, that get little variations during the evolution. Some times you get a faceless cedar aroma, then you notice a velvet, creamy, musky aroma. And it`s that what you get. It seems like a base for a male fragrance in it`s pure form, like they have forgot to add top and heartnotes. To me, it seems very cynical for a brand that wants to go against the massmarket grain. It`s just exclusive because of the high price and the limited number of bottles. There isn`t anything new on this one, nothing that adds a new light to a unexplored aroma of amber. It`s just another false artistic fragrance.

Oh, and this is not dirty like Oud 27. But from what i have read, there are two types of ambrox molecules, one that has an animalic facet, and one that doesn`t have. Maybe the mixed the two and i can only smell the cleaner one, while some people may have a better perception of the animalic one. But i doubt it will beat the dirty, animalic, soiled aroma of Oud 27.

Rickbr's review two spots up is the most accurate I've read about this scent. The SA at Barneys is on crack for calling this dirty. Overall, it's a very light pine sweet transparent musky amber which opens with sharp metallic chemicals.

The initial blast reminds me of Mania by Armani, same light watery feel. Close to transparent but not. Both scents share the same cedar note.

It has some light wood, probably the cedar. Someone mentioned pine, true but to my nose it's more mint. It does have a sharp metallic-ness in the topnotes but dries to a softness. It has the softest, lightest transparent amber you'll find in a scent. Chemicals? yes in a furtinure polish way but it's all in the opening. Oddly, this fragrance is almost clean smelling.

Stays close to the skin. Longevity is moderate, sillage low. The creator of the Le Labo line said it was light but long lasting with a 30% perfume strength. I really don't see that. You can get 5-6 hours wear out of this one.

It's a nice fragrance in that light way. I get quite bored with fragrances like this but this is done is an interesting way. The musk is clean and the amber isn't powdery or heavy, very muted and transparent. It's very plain but the blending and notes are the most unique I've smelt.

I could see myself wearing it a lot in the Summer. I'd buy it if someone was selling a used bottle for cheap for around $40-70. Besides that I probably wouldn't be interested in it after my decant is finished.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 13th November 2010 at 12:07 AM.

For sale at Luckyscent. A new set of notes are listed;

Musk, apple, pear, green citrus and ambrette

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    For sale at Luckyscent. A new set of notes are listed;

Musk, apple, pear, green citrus and ambrette
    Apple ? Pear ? Nuh uh.

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    Apple ? Pear ? Nuh uh.
    I couldn`t smell neither apple nor pear too.
    It seems more like the choose ambroxan and 12 other musky, woody chemicals.

Huge disappointment Tried it today at Liberty . All I got was woody amber , no skank , no filthy animal just woody cedary amber and it really was nothing new or interesting ..... but then I tried Jasmin 17 for the first time

I finally get what they were trying to go for with this scent. I think since it was in collaboration with a magazine, the scent itself in some weird way does smell like the glossy pages of a fashion magazine. Interesting concept.

I tried this thanks to the lovely SA in London and he actually brought his bottle so I can smell it. I was kind of underwhelmed when I smelt it and I must have been anosmic to something. All I got a faint, almost fuzzy ambery scent, but literally everyone commented on how amazing I smelt...and this was over a course of an entire day. Apparently they were smelling something that I wasn't. Hmmmm?
    It's sold out worldwide but I found this Ukrainian website that sells it and they seem pretty reputable.
    Has anyone purchased from http://www.gold-parfum.com.ua/pi/products_id/10456
    The website is in Ukrainian and I emailed them and they told me I could buy it via email. But the thing it's like $700 LOL! Wasn't Another 13 like $220 when it came out?
    Does anyone know if there is a bottle somewhere in a Le Labo boutique or anywhere?

Barneys New York has them. Or at least they did a few weeks ago. If not, Collette.fr should still have some. And yea', I believe they're $220.

One of my all-time favorites - not just limited to Le Labo, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Blak01 View Post
    Barneys New York has them. Or at least they did a few weeks ago. If not, Collette.fr should still have some. And yea', I believe they're $220.

One of my all-time favorites - not just limited to Le Labo, either.
    Thank you! I'll have to give them a call!

Last edited by MikeNY; 30th October 2011 at 02:24 PM.

Just recently Tried it and loved it so much I bought a bottle from Collete in france and had it shipped. Pretty pricey about 200US Shipped.
    "Stings the nostrils, in a good way. Im going to be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline."

Current Top 5:
    5.) Santa Maria Novella Muschio
    4.) Dior Homme Intense ( Vintage )
    3.) Dior La Collection Privee Ambre Nuit
    2.) Creed Aventus
    1.) Xerjoff Ibitira

Way too much Ambrox......I can't smell past the Ambrox wall. I do love this note in Baie Rose 26, peppered rose..a touch of ambroxan.